|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 10 is the only one that is not happy?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 might take a nap like a field mouse in hay?
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 10 receives golden stars?
4. Which character mentioned in Poem 8 has reddish hair?
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 10 receives silver stars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blake constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with strength. Give 3 examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the gifts William Blake gives each of the travelers who accompany him to the Milky Way. Explain what each character does and what the gift represents.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, there are numerous instances of symbolism. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) Provide 3 examples of symbolism in the building of the tailor's house. What do these symbols mean?
2) There are numerous references to the Bible and an ongoing discussion of good versus evil. What are some overt examples?
3) What is the possibility that opens up to the tailor and the Tiger, that helps them overcome their wrongdoings?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)