|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 10 says fools only get things from heaven?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 10 is the only one that is not happy?
3. What is the rhyme form of Poem 11?
4. What is the rhythmic form of Poem 15?
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 holds a telescope and is captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William Blake do after the sunflowers make their request in Poem 8?
2. What is so special about the walk on the Milky Way described in Poem 10?
3. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
4. What is unusual about the tailor's house in Poem 15?
5. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
6. What does Blake say to the fire in Poem 10?
7. What characters do the sunflowers move along with in Poem 8?
8. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
9. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
10. What does the poetic form of Poem 8 achieve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a metaphorical character, the Man in the Marmalade Hat is quite appealing. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) What are some actions or behaviors that he performs that are of greater significance?
2) How does he appeal to the other characters? What emotions does he evoke in them?
3) How does the Man in the Marmalade Hat reveal that he is a peacemaker?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the gifts William Blake gives each of the travelers who accompany him to the Milky Way. Explain what each character does and what the gift represents.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, there are numerous instances of symbolism. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) Provide 3 examples of symbolism in the building of the tailor's house. What do these symbols mean?
2) There are numerous references to the Bible and an ongoing discussion of good versus evil. What are some overt examples?
3) What is the possibility that opens up to the tailor and the Tiger, that helps them overcome their wrongdoings?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)