|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 loves puns?
2. Which animals does the tiger feel he must sleep by in Poem 14?
3. Which characters mentioned in Poem 16 are bakers?
4. In line one of Poem 13, what does the King of Cats tell his wife to do?
5. In Poem 10, what characters does William Blake lead on a walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the tailor's house in Poem 15?
2. What does the poetic form of Poem 8 achieve?
3. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
4. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
5. Describe the significance of the final scene in the Epilogue.
6. Why does Blake give the rat iron boots to wear in Poem 10?
7. What are the rewards offered in Poem 12?
8. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
9. What characters do the sunflowers move along with in Poem 8?
10. What is so special about the walk on the Milky Way described in Poem 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Rabbit and the Tiger are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that the rabbit had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Tiger had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
The journey along the Milky Way is symbolic of inner personal growth. Give 3 examples of change that characters experience along this trip.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character that the boy initially fears but then grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)