|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
2. What does the boy's friend tell him will be as soft as hay in Poem 3?
3. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
4. Which characters mentioned during Poem 4 are busy working on another poem?
5. Which character signs the dedication on the title page in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
2. What is a big difference between the rabbit and the cow in Poem 9?
3. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
4. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
5. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
6. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
7. Describe the little boy's appearance in the Frontispiece.
8. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
9. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
10. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
Essay Topic 1
As a metaphorical character, the Man in the Marmalade Hat is quite appealing. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) What are some actions or behaviors that he performs that are of greater significance?
2) How does he appeal to the other characters? What emotions does he evoke in them?
3) How does the Man in the Marmalade Hat reveal that he is a peacemaker?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of taking a spiritual journey versus just a physical one? How does this affect the boy in particular?
Part 1) What is the difference in the journeys of the boy versus the Rat?
Part 2) Describe the boy's experience at the end and how it varies greatly from his arrival. What new friends has he made? What fears has he conquered?
Part 3) Of all the travelers, who gains the most knowledge and understanding from this adventure? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The Rabbit and the Tiger are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that the rabbit had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Tiger had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 1,620 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)