|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which object mentioned in Poem 7 is below the clouds?
2. Which character do people confuse the King of Cats with during Poem 6?
3. Which characters mentioned during Poem 4 are busy working on another poem?
4. Which object mentioned in Poem 2 obligingly shrinks flat?
5. Which two characters mentioned in Poem 4 are dancing and singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Nancy and Miss Pratt?
2. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
3. What is below the cow in the sky in Poem 7?
4. How does the bear comfort the boy in Poem 3?
5. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
6. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
7. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
8. Why are the tiger and boy afraid in Poem 4?
9. Describe the little boy's appearance in the Frontispiece.
10. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the carpet to the Sunflowers? How do the Sunflowers reveal their personalities to Blake?
Essay Topic 2
Blake constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with strength. Give 3 examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of taking a spiritual journey versus just a physical one? How does this affect the boy in particular?
Part 1) What is the difference in the journeys of the boy versus the Rat?
Part 2) Describe the boy's experience at the end and how it varies greatly from his arrival. What new friends has he made? What fears has he conquered?
Part 3) Of all the travelers, who gains the most knowledge and understanding from this adventure? Why?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)