|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the anchor who comforts the other characters mentioned during Poem 4?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The boy.
(c) The tiger.
(d) William Blake.
2. Who is the character Nancy has a lively conversation with during the Introduction?
(a) Miss Pratt.
3. How many verses does Poem 1 contain and what is the rhyming pattern?
(a) Three verses with iambic quadrameter.
(b) Three verses with iambic pentameter.
(c) Four verses with iambic pentameter.
(d) Four verses with iambic quadrameter.
4. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
5. What is the object that the cow slept on in Poem 7?
(a) The cloud.
(b) The grass.
(c) The star.
(d) The Moon.
6. In Poem 1, what actions are the dragons responsible for?
(b) Guarding the inn.
(c) Cooking and baking.
(d) Chasing away children.
7. What is the poetic form of Poem 3?
(a) Anapestic rhythm of a limerick.
(b) Chastushka rhythm of a sonnet.
(c) Dactylic hexameter of a limerick.
(d) Dactylic hexameter of a sonnet.
8. Which character ultimately reassures the boy in Poem 3?
(a) The bear.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) The cat.
(d) The Moon.
9. Which characters play gongs and drums during Poem 5?
10. Which character in the Introduction had measles at seven?
(b) Miss Pratt.
(c) Nancy Willard.
11. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
12. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) The loft.
(d) A bear.
13. Which character in the Introduction is Nancy curious about?
(d) Miss Pratt.
14. What is the illustration mentioned in Poem 7?
(a) A little boy dancing with serving girls.
(b) William Blake feeding the cow.
(c) The Moon hiding behind clouds.
(d) A full-sized cow up in the sky.
15. What animal is the vehicle mentioned in Poem 2 similar to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters in Poem 1 that make snowmen?
2. What character insists on cleaning the inn in Poem 5?
3. How wide does the carriage mentioned in Poem 2 become?
4. Which two characters mentioned in Poem 4 are dancing and singing?
5. What is the emotion created during Poem 7?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)