|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
(a) 100 miles to North Carolina.
(b) Rest stops.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What sub-culture do people think Peter is a member of?
(a) Alternative culture.
(b) Beatnik culture.
(c) Jazz culture.
(d) Hippie culture.
3. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) At the ocean.
(b) On top of a moutain.
(c) In a country store explaining their journey.
(d) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
4. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he should have carried more food.
(b) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
(c) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(d) That he left his wallet behind.
5. What date does Peter start his journey?
(a) February, 1973.
(b) July, 1973.
(c) March, 1973.
(d) October, 1973.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
2. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
3. What is Peter's first reaction upon encountering the challenge in Chapter 5?
4. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's host offer him?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)