|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the characters that appear in the third stanza of Poem 1?
2. Which character in the Frontispiece wants to know how far the journey will be?
(a) Marmalade Man.
3. In the Frontispiece, which character asks if the others will come?
4. What is the emotion created during Poem 7?
5. In Poem 6, what does the main character's breakfast consist of?
(a) Two eggs over easy.
(d) A small wren.
6. What character carries dishes in Poem 6?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
(c) The boy.
(d) The King of Cats.
7. What is the traveler carrying?
(a) The Milky Way.
(b) A journal and a magic box.
(c) A book of poems and an umbrella.
(d) A hatbox and suitcase.
8. Who does Nancy believe sent The Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience?
(b) Miss Pratt.
(d) Nancy Willard.
9. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
(a) A muffin.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A star.
(d) A scone.
10. What is the poetic form of Poem 1, "William Blake's Inn for Innocent and Experienced Travelers?"
11. What is the object mentioned in Poem 7 that shines from above?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The weather vane.
(c) The star.
(d) The cloud.
12. The Frontispiece creates this tone for the remaining poems.
13. In the Introduction, who explains how the book was born?
(a) Nancy Willard.
(b) Miss Pratt.
14. Which characters are mentioned in Stanza 1 of Poem 1?
15. Which creature mentioned in Poem 3 speaks in italics?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The bear.
(c) The girl.
(d) The Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object that the cow slept on in Poem 7?
2. What kind of a journey is the traveler embarking upon?
3. Which character is the anchor who comforts the other characters mentioned during Poem 4?
4. Which character calls everyone "my loves" in Poem 5?
5. Which character in Poem 5 is happy to see the the Man in the Marmalade Hat?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)