|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character that the sunflowers talk to in Poem 8?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The boy.
(c) The Moon.
(d) William Blake.
2. What is the rhyme form of Poem 11?
3. What object mentioned in Poem 8 contains the roots of the sunflowers?
(a) The carpet.
(b) The wall.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The grass.
4. Which character mentioned in Poem 8 has reddish hair?
(a) The girl.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The boy.
(d) The rabbit.
5. Which character receives only a handful of dirt in Poem 10?
(a) The rat.
(b) The tiger.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the tiger ask William Blake for a story in Poem 14?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 14 has a childlike faith?
3. During Poem 10, what does staying awake symbolize?
4. What is the rhythmic form of Poem 15?
5. What is the rhyme scheme employed in Poem 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about the dance of the Marmalade Man in Poem 12?
2. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
3. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
4. Describe the significance of the final scene in the Epilogue.
5. What does Blake say to the fire in Poem 10?
6. What are the rewards offered in Poem 12?
7. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
8. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
9. What is a big difference between the rabbit and the cow in Poem 9?
10. Describe tasks the King of Cats gives his wife in Poem 13.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)