|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
(a) That he is almost to Louisiana.
(b) That his father is ill.
(c) That president Kennedy was assassinated.
(d) That people have been catching the flu and dying from it.
2. Why do people come to see Peter before he leaves Washington, DC?
(a) To tell him the trip is silly.
(b) To wish him well.
(c) To travel with him.
(d) To beg him to stay.
3. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) On top of a moutain.
(b) At the ocean.
(c) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
(d) In a country store explaining their journey.
4. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
(b) The Tianamen Square protests.
5. In Chapter 12, what does the officer claim Peter is equal to?
(a) "A lazy nigger."
(b) The president.
(c) A nasty human.
(d) A good hearted Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
2. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
3. How do the guests at the celebration get along with each other?
4. How is Peter feeling about his journey at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)