|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only area that stays warm despite the cold wind in Poem 11?
2. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are tired of traveling?
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 8 has reddish hair?
4. What happens in Poem 12 when the fighting ends?
5. By making believe in Poem 9, what can people do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
2. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
3. What does William Blake do after the sunflowers make their request in Poem 8?
4. Why does Blake give the rat iron boots to wear in Poem 10?
5. What is special about the dance of the Marmalade Man in Poem 12?
6. What is unusual about the tailor's house in Poem 15?
7. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
8. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
9. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
10. Why is the fire contained in Poem 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the gifts William Blake gives each of the travelers who accompany him to the Milky Way. Explain what each character does and what the gift represents.
Essay Topic 2
The point of view in the story is generally that of the reader but sometimes shifts to other characters. Give 3 examples of where it shifts and how that affects the telling of the story.
Essay Topic 3
The Rabbit and the Tiger are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that the rabbit had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Tiger had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)