• Chapter 1
• Peter and Cooper are at a country store telling people about their journey.
• The reader gains insight into Peter's past. He grew up in a suburban home and felt emotionally empty most of his life. He uses drugs and alcohol to fill the void.
• Chapter 2
• Peter discusses his life during college.
• Peter reveals he was married to his high school sweetheart but they get divorced.
• Peter decides to walk across America.
• Chapter 3
• Peter and Cooper travel from New York to Washington, DC.
• Along the way Cooper is attacked by a porcupine. A kind stranger stops to help them.
• Peter and Cooper arrive in DC on October 30, 1973
• Chapter 4
• Peter goes to National Geographic and asks for a camera to document his trip.
• Peter's family arrive in Washington, DC to see him off on his journey.
• Peter is excited about his trip.
• Chapter 5
• Peter and...
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)