|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Introduction, who explains how the book was born?
(c) Nancy Willard.
(d) Miss Pratt.
2. Which character possibly jumped over the moon during Poem 7?
(a) The boy.
(b) The cow.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The girl.
3. In Poem 3, who should the boy be kept safe from?
(a) The perilous starlight and the old moon's lunatic cat.
(b) The bear and the rabbit.
(c) The rabbit and the girl.
(d) The Marmalade Man.
4. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 stands on gossamer white clouds?
(a) William Blake.
(b) Serving girl.
(c) The cow.
(d) The boy.
5. What objects is the traveler missing in Poem 2?
(a) A luggage rack or a seat.
(b) A bun or mustard.
(c) Umbrella or goggles.
(d) Shoes or a sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nancy Willard's role that gives her insight into the poetic form of Poem 1?
2. Which character in the Introduction says, "Lights off. I'm going downstairs"?
3. Who is the main character of Poem 6?
4. What is the object that the cow slept on in Poem 7?
5. Who is the character Nancy has a lively conversation with during the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
2. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
3. What happens outside the inn when it snows?
4. What is different about the dragons?
5. What aspect of the Frontispiece's story appears out of this world?
6. Is the boy comforted during Poem 3?
7. What is the whimsical event that occurs during Poem 7?
8. What kind of form does Poem 1 have?
9. What is below the cow in the sky in Poem 7?
10. What kind of journey does the boy embark upon in the Frontispiece?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)