|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which creature mentioned in Poem 3 speaks in italics?
2. What is the illustration mentioned in Poem 7?
3. When asked if the other characters are coming, which character in the Frontispiece replies "soon"?
4. What is the traveler carrying?
5. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the King of Cats compare himself to in Poem 6 and why?
2. Why does the man in the marmalade hat bring the bottle of starch in Poem 5?
3. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
4. What do the little children do when the Man in the Marmalade Hat arrives in Poem 5?
5. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
6. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
7. Is the boy comforted during Poem 3?
8. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
9. What special features does the car described in Poem 2 have on the outside?
10. What is different about the dragons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between the Rabbit and the Cow becomes apparent in one poem.
Part 1) Compare and contrast how each character responds to the different expressions of "make way, room, and believe."
Part 2) Why is the Rabbit concerned about the Marmalade Man and what role does the Rabbit play in leading the travelers?
Part 3) How does the poetic form aid and abet in the play on words?
Essay Topic 2
The journey along the Milky Way is symbolic of inner personal growth. Give 3 examples of change that characters experience along this trip.
Essay Topic 3
Blake constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with strength. Give 3 examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)