|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects is the traveler missing in Poem 2?
(a) A luggage rack or a seat.
(b) A bun or mustard.
(c) Umbrella or goggles.
(d) Shoes or a sense of humor.
2. What character carries dishes in Poem 6?
(a) The boy.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The King of Cats.
(d) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
3. Who are the characters in Poem 1 that make snowmen?
4. Which object mentioned in Poem 2 obligingly shrinks flat?
5. What character insists on cleaning the inn in Poem 5?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The boy.
(c) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
(d) The tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the raincoat and boots mentioned in Poem 2?
2. What is Nancy Willard's role that gives her insight into the poetic form of Poem 1?
3. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
4. What objects are missing in the room described in Poem 3?
5. Where will the journey proposed during the Frontispiece take the traveler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the King of Cats compare himself to in Poem 6 and why?
2. Describe the driver mentioned in Poem 2.
3. What kind of journey does the boy embark upon in the Frontispiece?
4. What does Nancy think about when she stares at the glowing stars on her ceiling?
5. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
6. Describe how the cow makes the cloud into a bed in Poem 7.
7. What does Blake do during Poem 2?
8. What is the surprising contrast in the character of the rabbit that Poem 4 reveals?
9. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
10. What is the inscription in the book of poems mentioned in the Introduction?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)