|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter decide to travel?
(a) Peter will travel from Maine to California.
(b) Peter will travel to Canada.
(c) Peter will travel from New York to Washington, D.C. and then to Louisiana
(d) Peter will travel to Alaska.
2. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
(a) His father.
(b) His friend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
3. Why do people come to see Peter before he leaves Washington, DC?
(a) To travel with him.
(b) To wish him well.
(c) To beg him to stay.
(d) To tell him the trip is silly.
4. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
(a) Baggy pants.
(b) A button-down shirt.
(c) His hair long.
(d) Tattoos and piercings.
5. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Portland, Maine.
(c) Hartford, Connecticut .
(d) New York, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What world event is occurring during the book?
2. On what date do Peter and Cooper arrive at their first city destination?
3. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
4. What is the book A Walk Across America about?
5. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)