|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
(a) A sleeping bag and tent.
(b) A glass of milk and cookies.
(c) A clock, a lock, a lamp, and an hourglass.
(d) A pillow, a bed, a blanket, and a book.
2. Which character in Poem 5 is happy to see the the Man in the Marmalade Hat?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The boy.
3. What is the object that the cow slept on in Poem 7?
(a) The grass.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The star.
(d) The cloud.
4. What is the poetic form of verse employed in Poem 5?
5. Which characters mentioned during Poem 6 sleep in the upper regions of the house?
(a) The mice.
(b) The hedgehogs.
(c) The moles.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poetic form of Poem 3?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 5 wears dancing shoes?
3. Which character do people confuse the King of Cats with during Poem 6?
4. What objects is the traveler missing in Poem 2?
5. Which object is always present in Poem 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the little children do when the Man in the Marmalade Hat arrives in Poem 5?
2. Describe Nancy Willard as a child.
3. What does the Frontispiece accomplish?
4. Is the boy comforted during Poem 3?
5. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
6. What kind of journey does the boy embark upon in the Frontispiece?
7. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
8. Why does Blake enjoy the company of the Man in the Marmalade Hat in Poem 5?
9. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
10. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)