|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
(a) They will murder the Oliver family.
(b) They tell Mr. Oliver if he doesn't ask Peter to leave, they will kill Peter and Cooper.
(c) They will burn the Oliver home down.
(d) They threaten to turn the Oliver family into the police.
2. In Chapter 15, who is Annie?
(a) Peter's girlfriend.
(b) Preacher's wife.
(c) A mill worker.
(d) The farm cat.
3. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
(a) The black church.
(b) The school house.
(c) Another town.
(d) Their homes.
4. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
(a) The lack of sleep.
(b) The mountain has no path.
(c) Peter broke his leg.
(d) The weather and lack of nourishment.
5. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) Peter feels sorry for them.
(b) They have given him a gift.
(c) It's their anniversary.
(d) They have stood up for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
2. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
3. Why do the bootleggers dislike Peter?
4. What code does Peter use to describe Alabama?
5. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)