|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of the year does the Man in the Marmalade Hat appear in Poem 5?
2. How does the Frontispiece differ from the other poems?
3. Which character is still snoozing during all the activity of Poem 5?
4. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
5. Which character wakes up during Poem 4 and wants to know what the rumbling sound is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the little children do when the Man in the Marmalade Hat arrives in Poem 5?
2. Why is the inn so appealing to travelers?
3. What are some of the unusual and magical gifts the King of Cats sends his friends in Poem 13?
4. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
5. What does Blake urge his readers to do in the Epilogue?
6. What aspect of the Frontispiece's story appears out of this world?
7. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
8. What is special about the dance of the Marmalade Man in Poem 12?
9. Why does the man in the marmalade hat bring the bottle of starch in Poem 5?
10. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
Essay Topic 1
The journey along the Milky Way is symbolic of inner personal growth. Give 3 examples of change that characters experience along this trip.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that the boy initially fears but then grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the carpet to the Sunflowers? How do the Sunflowers reveal their personalities to Blake?
This section contains 1,547 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)