|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character ultimately reassures the boy in Poem 3?
(a) The bear.
(b) The cat.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The Moon.
2. How many couplets exist in Poem 7?
3. When the boy is homesick, what does he wish for during Poem 3?
(a) His teddy bear.
(b) The comforts of home.
(c) His parents.
(d) His friend.
4. Which characters play gongs and drums during Poem 5?
5. Which object is always present in Poem 7?
(a) The table.
(b) The weather vane.
(c) The wren.
(d) The Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of the Introduction?
2. At what time of the year does the Man in the Marmalade Hat appear in Poem 5?
3. How does the Frontispiece differ from the other poems?
4. Which character twirls on her toes in Poem 4?
5. What does the title of Poem 1, "William Blake's Inn for Innocent and Experienced Travelers" refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the man in the marmalade hat bring the bottle of starch in Poem 5?
2. What is the whimsical event that occurs during Poem 7?
3. Who does the King of Cats compare himself to in Poem 6 and why?
4. What does Blake do during Poem 2?
5. What kind of journey does the boy embark upon in the Frontispiece?
6. Describe the driver mentioned in Poem 2.
7. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
8. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
9. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
10. What is the Basilisk mentioned in Poem 6?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)