|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object mentioned in Poem 7 that shines from above?
(a) The star.
(b) The cloud.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The weather vane.
2. What are the objects being prepared in the third verse of Poem 1?
(a) Spits of meat to consume.
(b) Paper for writing poetry.
(c) Loaves of bread to eat.
(d) Featherbeds for heavenly sleep.
3. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
(a) A star.
(b) A muffin.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A scone.
4. Which object mentioned in Poem 7 is below the clouds?
(a) The village.
(b) The boy.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The table.
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 asks the cow how it slept?
(a) The girl.
(b) The questioner.
(c) The boy.
(d) The Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object that the cow slept on in Poem 7?
2. Which characters mentioned during Poem 4 are busy working on another poem?
3. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
4. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
5. Which character in the Frontispiece wants to know how far the journey will be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
2. What is special about the poetic form employed in Poem 4?
3. What is different about the dragons?
4. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
5. Why does the man in the marmalade hat bring the bottle of starch in Poem 5?
6. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
7. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
8. Describe tasks the King of Cats gives his wife in Poem 13.
9. Why would the lion lie down beside a bear, rabbit, sheep, and bird in Poem 14?
10. Describe the driver mentioned in Poem 2.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)