|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
(a) A star.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A muffin.
(d) A scone.
2. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
(a) A bear.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) The loft.
3. Which character wakes up during Poem 4 and wants to know what the rumbling sound is?
(a) The king of cats.
(b) The dancing moon.
(c) The tiger.
(d) The rabbit.
4. Which character calls everyone "my loves" in Poem 5?
(a) The child on the roof.
(b) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
(c) The raccoon.
(d) William Blake.
5. What is the illustration mentioned in Poem 7?
(a) A full-sized cow up in the sky.
(b) William Blake feeding the cow.
(c) A little boy dancing with serving girls.
(d) The Moon hiding behind clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of the year does the Man in the Marmalade Hat appear in Poem 5?
2. What does the boy find instead of a bed in Poem 3?
3. What is the destination of the exciting journey involving fantasy characters in the Introduction?
4. What are the objects being prepared in the third verse of Poem 1?
5. What is the poetic form of Poem 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the driver mentioned in Poem 2.
2. Is the boy comforted during Poem 3?
3. What is different about the dragons?
4. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
5. What special features does the car described in Poem 2 have on the outside?
6. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
7. What does the scene for the meal in Poem 6 consist of and where does it take place?
8. What is the Basilisk mentioned in Poem 6?
9. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
10. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)