|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rhyme form of Poem 11?
2. Which character in Poem 9 gives the gift of hay?
3. Which two characters are right beside the tiger in Poem 14?
4. What does the cow think "believe" will turn out to be in Poem 9?
5. Which characters mentioned in Poem 16 are bakers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the fire contained in Poem 11?
2. What are some of the unusual and magical gifts the King of Cats sends his friends in Poem 13?
3. Describe the significance of the final scene in the Epilogue.
4. What is a big difference between the rabbit and the cow in Poem 9?
5. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
6. What characters do the sunflowers move along with in Poem 8?
7. What is so special about the walk on the Milky Way described in Poem 10?
8. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
9. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
10. What is unusual about the tailor's house in Poem 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The journey along the Milky Way is symbolic of inner personal growth. Give 3 examples of change that characters experience along this trip.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of taking a spiritual journey versus just a physical one? How does this affect the boy in particular?
Part 1) What is the difference in the journeys of the boy versus the Rat?
Part 2) Describe the boy's experience at the end and how it varies greatly from his arrival. What new friends has he made? What fears has he conquered?
Part 3) Of all the travelers, who gains the most knowledge and understanding from this adventure? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of making amends and forgiveness for wrongdoing that is illustrated in Poem 15, "Blake Tells the Tiger the Tale of the Tailor." What has the Tiger done that requires forgiveness? How does Blake explain the tailor's experience?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)