|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character insists on cleaning the inn in Poem 5?
(a) The boy.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
(d) William Blake.
2. What aspects of the characters is displayed in the illustration of Poem 2?
(a) Side profiles.
(b) Full face only.
(c) Full face and full profile.
(d) Back views.
3. Which character in the Introduction wonders what is real and what is not when staring at the ceiling?
(a) Miss Pratt.
(b) Nancy Willard.
4. Which character ultimately reassures the boy in Poem 3?
(a) The cat.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) The bear.
(d) The Moon.
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 offers the cow bread and butter?
(a) The girl.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The boy.
(d) The Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 asks the cow how it slept?
2. What is the traveler carrying?
3. In the Frontispiece, which character asks if the others will come?
4. How many verses does Poem 1 contain and what is the rhyming pattern?
5. Which character is the anchor who comforts the other characters mentioned during Poem 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the boy comforted during Poem 3?
2. What is below the cow in the sky in Poem 7?
3. What does Poem 7 achieve for the reader?
4. What is the whimsical event that occurs during Poem 7?
5. What does the Frontispiece accomplish?
6. What aspect of the Frontispiece's story appears out of this world?
7. Describe the driver mentioned in Poem 2.
8. How does the bear comfort the boy in Poem 3?
9. What is the relationship between Nancy and Miss Pratt?
10. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)