|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
2. Which character sings during Poem 6?
(a) The King of Cats.
(b) The boy.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The King of Beasts.
3. In what lines of stanzas 1 and 2 of Poem 1 does the poem literally sing itself?
(a) 4, 5, and 6.
(b) 1, 2, and 3.
(c) 3, 4, and 5.
(d) 2, 3, and 4.
4. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
(a) A bear.
(b) The loft.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A cat.
5. What is accomplished by removing capitals and having simple, exact rhymes in Poem 2?
(a) The story is hard to follow.
(b) The poem feels like a story.
(c) The rhymes are forced.
(d) The reader is confused.
6. Which character wakes up during Poem 4 and wants to know what the rumbling sound is?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The dancing moon.
(c) The king of cats.
(d) The rabbit.
7. In the Frontispiece, who is having a conversation?
(a) Sun, moon, boy, Milky Way.
(b) Sun, boy, King of Cats, Marmalade Man.
(c) Sun, moon, air, star.
(d) Air, moon, Milky Way, star.
8. Who is the main character of the Introduction?
(b) Nancy Willard.
(c) Miss Pratt.
9. Which characters are on a visit during Poem 4?
(a) The boy and the King of Cats.
(b) William Blake's friends.
(c) The sunflowers.
(d) The rabbit and the tiger.
10. In Poem 3, who should the boy be kept safe from?
(a) The rabbit and the girl.
(b) The Marmalade Man.
(c) The bear and the rabbit.
(d) The perilous starlight and the old moon's lunatic cat.
11. Who is the character Nancy has a lively conversation with during the Introduction?
(b) Miss Pratt.
12. What is the object that begins to purr when the traveler enter the car during Poem 2?
13. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
(a) A scone.
(b) A star.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A muffin.
14. In Poem 6, what does the main character's breakfast consist of?
(c) Two eggs over easy.
(d) A small wren.
15. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
(a) A glass of milk and cookies.
(b) A sleeping bag and tent.
(c) A pillow, a bed, a blanket, and a book.
(d) A clock, a lock, a lamp, and an hourglass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the title of Poem 1, "William Blake's Inn for Innocent and Experienced Travelers" refer to?
2. What is the object affixed to the vehicle during Poem 2?
3. What is the main character's midnight snack in Poem 6?
4. How many couplets exist in Poem 7?
5. What are the objects being prepared in the third verse of Poem 1?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)