|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character mentioned in Poem 6 that can kill you with a blast of breath?
(a) The King of Beasts.
(b) The lobster.
(c) The King of Cats.
(d) The Basilisk.
2. Which character is still snoozing during all the activity of Poem 5?
(a) The hedgehog.
(b) The boy.
(c) The tiger.
(d) The raccoon.
3. Which object mentioned in Poem 2 obligingly shrinks flat?
4. What is pasted on the ceiling of the room mentioned in the Introduction?
5. What is the quality of the place that the reader experience during the first verse of Poem 1?
(a) Restful and magical.
(b) Violent and turbulent.
(c) Dark and foreboding.
(d) Energetic and frenetic.
6. Which characters are on a visit during Poem 4?
(a) The rabbit and the tiger.
(b) William Blake's friends.
(c) The boy and the King of Cats.
(d) The sunflowers.
7. How does the Frontispiece differ from the other poems?
(a) It does not rhyme or follow standard scansion patterns.
(b) It is very long.
(c) It has metaphorical characters.
(d) it involves fictional characters.
8. What is the traveler carrying?
(a) The Milky Way.
(b) A journal and a magic box.
(c) A hatbox and suitcase.
(d) A book of poems and an umbrella.
9. What is accomplished by removing capitals and having simple, exact rhymes in Poem 2?
(a) The poem feels like a story.
(b) The story is hard to follow.
(c) The reader is confused.
(d) The rhymes are forced.
10. Which object mentioned in Poem 7 is below the clouds?
(a) The table.
(b) The boy.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The village.
11. In Poem 3, who should the boy be kept safe from?
(a) The bear and the rabbit.
(b) The Marmalade Man.
(c) The perilous starlight and the old moon's lunatic cat.
(d) The rabbit and the girl.
12. Which character in the Introduction is Nancy curious about?
(a) Miss Pratt.
13. What is the poetic form of verse employed in Poem 5?
14. What object mentioned in Poem 5 will straighten out the bends in the roads?
(a) A liquid pen.
(b) A bottle of starch.
(c) A car.
(d) A ruler.
15. Where does the light mentioned during Poem 4 come from?
(a) The crouching Sun.
(b) The dancing Moon.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) The reflection of the stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
2. How many verses does Poem 1 contain and what is the rhyming pattern?
3. Who is the first character the boy meets in Poem 3?
4. What are the objects being prepared in the third verse of Poem 1?
5. What is the poetic form of Poem 4?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)