|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 is literal?
(a) The sunflower.
(b) The cow.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) William Blake.
2. Which character has been pilfering food from William Blake in Poem 15?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The tailor.
(c) The tailor's wife.
(d) The boy.
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 8 shines with dew?
(a) The sunflower.
(b) The grass.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The rabbit.
4. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 will guide the travelers on their voyage?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) The boy.
(d) The Marmalade Man.
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 8 talks to William Blake?
(a) The boy.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The sunflower.
(d) The Sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What household matters does the King of Cats asks his wife about in Poem 13?
2. What happens in Poem 12 when the fighting ends?
3. What is the only area that stays warm despite the cold wind in Poem 11?
4. In Poem 9, typically, who are the characters that typically receive the phrase "make way" when they arrive?
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 10 receives golden stars?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe tasks the King of Cats gives his wife in Poem 13.
2. What is special about the dance of the Marmalade Man in Poem 12?
3. What is so special about the walk on the Milky Way described in Poem 10?
4. What are some of the unusual and magical gifts the King of Cats sends his friends in Poem 13?
5. What does Blake say to the fire in Poem 10?
6. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
7. Why would the lion lie down beside a bear, rabbit, sheep, and bird in Poem 14?
8. Why does Blake give the rat iron boots to wear in Poem 10?
9. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
10. What are the rewards offered in Poem 12?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)