Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
2. What does the boy's friend tell him will be as soft as hay in Poem 3?
(a) The bear's arms.
(b) The blanket on the floor.
(c) The featherbed of the angel.
(d) The Marmalade Man's hat.
3. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
4. Which characters mentioned during Poem 4 are busy working on another poem?
(a) William Blake and his assistant.
(b) The boy and the rabbit.
(c) The rabbit and the King of Cats.
(d) The Sun and the Moon.
5. Which character signs the dedication on the title page in the Introduction?
(b) Miss Pratt.
(c) Nancy Willard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects is the traveler missing in Poem 2?
2. What object lies at the top of the tower in Poem 6?
3. Where does the light mentioned during Poem 4 come from?
4. Which character in the Introduction says, "Lights off. I'm going downstairs"?
5. What is the traveler carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sunflowers want in Poem 8?
2. What is a big difference between the rabbit and the cow in Poem 9?
3. Describe the Man in the Marmalade Hat mentioned in Poem 5.
4. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
5. What are the dangers outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3?
6. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
7. Describe the little boy's appearance in the Frontispiece.
8. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
9. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
10. How is the experience different for the tiger compared to the boy in Poem 10?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)