|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are cuddled upon on the floor by the fire in Poem 11?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 has been busy cleaning the inn?
3. Which character receives emerald green boots in Poem 10?
4. Which character says farewell in Poem 16?
5. What does the cow think "believe" will turn out to be in Poem 9?
Essay Topic 1
The King of Cats offers special presents to his friends that reveal his imaginative nature and how he has stepped from the practical to the magical world. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) What are some examples of gifts he offers? By offering these gifts, what does the King of Cats reveal about himself?
2) How does the King of Cats change from being practical to increasingly mystical in the poem? How does this parallel his relationship with William Blake?
3) The King of Cats also appears more generous and imaginative in his writing. Show 3 examples of this change.
Essay Topic 2
The journey along the Milky Way is symbolic of inner personal growth. Give 3 examples of change that characters experience along this trip.
Essay Topic 3
Both the Marmalade Man are the King of Cats are important characters.
Part 1) Compare the Marmalade Man to the King of Cats. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What metaphorical purpose does the Marmalade Man offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) The Marmalade Man offers to clean the inn. What symbolism is inherent in this act and how does it reveal that the journey is a spiritual one?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)