|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cow think "believe" will turn out to be in Poem 9?
(a) A boat with feet and fins.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A moat.
(d) A castle.
2. Which character weaves weather on a loom in Poem 9?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The cow.
(c) The Marmalade Man.
(d) William Blake.
3. In Poem 10, what characters does William Blake lead on a walk?
(a) Boy, rat, cow, and Marmalade Man.
(b) Rabbit, cow, tiger, boy, and cat.
(c) Tiger, rabbit, and Moon.
(d) Rabbit, cat, tiger, boy, and rat.
4. What is the rare rhythmic form employed in Poem 14?
5. Which character in Poem 9 gives the gift of hay?
(a) The Marmalade Man.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) The cow.
(d) William Blake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 has been busy cleaning the inn?
2. What object was captured by the tailor using a trap of lime and twigs in Poem 15?
3. Which character in Poem 10 gives out rewards?
4. How does Stanza 3 of Poem 13 differ from the other stanzas?
5. What is the symbol for someone who leads in Poem 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
2. What are the rewards offered in Poem 12?
3. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
4. What are some of the unusual and magical gifts the King of Cats sends his friends in Poem 13?
5. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
6. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
7. What does the poetic form of Poem 8 achieve?
8. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
9. Why would the lion lie down beside a bear, rabbit, sheep, and bird in Poem 14?
10. What does Blake say to the fire in Poem 10?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)