|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character mentioned in Poem 6 that can kill you with a blast of breath?
(a) The King of Beasts.
(b) The King of Cats.
(c) The Basilisk.
(d) The lobster.
2. In Poem 6, Lines 4 through 7 show similarity to what story?
(a) Of Mice and Men.
(b) Puss n' Boots.
(c) Songs of Heaven.
(d) Alice in Wonderland.
3. When asked if the other characters are coming, which character in the Frontispiece replies "soon"?
(b) Marmalade Man.
4. Which character calls everyone "my loves" in Poem 5?
(a) The raccoon.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
(d) The child on the roof.
5. In the Frontispiece, which character asks if the others will come?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character smiles in the sky in Poem 6?
2. What is the poetic form of Poem 4?
3. Which character wakes up during Poem 4 and wants to know what the rumbling sound is?
4. Which characters are mentioned in Stanza 1 of Poem 1?
5. What is the rhythmic pattern of Poem 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Blake enjoy the company of the Man in the Marmalade Hat in Poem 5?
2. What special features does the car described in Poem 2 have on the outside?
3. What is the inscription in the book of poems mentioned in the Introduction?
4. What do the little children do when the Man in the Marmalade Hat arrives in Poem 5?
5. How does the bear comfort the boy in Poem 3?
6. What are the rewards offered in Poem 12?
7. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
8. What kind of journey does the boy embark upon in the Frontispiece?
9. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
10. What is the Basilisk mentioned in Poem 6?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)