|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) The post office.
(c) A pastry shop.
(d) The veneer mill.
2. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will dedicate his book to him.
(b) That he will pay his rent.
(c) That he will name his first child after him.
(d) That he will return to see him again.
3. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He hunts a deer.
(c) He becomes seriously ill.
(d) He loses his way.
4. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) Nothing, he escapes uninjured.
(d) He receives several porquipine quills in his face.
5. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
(b) Peter steals from him.
(c) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
(d) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
2. What is Peter's first reaction upon encountering the challenge in Chapter 5?
3. What world event is occurring during the book?
4. In Chapter 4, a local establishment provides Peter with items for him to carry on his trip. How many items do they provide him with?
5. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)