|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
(a) Their homes.
(b) The school house.
(c) Another town.
(d) The black church.
2. In Chapter 18, how do the black church members help the white church members?
(a) They give the white church members food.
(b) They help rebuild the white church.
(c) They give them shelter.
(d) They pray for them.
3. When Mary Oliver receives word of the threat, what does she tell her sons to do?
(a) Gather all of the guns in the house.
(b) Do not talk to Peter.
(c) Hide in the basement.
(d) Run away.
4. What is the book A Walk Across America about?
(a) A story of a woman who battles the elements across America.
(b) A man's journey across America and what he learns.
(c) The reuniting of a family.
(d) The travels of a dog who ran away from home.
5. At the end of Chapter 14 Peter receives his first pay check. How much is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
2. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
3. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
4. How does Peter react to offer of a free meal?
5. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)