|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which object mentioned in Poem 8 is far away and yellow and orange like the sunflowers?
(a) The King of Cats.
(b) The tortoise.
(c) The city.
(d) The tiger.
2. Which character notices that stars are falling in Poem 10?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) The boy.
(d) The cat.
3. In Poem 9, typically, who are the characters that typically receive the phrase "make way" when they arrive?
(a) The rich and the royalty.
(b) The children.
(c) William Blake and his dragons.
(d) The Sun and the Moon.
4. Which character wears a new suit of shifting lights in Poem 15?
(a) The tailor.
(b) The boy.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The tiger.
5. Through what does the Marmalade Man asks the other characters to follow him in Poem 12?
(a) Mist and maze.
(b) The Milky Way.
(c) The valley.
(d) The moat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the tiger ask William Blake for a story in Poem 14?
2. What happens in Poem 12 when the fighting ends?
3. What are the materials used by the tailor to build a house in Poem 15?
4. What is the gift that the King of Cats sends to the cat who winds the clocks in Poem 13?
5. By making believe in Poem 9, what can people do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the fire contained in Poem 11?
2. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
3. What is so special about the walk on the Milky Way described in Poem 10?
4. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
5. What does the poetic form of Poem 8 achieve?
6. What characters do the sunflowers move along with in Poem 8?
7. What are some of the unusual and magical gifts the King of Cats sends his friends in Poem 13?
8. When the rabbit requests that everyone make way, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
9. Why does Blake give the rat iron boots to wear in Poem 10?
10. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)