|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 6, what does the main character's breakfast consist of?
(b) Two eggs over easy.
(c) A small wren.
2. What is the poetic form of verse employed in Poem 5?
3. Which object is always present in Poem 7?
(a) The weather vane.
(b) The wren.
(c) The table.
(d) The Moon.
4. Which character smiles in the illustration at the reader in Poem 5?
(a) The little girl.
(b) The raccoon.
(c) The boy.
(d) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
5. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A scone.
(c) A star.
(d) A muffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object that begins to purr when the traveler enter the car during Poem 2?
2. What is the emotion created during Poem 7?
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 offers the cow bread and butter?
4. What is Nancy Willard's role that gives her insight into the poetic form of Poem 1?
5. What is the object mentioned in Poem 7 that shines from above?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the tiger and boy afraid in Poem 4?
2. Why does the man in the marmalade hat bring the bottle of starch in Poem 5?
3. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
4. What does Poem 7 achieve for the reader?
5. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
6. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
7. Describe the little boy's appearance in the Frontispiece.
8. How does the bear comfort the boy in Poem 3?
9. What does the scene for the meal in Poem 6 consist of and where does it take place?
10. What special features does the car described in Poem 2 have on the outside?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)