|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the Introduction had measles at seven?
2. Which object mentioned in Poem 2 obligingly shrinks flat?
3. Which character ultimately reassures the boy in Poem 3?
4. In Poem 6, what does the main character's breakfast consist of?
5. What is the destination of the exciting journey involving fantasy characters in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is below the cow in the sky in Poem 7?
2. What does Poem 7 achieve for the reader?
3. What is special about the poetic form employed in Poem 4?
4. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
5. Who does the King of Cats compare himself to in Poem 6 and why?
6. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
7. What happens outside the inn when it snows?
8. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
9. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
10. What special features does the car described in Poem 2 have on the outside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the carpet to the Sunflowers? How do the Sunflowers reveal their personalities to Blake?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short essay analyzing the different emotional changes of 3 characters, looking at similar events and how they impact each of them quite differently.
Essay Topic 3
Both the Marmalade Man are the King of Cats are important characters.
Part 1) Compare the Marmalade Man to the King of Cats. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What metaphorical purpose does the Marmalade Man offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) The Marmalade Man offers to clean the inn. What symbolism is inherent in this act and how does it reveal that the journey is a spiritual one?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)