|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of Poem 9?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The Marmalade Man.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The cow.
2. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are woven into the carpet?
(a) The Sun and Moon.
(b) Topaz tortoises.
(c) The boy and the rabbit.
(d) The sunflowers.
3. Through what does the Marmalade Man asks the other characters to follow him in Poem 12?
(a) The valley.
(b) The moat.
(c) The Milky Way.
(d) Mist and maze.
4. What is the gift that the King of Cats sends to the cat who winds the clocks in Poem 13?
(a) A magical car.
(b) A thousand sunsets.
(c) A wrench.
(d) Mice to eat.
5. What household matters does the King of Cats asks his wife about in Poem 13?
(a) Repairing the roof.
(b) The growing catnip and patching the garden wall.
(c) Chasing the tabbies.
(d) Cleaning and scrubbing the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are tired of traveling?
2. Which character mentioned during Poem 8 is tired?
3. What character mentioned in Poem 11 is a handsome creature?
4. What happens in Poem 12 when the fighting ends?
5. What object was captured by the tailor using a trap of lime and twigs in Poem 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would the lion lie down beside a bear, rabbit, sheep, and bird in Poem 14?
2. What does the poetic form of Poem 8 achieve?
3. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
4. What is special about the dance of the Marmalade Man in Poem 12?
5. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
6. What is unusual about the tailor's house in Poem 15?
7. What are some of the unusual and magical gifts the King of Cats sends his friends in Poem 13?
8. What does Blake urge his readers to do in the Epilogue?
9. What does William Blake do after the sunflowers make their request in Poem 8?
10. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)