|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What household matters does the King of Cats asks his wife about in Poem 13?
(a) Cleaning and scrubbing the house.
(b) Chasing the tabbies.
(c) The growing catnip and patching the garden wall.
(d) Repairing the roof.
2. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are tired of traveling?
(a) The sunflowers.
(b) The Moon and Sun.
(c) The girls.
(d) The boy and the rabbit.
3. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are woven into the carpet?
(a) The sunflowers.
(b) The boy and the rabbit.
(c) Topaz tortoises.
(d) The Sun and Moon.
4. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 loves puns?
(a) The Marmalade Man.
(b) The cow.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The boy.
5. Why does the tiger ask William Blake for a story in Poem 14?
(a) To get hungry.
(b) To restore his health.
(c) To fall asleep.
(d) To ease his anxieties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gift that the King of Cats sends to the cat who winds the clocks in Poem 13?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 is literal?
3. From what objects does green light emanate in Poem 10?
4. Through what does the Marmalade Man asks the other characters to follow him in Poem 12?
5. What is the symbol for someone who leads in Poem 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
2. What are the rewards offered in Poem 12?
3. What is special about the dance of the Marmalade Man in Poem 12?
4. What does Blake urge his readers to do in the Epilogue?
5. Why would the lion lie down beside a bear, rabbit, sheep, and bird in Poem 14?
6. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
7. Describe tasks the King of Cats gives his wife in Poem 13.
8. What is the lesson contained in Poem 15?
9. Why does Blake give the rat iron boots to wear in Poem 10?
10. What does the poetic form of Poem 8 achieve?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)