|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 loves puns?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The cow.
(c) The boy.
(d) The Marmalade Man.
2. Who is the main character of Poem 9?
(a) The cow.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The Marmalade Man.
(d) The rabbit.
3. What does the cow think "believe" will turn out to be in Poem 9?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A boat with feet and fins.
(c) A moat.
(d) A castle.
4. Which character has been pilfering food from William Blake in Poem 15?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The tailor.
(c) The boy.
(d) The tailor's wife.
5. From what objects does green light emanate in Poem 10?
(a) The gloves.
(b) The shoes.
(c) The dirt.
(d) The stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem 8, what is the object that the sunflowers track the movement of?
2. How does Stanza 3 of Poem 13 differ from the other stanzas?
3. In Poem 10, what characters does William Blake lead on a walk?
4. What place is called the holy hill in Poem 16?
5. Who is the character that drinks tea with William Blake in Poem 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blake say to the fire in Poem 10?
2. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
3. What are some of the unusual and magical gifts the King of Cats sends his friends in Poem 13?
4. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
5. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
6. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
7. What are the rewards offered in Poem 12?
8. Why would the lion lie down beside a bear, rabbit, sheep, and bird in Poem 14?
9. When the rabbit requests that everyone make way, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
10. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)