|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character that drinks tea with William Blake in Poem 13?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 has been busy cleaning the inn?
3. Which character has been pilfering food from William Blake in Poem 15?
4. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are woven into the carpet?
5. Who is the main character of Poem 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
2. What is unusual about the tailor's house in Poem 15?
3. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
4. What does Blake say to the fire in Poem 10?
5. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
6. Why does Blake give the rat iron boots to wear in Poem 10?
7. Why is the fire contained in Poem 11?
8. What does Blake urge his readers to do in the Epilogue?
9. Why would the lion lie down beside a bear, rabbit, sheep, and bird in Poem 14?
10. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a metaphorical character, the Man in the Marmalade Hat is quite appealing. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) What are some actions or behaviors that he performs that are of greater significance?
2) How does he appeal to the other characters? What emotions does he evoke in them?
3) How does the Man in the Marmalade Hat reveal that he is a peacemaker?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the gifts William Blake gives each of the travelers who accompany him to the Milky Way. Explain what each character does and what the gift represents.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the carpet to the Sunflowers? How do the Sunflowers reveal their personalities to Blake?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)