|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
(a) They tell Mr. Oliver if he doesn't ask Peter to leave, they will kill Peter and Cooper.
(b) They will burn the Oliver home down.
(c) They threaten to turn the Oliver family into the police.
(d) They will murder the Oliver family.
2. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
(a) That Peter is a rat.
(b) If they lay a hand on Peter or Cooper the Oliver family will be ready.
(c) Where Peter is staying.
(d) That he would like some alcohol.
3. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
(b) The diner is empty.
(c) Blacks and whites are dining together.
(d) There is no one there.
4. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
(a) Mow his lawn.
(b) Work in his store.
(c) Work on his farm.
(d) Clean his gutters.
5. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
(a) The post office.
(b) A pastry shop.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) The veneer mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter feel about America at the end of Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 18, how do the black church members help the white church members?
3. How do the guests at the celebration get along with each other?
4. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)