|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object that begins to purr when the traveler enter the car during Poem 2?
2. Which creature mentioned in Poem 3 speaks in italics?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) The girl.
(d) The bear.
3. What is the poetic form of Poem 4?
(a) Romance seven.
(b) Romance five.
(c) Rime couye.
4. Which object mentioned in Poem 7 is below the clouds?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The boy.
(c) The village.
(d) The table.
5. Who is the main character of the Introduction?
(a) Nancy Willard.
(b) Miss Pratt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are on a visit during Poem 4?
2. What character smiles in the sky in Poem 6?
3. Which character smiles in the illustration at the reader in Poem 5?
4. Which character sings during Poem 6?
5. What is the destination of the exciting journey involving fantasy characters in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
2. Describe Nancy Willard as a child.
3. What is the inscription in the book of poems mentioned in the Introduction?
4. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
5. Who does the King of Cats compare himself to in Poem 6 and why?
6. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
7. What does Poem 7 achieve for the reader?
8. Why is the inn so appealing to travelers?
9. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
10. Describe the driver mentioned in Poem 2.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)