|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 14 has been stealing?
2. Which object mentioned in Poem 8 is far away and yellow and orange like the sunflowers?
3. Which characters all depart during Poem 16?
4. What is the rhyme scheme employed in Poem 16?
5. Which character wears a new suit of shifting lights in Poem 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the poetic form of Poem 8 achieve?
2. What are the rewards offered in Poem 12?
3. What are some of the unusual and magical gifts the King of Cats sends his friends in Poem 13?
4. What does Blake say to the fire in Poem 10?
5. What does William Blake do after the sunflowers make their request in Poem 8?
6. Why does Blake give the rat iron boots to wear in Poem 10?
7. When the rabbit requests that everyone make way, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
8. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
9. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
10. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the carpet to the Sunflowers? How do the Sunflowers reveal their personalities to Blake?
Essay Topic 2
The relationship between the Rabbit and the Cow becomes apparent in one poem.
Part 1) Compare and contrast how each character responds to the different expressions of "make way, room, and believe."
Part 2) Why is the Rabbit concerned about the Marmalade Man and what role does the Rabbit play in leading the travelers?
Part 3) How does the poetic form aid and abet in the play on words?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the gifts William Blake gives each of the travelers who accompany him to the Milky Way. Explain what each character does and what the gift represents.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)