|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What household matters does the King of Cats asks his wife about in Poem 13?
2. In Poem 11, who is the character that William Blake compliments?
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 has been busy cleaning the inn?
4. Which character in Poem 10 gives out rewards?
5. In Poem 12, on whose back do the sunflowers balance themselves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing occurs throughout the series of poems, usually indicating the next journey or the arrival of new characters. Give 3 examples and show they describe events or characters that will soon appear.
Essay Topic 2
As a metaphorical character, the Man in the Marmalade Hat is quite appealing. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) What are some actions or behaviors that he performs that are of greater significance?
2) How does he appeal to the other characters? What emotions does he evoke in them?
3) How does the Man in the Marmalade Hat reveal that he is a peacemaker?
Essay Topic 3
Certain relationships create a good foundation for the story. When Nancy asks her babysitter to tell her a bedtime story, they both interact in a very convincing manner. Describe why this relationship is believable.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)