|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many verses does Poem 1 contain and what is the rhyming pattern?
(a) Three verses with iambic pentameter.
(b) Three verses with iambic quadrameter.
(c) Four verses with iambic quadrameter.
(d) Four verses with iambic pentameter.
2. In Poem 3, who should the boy be kept safe from?
(a) The rabbit and the girl.
(b) The perilous starlight and the old moon's lunatic cat.
(c) The bear and the rabbit.
(d) The Marmalade Man.
3. What is Blake's role in the illustration for Poem 2?
4. What is the illustration mentioned in Poem 7?
(a) A full-sized cow up in the sky.
(b) A little boy dancing with serving girls.
(c) The Moon hiding behind clouds.
(d) William Blake feeding the cow.
5. What is the emotion created during Poem 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character Nancy has a lively conversation with during the Introduction?
2. Which character in the Introduction had measles at seven?
3. Where does the light mentioned during Poem 4 come from?
4. What is Nancy Willard's role that gives her insight into the poetic form of Poem 1?
5. In Poem 6, Lines 4 through 7 show similarity to what story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
2. What is the Basilisk mentioned in Poem 6?
3. What is the relationship between Nancy and Miss Pratt?
4. What do the little children do when the Man in the Marmalade Hat arrives in Poem 5?
5. What is the inscription in the book of poems mentioned in the Introduction?
6. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
7. Who does the King of Cats compare himself to in Poem 6 and why?
8. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
9. Why does Blake enjoy the company of the Man in the Marmalade Hat in Poem 5?
10. Describe Nancy Willard as a child.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)