|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) At the veneer mill.
(b) In jail.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At home.
2. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he should have carried more food.
(b) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
(c) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(d) That he left his wallet behind.
3. In Chapter 4, who comes to see Peter off on his journey?
(a) His child.
(b) His family.
(c) His students.
(d) His wife.
4. What is the book A Walk Across America about?
(a) The reuniting of a family.
(b) The travels of a dog who ran away from home.
(c) A story of a woman who battles the elements across America.
(d) A man's journey across America and what he learns.
5. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
(a) A man who gives Peter rides to work.
(b) One of the Oliver family.
(c) An altar boy.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
2. Why does the lady at the diner give Peter a free meal?
3. In Chapter 3, what does the individual do after he helps Peter and Cooper?
4. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)