|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters gaze out from another tower in Poem 6?
(a) Two sunflowers.
(b) Two rabbits.
(c) Two moles.
(d) Two thrushes.
2. Which character smiles in the illustration at the reader in Poem 5?
(a) The little girl.
(b) The boy.
(c) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
(d) The raccoon.
3. Which character is the anchor who comforts the other characters mentioned during Poem 4?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The boy.
(d) The rabbit.
4. How many verses does Poem 1 contain and what is the rhyming pattern?
(a) Four verses with iambic pentameter.
(b) Three verses with iambic pentameter.
(c) Four verses with iambic quadrameter.
(d) Three verses with iambic quadrameter.
5. Which object mentioned in Poem 7 is below the clouds?
(a) The table.
(b) The boy.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character's midnight snack in Poem 6?
2. Who are the characters in Poem 1 that make snowmen?
3. Which character mentioned during the Introduction died two hundred years ago?
4. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
5. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspect of the Frontispiece's story appears out of this world?
2. What do the little children do when the Man in the Marmalade Hat arrives in Poem 5?
3. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
4. Describe Nancy Willard as a child.
5. What does the Frontispiece accomplish?
6. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
7. Describe the driver mentioned in Poem 2.
8. Why are the tiger and boy afraid in Poem 4?
9. What is the Basilisk mentioned in Poem 6?
10. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)