|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nancy believe sent The Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience?
(c) Nancy Willard.
(d) Miss Pratt.
2. Which characters mentioned during Poem 6 sleep in the upper regions of the house?
(a) The mice.
(b) The hedgehogs.
(c) The children.
(d) The moles.
3. How many couplets exist in Poem 7?
4. What character carries dishes in Poem 6?
(a) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The boy.
(d) The King of Cats.
5. When asked if the other characters are coming, which character in the Frontispiece replies "soon"?
(b) Marmalade Man.
6. What is the poetic form of Poem 4?
(a) Romance five.
(b) Rime couye.
(d) Romance seven.
7. In Poem 3, who should the boy be kept safe from?
(a) The Marmalade Man.
(b) The bear and the rabbit.
(c) The rabbit and the girl.
(d) The perilous starlight and the old moon's lunatic cat.
8. What is the quality of the place that the reader experience during the first verse of Poem 1?
(a) Energetic and frenetic.
(b) Dark and foreboding.
(c) Violent and turbulent.
(d) Restful and magical.
9. What is Nancy Willard's role that gives her insight into the poetic form of Poem 1?
(a) A poet.
(b) A professor of literature.
(c) A dreamer.
(d) A student.
10. Which character mentioned during the Introduction died two hundred years ago?
(c) Miss Pratt.
11. Which characters mentioned during Poem 4 are busy working on another poem?
(a) William Blake and his assistant.
(b) The boy and the rabbit.
(c) The Sun and the Moon.
(d) The rabbit and the King of Cats.
12. What is the rhythmic pattern of Poem 4?
13. Who is the main character of the Introduction?
(a) Miss Pratt.
(d) Nancy Willard.
14. What is the object mentioned in Poem 7 that shines from above?
(a) The weather vane.
(b) The star.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The cloud.
15. When the boy is homesick, what does he wish for during Poem 3?
(a) His friend.
(b) His teddy bear.
(c) His parents.
(d) The comforts of home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which object is always present in Poem 7?
2. Which two characters mentioned in Poem 4 are dancing and singing?
3. Which character mentioned in Poem 5 wears dancing shoes?
4. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 asks the cow how it slept?
5. What is the emotion created during Poem 7?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)