|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters are cuddled upon on the floor by the fire in Poem 11?
(a) The travelers.
(b) The dragons.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Blake.
(d) The sunflowers.
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 is literal?
(a) The sunflower.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The cow.
3. Who is the main character of Poem 9?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The Marmalade Man.
(c) The cow.
(d) The rabbit.
4. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 holds a telescope and is captain?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The boy.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The Marmalade Man.
5. What is the symbol for someone who leads in Poem 12?
(a) The hat.
(b) The sunflower.
(c) The star.
(d) The needle.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what objects does green light emanate in Poem 10?
2. Through what does the Marmalade Man asks the other characters to follow him in Poem 12?
3. What happens in Poem 12 when the fighting ends?
4. Which character has been pilfering food from William Blake in Poem 15?
5. Which character says farewell in Poem 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the fire contained in Poem 11?
2. What does William Blake do after the sunflowers make their request in Poem 8?
3. When the rabbit requests that everyone make room, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
4. What is special about the dance of the Marmalade Man in Poem 12?
5. Describe the significance of the final scene in the Epilogue.
6. How is the experience different for the rabbit compared to the cat in Poem 10?
7. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
8. Why does Blake give the rat iron boots to wear in Poem 10?
9. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
10. Describe tasks the King of Cats gives his wife in Poem 13.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)