|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters play gongs and drums during Poem 5?
2. Who are the characters in Poem 1 that make snowmen?
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 stands on gossamer white clouds?
(a) The boy.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The cow.
(d) Serving girl.
4. What are the objects being prepared in the third verse of Poem 1?
(a) Featherbeds for heavenly sleep.
(b) Loaves of bread to eat.
(c) Spits of meat to consume.
(d) Paper for writing poetry.
5. What objects are missing in the room described in Poem 3?
(a) A boy and a pillow.
(b) A bed and a bear.
(c) A clock and lock.
(d) A cat and a door.
6. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
7. What is the object that the cow slept on in Poem 7?
(a) The grass.
(b) The star.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The cloud.
8. What is the object that begins to purr when the traveler enter the car during Poem 2?
9. Which characters are on a visit during Poem 4?
(a) The sunflowers.
(b) The rabbit and the tiger.
(c) The boy and the King of Cats.
(d) William Blake's friends.
10. Which character mentioned during the Introduction died two hundred years ago?
(d) Miss Pratt.
11. Which character in the Introduction wonders what is real and what is not when staring at the ceiling?
(c) Miss Pratt.
(d) Nancy Willard.
12. What are the two objects that the Man in the Marmalade Hat carries in Poem 5?
(a) A bucket and a mop.
(b) A bird and a jewelry box.
(c) A jar of marmalade and a spoon.
(d) A box of papers and a pen.
13. What is the main character's midnight snack in Poem 6?
(a) A hedgehog.
(b) A plate of moles.
(c) A stew of nine mice.
(d) A dozen lobster claws.
14. What is the poetic form of verse employed in Poem 5?
15. What is accomplished by removing capitals and having simple, exact rhymes in Poem 2?
(a) The reader is confused.
(b) The story is hard to follow.
(c) The poem feels like a story.
(d) The rhymes are forced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poetic form of Poem 4?
2. Which character mentioned during Poem 4 surprisingly moves in the middle of the night?
3. Which characters mentioned during Poem 4 are busy working on another poem?
4. Who is the main character?
5. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)