|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 asks the cow how it slept?
(a) The girl.
(b) The questioner.
(c) The boy.
(d) The Moon.
2. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
(a) A muffin.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A scone.
(d) A star.
3. In Poem 1, what actions are the dragons responsible for?
(a) Cooking and baking.
(b) Guarding the inn.
(d) Chasing away children.
4. Which character in Poem 5 is happy to see the the Man in the Marmalade Hat?
(a) The boy.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The tiger.
5. Which character in the Introduction wonders what is real and what is not when staring at the ceiling?
(a) Miss Pratt.
(c) Nancy Willard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the traveler carrying?
2. What character carries dishes in Poem 6?
3. Which character ultimately reassures the boy in Poem 3?
4. In what lines of stanzas 1 and 2 of Poem 1 does the poem literally sing itself?
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 stands on gossamer white clouds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the King of Cats compare himself to in Poem 6 and why?
2. What does the scene for the meal in Poem 6 consist of and where does it take place?
3. What is different about the dragons?
4. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
5. What is the relationship between Nancy and Miss Pratt?
6. Why does Blake enjoy the company of the Man in the Marmalade Hat in Poem 5?
7. What does Poem 7 achieve for the reader?
8. What special features does the car described in Poem 2 have on the outside?
9. Why does the man in the marmalade hat bring the bottle of starch in Poem 5?
10. What does Blake do during Poem 2?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)