|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object mentioned in Poem 7 that shines from above?
(a) The cloud.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The weather vane.
(d) The star.
2. Which object mentioned in Poem 2 obligingly shrinks flat?
3. In the Introduction, who explains how the book was born?
(a) Nancy Willard.
(b) Miss Pratt.
4. Which object mentioned in Poem 7 is below the clouds?
(a) The village.
(b) The table.
(c) The boy.
(d) The Moon.
5. Which characters are mentioned in Stanza 1 of Poem 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Frontispiece creates this tone for the remaining poems.
2. Who is the character Nancy has a lively conversation with during the Introduction?
3. Who is the main character of the Introduction?
4. Who does Nancy believe sent The Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience?
5. How wide does the carriage mentioned in Poem 2 become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the inn so appealing to travelers?
2. Describe an unusual event that also happens during the night in Poem 4.
3. What kind of form does Poem 1 have?
4. What is the whimsical event that occurs during Poem 7?
5. Why are the tiger and boy afraid in Poem 4?
6. What does the Frontispiece accomplish?
7. What is different about the dragons?
8. What aspect of the Frontispiece's story appears out of this world?
9. What does the scene for the meal in Poem 6 consist of and where does it take place?
10. What kind of journey does the boy embark upon in the Frontispiece?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)