|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rhyme scheme employed in Poem 16?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 8 shines with dew?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The grass.
(d) The sunflower.
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 8 has reddish hair?
(a) The boy.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) The girl.
(d) William Blake.
4. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are woven into the carpet?
(a) Topaz tortoises.
(b) The Sun and Moon.
(c) The sunflowers.
(d) The boy and the rabbit.
5. In Poem 9, typically, who are the characters that typically receive the phrase "make way" when they arrive?
(a) The rich and the royalty.
(b) The Sun and the Moon.
(c) William Blake and his dragons.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what objects does green light emanate in Poem 10?
2. Who is the character that the sunflowers talk to in Poem 8?
3. Which character notices that stars are falling in Poem 10?
4. Which poetic form employed in Poem 8 is slower than the iambic form?
5. Which character is cold and afraid of losing a thumb in Poem 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
2. Why would the lion lie down beside a bear, rabbit, sheep, and bird in Poem 14?
3. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
4. What does the poetic form of Poem 8 achieve?
5. Describe tasks the King of Cats gives his wife in Poem 13.
6. What is a big difference between the rabbit and the cow in Poem 9?
7. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
8. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
9. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
10. What does Blake say to the fire in Poem 10?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)