Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
2. What does the boy's friend tell him will be as soft as hay in Poem 3?
3. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
4. Which characters mentioned during Poem 4 are busy working on another poem?
5. Which character signs the dedication on the title page in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
2. What is a big difference between the rabbit and the cow in Poem 9?
3. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
4. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
5. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
6. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
7. Describe the little boy's appearance in the Frontispiece.
8. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
9. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
10. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character that the boy initially fears but then grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing occurs throughout the series of poems, usually indicating the next journey or the arrival of new characters. Give 3 examples and show they describe events or characters that will soon appear.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of taking a spiritual journey versus just a physical one? How does this affect the boy in particular?
Part 1) What is the difference in the journeys of the boy versus the Rat?
Part 2) Describe the boy's experience at the end and how it varies greatly from his arrival. What new friends has he made? What fears has he conquered?
Part 3) Of all the travelers, who gains the most knowledge and understanding from this adventure? Why?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)