|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is cold and afraid of losing a thumb in Poem 10?
2. In Poem 11, who is the character that William Blake compliments?
3. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are tired of traveling?
4. What is the symbol for someone who leads in Poem 12?
5. Which object mentioned in Poem 8 is far away and yellow and orange like the sunflowers?
Essay Topic 1
How does the poetic form rime couye reveal the fantasy of the unfolding journey, working with the lights and noise of the physical experience of the Sun and Moon's arrival?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the carpet to the Sunflowers? How do the Sunflowers reveal their personalities to Blake?
Essay Topic 3
The Marmalade Man motivates the other characters to make amends, become friends again, and to dance.
Part 1) The Marmalade Man is similar to the Pied Piper in getting people to follow him when he plays the flute. How is he different? What is his goal?
Part 2) What would happen if the Marmalade Man did not exist? Show how his presence has a direct and good influence on the characters.
Part 3) When the Marmalade Man calls himself a needle, he symbolically is leading the people. How is his leadership different from that of the Rabbit?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)