|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 14 has been stealing?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The rat.
(c) The cat.
(d) William Blake.
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 might take a nap like a field mouse in hay?
(a) The cow.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The little girl.
3. Which poetic form employed in Poem 8 is slower than the iambic form?
4. During Poem 10, what does staying awake symbolize?
(a) Being alive to the loveliness around us.
(b) Staying warm.
(c) Keeping beauty to yourself.
(d) Capitalizing on beauty around.
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 8 talks to William Blake?
(a) The sunflower.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The boy.
(d) The Moon.
6. What is the rhythmic form of Poem 15?
(a) Iambic quadrameter in AABB form.
(b) Iambic hexameter in ABBA form.
(c) Iambic quadrameter in ABBA form.
(d) Iambic hexameter in AABB form.
7. In the epigraph of Poem 16, what is the reader reminded to do?
(a) Rest at the inn.
(b) Share food with others.
(c) Visit the inn.
(d) Have a face that gives light.
8. Which two characters have to make amends in Poem 12?
(a) The boy and rabbit.
(b) The lamb and tiger.
(c) The fox and hound.
(d) The cat and rat.
9. Which characters all depart during Poem 16?
(a) Cow, rabbit, tiger, rat, and cat.
(b) The Marmalade Man, mice, and dragons.
(c) William Blake, Mrs. Blake, and the tailor.
(d) The sheep, lamb, and goat.
10. Which character notices that stars are falling in Poem 10?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The cat.
(d) The boy.
11. What is the gift that the King of Cats sends to the cat who winds the clocks in Poem 13?
(a) A wrench.
(b) Mice to eat.
(c) A thousand sunsets.
(d) A magical car.
12. What place is called the holy hill in Poem 16?
(a) The inn.
(b) The cow's cloud.
(c) The meadow.
(d) The castle.
13. Through what does the Marmalade Man asks the other characters to follow him in Poem 12?
(a) The moat.
(b) The Milky Way.
(c) Mist and maze.
(d) The valley.
14. Which characters mentioned in Poem 16 are bakers?
(a) The mice.
(b) The innkeeper and his wife.
(c) The dragons.
(d) The rabbit and the cat.
15. In Poem 8, what is the object that the sunflowers track the movement of?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The boy.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 has been busy cleaning the inn?
2. In line one of Poem 13, what does the King of Cats tell his wife to do?
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 14 has a childlike faith?
4. What is the symbol for someone who leads in Poem 12?
5. What is the rhyme form of Poem 11?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)