Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is cold and afraid of losing a thumb in Poem 10?
2. In Poem 11, who is the character that William Blake compliments?
3. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are tired of traveling?
4. What is the symbol for someone who leads in Poem 12?
5. Which object mentioned in Poem 8 is far away and yellow and orange like the sunflowers?
The King of Cats offers special presents to his friends that reveal his imaginative nature and how he has stepped from the practical to the magical world. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) What are some examples of gifts he offers? By offering these gifts, what does the King of Cats reveal about himself?
2) How does the King of Cats change from being practical to increasingly mystical in the poem? How does this parallel his relationship with William Blake?
3) The King of Cats also appears more generous and imaginative in his writing. Show 3 examples of this change.
Write a short essay analyzing the different emotional changes of 3 characters, looking at similar events and how they impact each of them quite differently.
The relationship between the Rabbit and the Cow becomes apparent in one poem.
Part 1) Compare and contrast how each character responds to the different expressions of "make way, room, and believe."
Part 2) Why is the Rabbit concerned about the Marmalade Man and what role does the Rabbit play in leading the travelers?
Part 3) How does the poetic form aid and abet in the play on words?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)