Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
2. What does the boy's friend tell him will be as soft as hay in Poem 3?
3. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
4. Which characters mentioned during Poem 4 are busy working on another poem?
5. Which character signs the dedication on the title page in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
2. What is a big difference between the rabbit and the cow in Poem 9?
3. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
4. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
5. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
6. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
7. Describe the little boy's appearance in the Frontispiece.
8. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
9. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
10. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the gifts William Blake gives each of the travelers who accompany him to the Milky Way. Explain what each character does and what the gift represents.
Essay Topic 2
Certain relationships create a good foundation for the story. When Nancy asks her babysitter to tell her a bedtime story, they both interact in a very convincing manner. Describe why this relationship is believable.
Essay Topic 3
The point of view in the story is generally that of the reader but sometimes shifts to other characters. Give 3 examples of where it shifts and how that affects the telling of the story.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)