* Chapter 1
* Peter and Cooper are at a country store telling people about their journey.
* The reader gains insight into Peter's past. He grew up in a suburban home and felt emotionally empty most of his life. He uses drugs and alcohol to fill the void.
* Chapter 2
* Peter discusses his life during college.
* Peter reveals he was married to his high school sweetheart but they get divorced.
* Peter decides to walk across America.
* Chapter 3
* Peter and Cooper travel from New York to Washington, DC.
* Along the way Cooper is attacked by a porcupine. A kind stranger stops to help them.
* Peter and Cooper arrive in DC on October 30, 1973
* Chapter 4
* Peter goes to National Geographic and asks for a camera to document his trip.
* Peter's family arrive in Washington, DC to see him off on his journey.
* Peter is excited about his trip.
* Chapter 5
* Peter and...
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)