Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
2. What does the boy's friend tell him will be as soft as hay in Poem 3?
3. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
4. Which characters mentioned during Poem 4 are busy working on another poem?
5. Which character signs the dedication on the title page in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
2. What is a big difference between the rabbit and the cow in Poem 9?
3. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
4. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
5. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
6. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
7. Describe the little boy's appearance in the Frontispiece.
8. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
9. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
10. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character that the boy initially fears but then grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 2
The relationship between the Rabbit and the Cow becomes apparent in one poem.
Part 1) Compare and contrast how each character responds to the different expressions of "make way, room, and believe."
Part 2) Why is the Rabbit concerned about the Marmalade Man and what role does the Rabbit play in leading the travelers?
Part 3) How does the poetic form aid and abet in the play on words?
Essay Topic 3
As a metaphorical character, the Man in the Marmalade Hat is quite appealing. Choose one of the 3 options below to write about.
1) What are some actions or behaviors that he performs that are of greater significance?
2) How does he appeal to the other characters? What emotions does he evoke in them?
3) How does the Man in the Marmalade Hat reveal that he is a peacemaker?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)