|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is cold and afraid of losing a thumb in Poem 10?
2. In Poem 11, who is the character that William Blake compliments?
3. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are tired of traveling?
4. What is the symbol for someone who leads in Poem 12?
5. Which object mentioned in Poem 8 is far away and yellow and orange like the sunflowers?
Essay Topic 1
The point of view in the story is generally that of the reader but sometimes shifts to other characters. Give 3 examples of where it shifts and how that affects the telling of the story.
Essay Topic 2
How does the poetic form rime couye reveal the fantasy of the unfolding journey, working with the lights and noise of the physical experience of the Sun and Moon's arrival?
Essay Topic 3
Certain relationships create a good foundation for the story. When Nancy asks her babysitter to tell her a bedtime story, they both interact in a very convincing manner. Describe why this relationship is believable.
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)