|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has been pilfering food from William Blake in Poem 15?
(a) The tailor.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The boy.
(d) The tailor's wife.
2. In line one of Poem 13, what does the King of Cats tell his wife to do?
(a) Clean the house.
(b) Feed the mice.
(c) Keep her whiskers clean and sharp.
(d) Wait for him.
3. Which two characters are right beside the tiger in Poem 14?
(a) A lamb and rat.
(b) A bird and goat.
(c) A mouse and cat.
(d) A rabbit and cat.
4. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 will guide the travelers on their voyage?
(a) The boy.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The Marmalade Man.
5. Which animals does the tiger feel he must sleep by in Poem 14?
(a) Bear, lamb, rabbit, and rat.
(b) Rabbit, rat, cat, and mouse.
(c) Bear, rabbit, bird, and sheep.
(d) Lamb, rabbit, rat, and cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ballad form of Poem 8?
2. How does Stanza 3 of Poem 13 differ from the other stanzas?
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 is literal?
4. Which character receives emerald green boots in Poem 10?
5. In Poem 12, on whose back do the sunflowers balance themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
2. Why would the lion lie down beside a bear, rabbit, sheep, and bird in Poem 14?
3. Why does Blake give the rat iron boots to wear in Poem 10?
4. What does the poetic form of Poem 8 achieve?
5. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
6. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
7. Describe the significance of the final scene in the Epilogue.
8. What is so special about the walk on the Milky Way described in Poem 10?
9. What characters do the sunflowers move along with in Poem 8?
10. Why is the fire contained in Poem 11?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)