|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspects of the characters is displayed in the illustration of Poem 2?
2. Which character smiles in the illustration at the reader in Poem 5?
3. How wide does the carriage mentioned in Poem 2 become?
4. How does the Frontispiece differ from the other poems?
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 stands on gossamer white clouds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
2. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
3. What do the little children do when the Man in the Marmalade Hat arrives in Poem 5?
4. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
5. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
6. What kind of journey does the boy embark upon in the Frontispiece?
7. Is the boy comforted during Poem 3?
8. What does Poem 7 achieve for the reader?
9. What is the relationship between Nancy and Miss Pratt?
10. Why does Blake enjoy the company of the Man in the Marmalade Hat in Poem 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, there are numerous instances of symbolism. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) Provide 3 examples of symbolism in the building of the tailor's house. What do these symbols mean?
2) There are numerous references to the Bible and an ongoing discussion of good versus evil. What are some overt examples?
3) What is the possibility that opens up to the tailor and the Tiger, that helps them overcome their wrongdoings?
Essay Topic 2
The Rabbit and the Tiger are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that the rabbit had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Tiger had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
The Sunflowers display a restless character. What action taken by Blake enables them to feel more free? Why do they desire to move? How is this event allegorical?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)