|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He is attacked by an animal.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He dies.
2. Where does Peter decide to travel?
(a) Peter will travel from New York to Washington, D.C. and then to Louisiana
(b) Peter will travel to Alaska.
(c) Peter will travel from Maine to California.
(d) Peter will travel to Canada.
3. Why do people come to see Peter before he leaves Washington, DC?
(a) To tell him the trip is silly.
(b) To beg him to stay.
(c) To travel with him.
(d) To wish him well.
4. In Chapter 4, a local establishment provides Peter with items for him to carry on his trip. How many items do they provide him with?
(a) As many as he can reasonably carry.
(b) A car-load full.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Enough to last him his entire trip.
5. What sub-culture do people think Peter is a member of?
(a) Beatnik culture.
(b) Jazz culture.
(c) Alternative culture.
(d) Hippie culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does the individual miss because he helps Peter and Cooper?
2. What world event is occurring during the book?
3. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
4. What is the name of the person that helps Peter and Cooper?
5. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)