|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boy is homesick, what does he wish for during Poem 3?
(a) His teddy bear.
(b) The comforts of home.
(c) His friend.
(d) His parents.
2. Who are the characters in Poem 1 that make snowmen?
3. What is Blake's role in the illustration for Poem 2?
4. Which character is still snoozing during all the activity of Poem 5?
(a) The hedgehog.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The raccoon.
(d) The boy.
5. What objects are missing in the room described in Poem 3?
(a) A boy and a pillow.
(b) A clock and lock.
(c) A cat and a door.
(d) A bed and a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character carries dishes in Poem 6?
2. In the Frontispiece, who is having a conversation?
3. What kind of a journey is the traveler embarking upon?
4. Which characters play gongs and drums during Poem 5?
5. In what lines of stanzas 1 and 2 of Poem 1 does the poem literally sing itself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Poem 7 achieve for the reader?
2. What is the whimsical event that occurs during Poem 7?
3. Why does Blake enjoy the company of the Man in the Marmalade Hat in Poem 5?
4. Describe tasks the King of Cats gives his wife in Poem 13.
5. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
6. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
7. What is special about the poetic form employed in Poem 4?
8. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
9. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
10. Why does the tiger confess in Poem 14?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)