|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does the individual do after he helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) He drives away.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He walks with Peter the rest of the trip.
(d) He steals Peter's money.
2. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) His parents ask him to move out.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He wants to see if America is as bad as he believes.
3. In Chapter 6, Peter is told he needs to meet Homer. Who tells him this?
(a) A postman.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) A hitchhiker.
(d) Some store patrons.
4. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
(b) He wants Peter to eat.
(c) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
(d) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
5. Where did Peter grow up?
(a) The city.
(b) On a lake.
(c) A farm.
(d) The suburbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peter decide to travel?
2. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
3. What type of weather did Peter and Cooper encounter while traveling through Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina?
4. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
5. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)