|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of the year does the Man in the Marmalade Hat appear in Poem 5?
2. Which character in the Introduction says, "Lights off. I'm going downstairs"?
(a) Nancy Willard.
(b) Miss Pratt.
3. What object mentioned in Poem 5 will straighten out the bends in the roads?
(a) A liquid pen.
(b) A car.
(c) A bottle of starch.
(d) A ruler.
4. What is the traveler carrying?
(a) The Milky Way.
(b) A hatbox and suitcase.
(c) A book of poems and an umbrella.
(d) A journal and a magic box.
5. When the boy is homesick, what does he wish for during Poem 3?
(a) His friend.
(b) His teddy bear.
(c) His parents.
(d) The comforts of home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object that the cow slept on in Poem 7?
2. What is the object affixed to the vehicle during Poem 2?
3. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
4. Which character is dressed as a sailor outfit?
5. What objects is the traveler missing in Poem 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Frontispiece accomplish?
2. What does the scene for the meal in Poem 6 consist of and where does it take place?
3. What aspect of the Frontispiece's story appears out of this world?
4. Is the boy comforted during Poem 3?
5. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
6. What is different about the dragons?
7. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
8. What do the little children do when the Man in the Marmalade Hat arrives in Poem 5?
9. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
10. What is the Basilisk mentioned in Poem 6?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)