|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character do people confuse the King of Cats with during Poem 6?
(a) The King of Beasts.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Moon.
(d) William Blake.
2. Who is the character outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3 that the bear warns about?
(a) The girl.
(b) A cat.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The Marmalade Man.
3. What is the destination of the exciting journey involving fantasy characters in the Introduction?
(a) The inn.
(b) The garden.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The attic.
4. Which character in the Frontispiece wants to know how far the journey will be?
(a) Marmalade Man.
5. Which character ultimately reassures the boy in Poem 3?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The cat.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspects of the characters is displayed in the illustration of Poem 2?
2. In Poem 1, what actions are the dragons responsible for?
3. Where will the journey proposed during the Frontispiece take the traveler?
4. Who is the main character?
5. What is pasted on the ceiling of the room mentioned in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
2. What is special about the poetic form employed in Poem 4?
3. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
4. Why are the tiger and boy afraid in Poem 4?
5. What is below the cow in the sky in Poem 7?
6. What is the Basilisk mentioned in Poem 6?
7. What kind of form does Poem 1 have?
8. What happens outside the inn when it snows?
9. Describe Nancy Willard as a child.
10. What aspect of the Frontispiece's story appears out of this world?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)