|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 10 receives golden stars?
2. Which character mentioned during Poem 8 is tired?
3. What is the rhythmic form of Poem 15?
4. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are tired of traveling?
5. Which character receives only a handful of dirt in Poem 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a big difference between the rabbit and the cow in Poem 9?
2. What characters do the sunflowers move along with in Poem 8?
3. Why is the fire contained in Poem 11?
4. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
5. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
6. What is so special about the walk on the Milky Way described in Poem 10?
7. What does William Blake do after the sunflowers make their request in Poem 8?
8. What is special about the dance of the Marmalade Man in Poem 12?
9. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
10. What is unusual about the tailor's house in Poem 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The point of view in the story is generally that of the reader but sometimes shifts to other characters. Give 3 examples of where it shifts and how that affects the telling of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Blake constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with strength. Give 3 examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 3
As a metaphorical character, the Man in the Marmalade Hat is quite appealing. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) What are some actions or behaviors that he performs that are of greater significance?
2) How does he appeal to the other characters? What emotions does he evoke in them?
3) How does the Man in the Marmalade Hat reveal that he is a peacemaker?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)