|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main character's midnight snack in Poem 6?
(a) A hedgehog.
(b) A plate of moles.
(c) A stew of nine mice.
(d) A dozen lobster claws.
2. What object mentioned in Poem 5 will straighten out the bends in the roads?
(a) A car.
(b) A liquid pen.
(c) A bottle of starch.
(d) A ruler.
3. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
(a) A cat.
(b) The loft.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bear.
4. Which character in the Introduction wonders what is real and what is not when staring at the ceiling?
(c) Nancy Willard.
(d) Miss Pratt.
5. Which character sings during Poem 6?
(a) The boy.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The King of Beasts.
(d) The King of Cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked if the other characters are coming, which character in the Frontispiece replies "soon"?
2. Which character smiles in the illustration at the reader in Poem 5?
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 asks the cow how it slept?
4. What kind of a journey is the traveler embarking upon?
5. What is the destination of the exciting journey involving fantasy characters in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
2. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
3. What kind of journey does the boy embark upon in the Frontispiece?
4. What is different about the dragons?
5. Describe the little boy's appearance in the Frontispiece.
6. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
7. What is the inscription in the book of poems mentioned in the Introduction?
8. Is the boy comforted during Poem 3?
9. What is the whimsical event that occurs during Poem 7?
10. What does Poem 7 achieve for the reader?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)