|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are dressed in tails in Poem 5?
(a) The raccoon and the hedgehog.
(b) The two children.
(c) The rabbit and the tiger.
(d) The Man in the Marmalade Hat and William Blake.
2. What is the poetic form of Poem 3?
(a) Anapestic rhythm of a limerick.
(b) Dactylic hexameter of a sonnet.
(c) Dactylic hexameter of a limerick.
(d) Chastushka rhythm of a sonnet.
3. How many verses does Poem 1 contain and what is the rhyming pattern?
(a) Four verses with iambic pentameter.
(b) Three verses with iambic quadrameter.
(c) Four verses with iambic quadrameter.
(d) Three verses with iambic pentameter.
4. Who are the characters in Poem 1 that make snowmen?
5. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
(a) A sleeping bag and tent.
(b) A clock, a lock, a lamp, and an hourglass.
(c) A glass of milk and cookies.
(d) A pillow, a bed, a blanket, and a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which object is always present in Poem 7?
2. Who are the characters that appear in the third stanza of Poem 1?
3. What is the poetic form of verse employed in Poem 5?
4. What is accomplished by removing capitals and having simple, exact rhymes in Poem 2?
5. Which character in the Introduction is Nancy curious about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
2. What aspect of the Frontispiece's story appears out of this world?
3. What is special about the poetic form employed in Poem 4?
4. What is the relationship between Nancy and Miss Pratt?
5. Describe the little boy's appearance in the Frontispiece.
6. What is below the cow in the sky in Poem 7?
7. What is the Basilisk mentioned in Poem 6?
8. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
9. Describe Nancy Willard as a child.
10. What kind of form does Poem 1 have?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)