|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters mentioned during Poem 6 sleep in the upper regions of the house?
2. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
3. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
4. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
5. What is the object mentioned in Poem 7 that shines from above?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blake urge his readers to do in the Epilogue?
2. What is the inscription in the book of poems mentioned in the Introduction?
3. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
4. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
5. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
6. Why are the tiger and boy afraid in Poem 4?
7. What does Poem 7 achieve for the reader?
8. Who does the King of Cats compare himself to in Poem 6 and why?
9. What special features does the car described in Poem 2 have on the outside?
10. What characters do the sunflowers move along with in Poem 8?
Essay Topic 1
The Rabbit and the Tiger are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that the rabbit had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Tiger had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
The Marmalade Man motivates the other characters to make amends, become friends again, and to dance.
Part 1) The Marmalade Man is similar to the Pied Piper in getting people to follow him when he plays the flute. How is he different? What is his goal?
Part 2) What would happen if the Marmalade Man did not exist? Show how his presence has a direct and good influence on the characters.
Part 3) When the Marmalade Man calls himself a needle, he symbolically is leading the people. How is his leadership different from that of the Rabbit?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the carpet to the Sunflowers? How do the Sunflowers reveal their personalities to Blake?
This section contains 1,528 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)