|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked if the other characters are coming, which character in the Frontispiece replies "soon"?
(d) Marmalade Man.
2. What aspects of the characters is displayed in the illustration of Poem 2?
(a) Back views.
(b) Full face and full profile.
(c) Full face only.
(d) Side profiles.
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 offers the cow bread and butter?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The girl.
(d) The boy.
4. Who is the main character of Poem 6?
(a) The boy.
(b) The King of Cats.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) William Blake.
5. Which character is still snoozing during all the activity of Poem 5?
(a) The boy.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The raccoon.
(d) The hedgehog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the destination of the exciting journey involving fantasy characters in the Introduction?
2. Which character possibly jumped over the moon during Poem 7?
3. Who is the first character the boy meets in Poem 3?
4. Which character do people confuse the King of Cats with during Poem 6?
5. Which character signs the dedication on the title page in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
2. What kind of journey does the boy embark upon in the Frontispiece?
3. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
4. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
5. What is the inscription in the book of poems mentioned in the Introduction?
6. What is special about the poetic form employed in Poem 4?
7. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
8. What is below the cow in the sky in Poem 7?
9. What kind of form does Poem 1 have?
10. Why does the man in the marmalade hat bring the bottle of starch in Poem 5?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)