Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is cold and afraid of losing a thumb in Poem 10?
2. In Poem 11, who is the character that William Blake compliments?
3. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are tired of traveling?
4. What is the symbol for someone who leads in Poem 12?
5. Which object mentioned in Poem 8 is far away and yellow and orange like the sunflowers?
Essay Topic 1
Blake constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with strength. Give 3 examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 2
As a metaphorical character, the Man in the Marmalade Hat is quite appealing. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) What are some actions or behaviors that he performs that are of greater significance?
2) How does he appeal to the other characters? What emotions does he evoke in them?
3) How does the Man in the Marmalade Hat reveal that he is a peacemaker?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the carpet to the Sunflowers? How do the Sunflowers reveal their personalities to Blake?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)