|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3 that the bear warns about?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The girl.
(c) A cat.
(d) The Marmalade Man.
2. Which creature mentioned in Poem 3 speaks in italics?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The girl.
(c) The bear.
(d) The rabbit.
3. Who is the main character?
(b) Marmalade Man.
4. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A bear.
(c) The loft.
(d) A cat.
5. Which two characters are dressed in tails in Poem 5?
(a) The two children.
(b) The raccoon and the hedgehog.
(c) The Man in the Marmalade Hat and William Blake.
(d) The rabbit and the tiger.
6. What is the main character's midnight snack in Poem 6?
(a) A plate of moles.
(b) A dozen lobster claws.
(c) A stew of nine mice.
(d) A hedgehog.
7. Where will the journey proposed during the Frontispiece take the traveler?
(a) To Blake's Inn.
(b) To the other side of the globe.
(c) To a library.
(d) To another planet.
8. What is the object that the cow slept on in Poem 7?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The cloud.
(c) The star.
(d) The grass.
9. What character insists on cleaning the inn in Poem 5?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The boy.
(d) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
10. How does the Frontispiece differ from the other poems?
(a) It does not rhyme or follow standard scansion patterns.
(b) It has metaphorical characters.
(c) It is very long.
(d) it involves fictional characters.
11. What kind of a journey is the traveler embarking upon?
(a) Short and uneventful.
(b) A heavenly one.
(c) One that spans the globe.
12. When asked if the other characters are coming, which character in the Frontispiece replies "soon"?
(d) Marmalade Man.
13. Which object is always present in Poem 7?
(a) The wren.
(b) The table.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The weather vane.
14. What are the objects being prepared in the third verse of Poem 1?
(a) Featherbeds for heavenly sleep.
(b) Paper for writing poetry.
(c) Loaves of bread to eat.
(d) Spits of meat to consume.
15. When the boy is homesick, what does he wish for during Poem 3?
(a) The comforts of home.
(b) His parents.
(c) His friend.
(d) His teddy bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object mentioned in Poem 7 that shines from above?
2. Which character mentioned during Poem 4 surprisingly moves in the middle of the night?
3. What is the emotion created during Poem 7?
4. What is the object that begins to purr when the traveler enter the car during Poem 2?
5. In the Frontispiece, which character asks if the others will come?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)