|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rhythmic form of Poem 15?
(a) Iambic quadrameter in ABBA form.
(b) Iambic hexameter in AABB form.
(c) Iambic hexameter in ABBA form.
(d) Iambic quadrameter in AABB form.
2. What object was captured by the tailor using a trap of lime and twigs in Poem 15?
(a) Robin's wings.
(b) Bat's wool.
(c) Snail's feet.
(d) Mouse fur.
3. Which poetic form employed in Poem 8 is slower than the iambic form?
4. Which character mentioned in Poem 10 is the only one that is not happy?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The boy.
(c) The cat.
(d) The rat.
5. Which object mentioned in Poem 8 is far away and yellow and orange like the sunflowers?
(a) The tortoise.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The King of Cats.
(d) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters have to make amends in Poem 12?
2. Which two characters are right beside the tiger in Poem 14?
3. How does Stanza 3 of Poem 13 differ from the other stanzas?
4. What are the materials used by the tailor to build a house in Poem 15?
5. By making believe in Poem 9, what can people do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
2. What does Blake urge his readers to do in the Epilogue?
3. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
4. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
5. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
6. Why does Blake give the rat iron boots to wear in Poem 10?
7. What are some of the unusual and magical gifts the King of Cats sends his friends in Poem 13?
8. What are the rewards offered in Poem 12?
9. What does William Blake do after the sunflowers make their request in Poem 8?
10. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)