|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character twirls on her toes in Poem 4?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 offers the cow bread and butter?
3. What is the object mentioned in Poem 7 that shines from above?
4. In the Introduction, who explains how the book was born?
5. What object lies at the top of the tower in Poem 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the tiger and boy afraid in Poem 4?
2. What is below the cow in the sky in Poem 7?
3. What does the Frontispiece accomplish?
4. How does the bear comfort the boy in Poem 3?
5. What is different about the dragons?
6. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
7. What happens outside the inn when it snows?
8. What is the relationship between Nancy and Miss Pratt?
9. What is the inscription in the book of poems mentioned in the Introduction?
10. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the gifts William Blake gives each of the travelers who accompany him to the Milky Way. Explain what each character does and what the gift represents.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing occurs throughout the series of poems, usually indicating the next journey or the arrival of new characters. Give 3 examples and show they describe events or characters that will soon appear.
Essay Topic 3
The journey along the Milky Way is symbolic of inner personal growth. Give 3 examples of change that characters experience along this trip.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)