|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3 that the bear warns about?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The Marmalade Man.
(c) A cat.
(d) The girl.
2. Where does the light mentioned during Poem 4 come from?
(a) The dancing Moon.
(b) The crouching Sun.
(c) The reflection of the stars.
(d) A flashlight.
3. What character smiles in the sky in Poem 6?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The comet.
(c) The boy.
(d) A shooting star.
4. In the Introduction, who explains how the book was born?
(a) Miss Pratt.
(c) Nancy Willard.
5. Which character wakes up during Poem 4 and wants to know what the rumbling sound is?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The king of cats.
(c) The dancing moon.
(d) The tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters in Poem 1 that make snowmen?
2. What objects are missing in the room described in Poem 3?
3. Where will the journey proposed during the Frontispiece take the traveler?
4. The Frontispiece creates this tone for the remaining poems.
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 asks the cow how it slept?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the room mentioned in Poem 3.
2. What does Blake urge his readers to do in the Epilogue?
3. What is below the cow in the sky in Poem 7?
4. What is unusual about the king's breakfast described in Poem 6?
5. How does the bear comfort the boy in Poem 3?
6. What do the little children do when the Man in the Marmalade Hat arrives in Poem 5?
7. What is different about the dragons?
8. What magical things happen during Poem 2 when the traveler enters the car?
9. When the rabbit requests that everyone make believe, what does the cow do in Poem 9?
10. Why is the inn so appealing to travelers?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)