|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object lies at the top of the tower in Poem 6?
(a) A bowl.
(b) A plate.
(c) A door.
(d) A table.
2. Which two characters mentioned in Poem 4 are dancing and singing?
(a) William Blake and the boy.
(b) The tiger and the sunflower.
(c) The Sun and the Moon.
(d) The boy and the rabbit.
3. Who is the first character the boy meets in Poem 3?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) The Moon.
(c) A girl.
(d) A bear.
4. What animal is the vehicle mentioned in Poem 2 similar to?
5. What is the object mentioned in Poem 7 that shines from above?
(a) The star.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The cloud.
(d) The weather vane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
2. When asked if the other characters are coming, which character in the Frontispiece replies "soon"?
3. What character insists on cleaning the inn in Poem 5?
4. Which character ultimately reassures the boy in Poem 3?
5. Which character smiles in the illustration at the reader in Poem 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspect of the Frontispiece's story appears out of this world?
2. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
3. What does Blake do during Poem 2?
4. What kind of form does Poem 1 have?
5. Describe Nancy Willard as a child.
6. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
7. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
8. What kind of journey does the boy embark upon in the Frontispiece?
9. What special features does the car described in Poem 2 have on the outside?
10. Describe the driver mentioned in Poem 2.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)