|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem 9, typically, who are the characters that typically receive the phrase "make way" when they arrive?
(a) The rich and the royalty.
(b) The children.
(c) The Sun and the Moon.
(d) William Blake and his dragons.
2. What are the materials used by the tailor to build a house in Poem 15?
(a) Bat's wool, mouse fur, and mole's skin.
(b) Silk and wool.
(c) Hay and onion skin.
(d) Stars and the Milky Way.
3. What is the ballad form of Poem 8?
4. What does the cow think "believe" will turn out to be in Poem 9?
(a) A castle.
(b) A moat.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A boat with feet and fins.
5. What materials are used to make the chairs in Poem 15?
(a) Bat's wool, snail's feet, and onion skin.
(b) Velveteen, snail's feet, and comet's hair.
(c) Bat's wool, mouse fur, and mole's skin.
(d) Wool, velvet, and silk.
6. Through what does the Marmalade Man asks the other characters to follow him in Poem 12?
(a) The Milky Way.
(b) The moat.
(c) The valley.
(d) Mist and maze.
7. Why does the tiger ask William Blake for a story in Poem 14?
(a) To restore his health.
(b) To fall asleep.
(c) To ease his anxieties.
(d) To get hungry.
8. During Poem 10, what does staying awake symbolize?
(a) Being alive to the loveliness around us.
(b) Capitalizing on beauty around.
(c) Keeping beauty to yourself.
(d) Staying warm.
9. What object mentioned in Poem 8 contains the roots of the sunflowers?
(a) The wall.
(b) The carpet.
(c) The grass.
(d) The Moon.
10. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 holds a telescope and is captain?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The boy.
(d) The Marmalade Man.
11. Which character mentioned in Poem 8 talks to William Blake?
(a) The sunflower.
(b) The boy.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The Sun.
12. Which character mentioned in Poem 10 is the only one that is not happy?
(a) The boy.
(b) The rat.
(c) The tiger.
(d) The cat.
13. Which two characters are right beside the tiger in Poem 14?
(a) A rabbit and cat.
(b) A lamb and rat.
(c) A bird and goat.
(d) A mouse and cat.
14. Which characters mentioned in Poem 8 are tired of traveling?
(a) The sunflowers.
(b) The boy and the rabbit.
(c) The Moon and Sun.
(d) The girls.
15. Which character notices that stars are falling in Poem 10?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The boy.
(c) The cat.
(d) The rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 has been busy cleaning the inn?
2. Which character mentioned in Poem 9 is literal?
3. What is the only area that stays warm despite the cold wind in Poem 11?
4. Which character is working in an office in the illustration of Poem 11?
5. Which character mentioned in Poem 10 receives silver stars?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)