|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nancy believe sent The Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience?
(c) Nancy Willard.
(d) Miss Pratt.
2. Which character in Poem 2 is dressed in a mackintosh and wings?
(d) Nancy Willard.
3. Which two characters mentioned in Poem 4 are dancing and singing?
(a) The tiger and the sunflower.
(b) William Blake and the boy.
(c) The Sun and the Moon.
(d) The boy and the rabbit.
4. What is the main character's midnight snack in Poem 6?
(a) A dozen lobster claws.
(b) A hedgehog.
(c) A plate of moles.
(d) A stew of nine mice.
5. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A scone.
(c) A muffin.
(d) A star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are dressed in tails in Poem 5?
2. Where will the journey proposed during the Frontispiece take the traveler?
3. Who is the first character the boy meets in Poem 3?
4. Which character twirls on her toes in Poem 4?
5. Which character in Poem 5 is happy to see the the Man in the Marmalade Hat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
2. What is the inscription in the book of poems mentioned in the Introduction?
3. What does Poem 7 achieve for the reader?
4. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
5. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
6. Why does Blake enjoy the company of the Man in the Marmalade Hat in Poem 5?
7. How does the bear comfort the boy in Poem 3?
8. What is different about the dragons?
9. Describe the little boy's appearance in the Frontispiece.
10. What is the Basilisk mentioned in Poem 6?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)