|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character receives only a handful of dirt in Poem 10?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The cat.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The rat.
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 loves puns?
(a) The boy.
(b) The Marmalade Man.
(c) The cow.
(d) The rabbit.
3. What is the symbol for someone who leads in Poem 12?
(a) The needle.
(b) The hat.
(c) The star.
(d) The sunflower.
4. Which animals does the tiger feel he must sleep by in Poem 14?
(a) Rabbit, rat, cat, and mouse.
(b) Bear, rabbit, bird, and sheep.
(c) Bear, lamb, rabbit, and rat.
(d) Lamb, rabbit, rat, and cat.
5. Which character in Poem 10 gives out rewards?
(a) The cat.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The boy.
(d) William Blake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character weaves weather on a loom in Poem 9?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 8 shines with dew?
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 has been busy cleaning the inn?
4. Which characters mentioned in Poem 16 are bakers?
5. From what objects does green light emanate in Poem 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the tailor's house in Poem 15?
2. What are the rewards offered in Poem 12?
3. Describe the significance of the final scene in the Epilogue.
4. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
5. What are some of the unusual and magical gifts the King of Cats sends his friends in Poem 13?
6. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
7. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
8. What does Blake urge his readers to do in the Epilogue?
9. What is a big difference between the rabbit and the cow in Poem 9?
10. What does Blake say to the fire in Poem 10?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)