|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the poetic form of Poem 4?
(b) Romance seven.
(c) Rime couye.
(d) Romance five.
2. What are the objects being prepared in the third verse of Poem 1?
(a) Spits of meat to consume.
(b) Loaves of bread to eat.
(c) Paper for writing poetry.
(d) Featherbeds for heavenly sleep.
3. What is Blake's role in the illustration for Poem 2?
4. Who is the character mentioned in Poem 6 that can kill you with a blast of breath?
(a) The Basilisk.
(b) The lobster.
(c) The King of Cats.
(d) The King of Beasts.
5. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
(a) A sleeping bag and tent.
(b) A pillow, a bed, a blanket, and a book.
(c) A clock, a lock, a lamp, and an hourglass.
(d) A glass of milk and cookies.
6. What is the emotion created during Poem 7?
7. What is the traveler carrying?
(a) A journal and a magic box.
(b) The Milky Way.
(c) A book of poems and an umbrella.
(d) A hatbox and suitcase.
8. Which character in the Frontispiece wants to know how far the journey will be?
(a) Marmalade Man.
9. In Poem 3, who should the boy be kept safe from?
(a) The Marmalade Man.
(b) The bear and the rabbit.
(c) The perilous starlight and the old moon's lunatic cat.
(d) The rabbit and the girl.
10. How many couplets exist in Poem 7?
11. Which two characters mentioned in Poem 4 are dancing and singing?
(a) The Sun and the Moon.
(b) The boy and the rabbit.
(c) The tiger and the sunflower.
(d) William Blake and the boy.
12. What is the rhythmic pattern of Poem 4?
13. Which character is the anchor who comforts the other characters mentioned during Poem 4?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The boy.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) William Blake.
14. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 offers the cow bread and butter?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The boy.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The girl.
15. At what time of the year does the Man in the Marmalade Hat appear in Poem 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are on a visit during Poem 4?
2. What character insists on cleaning the inn in Poem 5?
3. Which character mentioned during Poem 4 surprisingly moves in the middle of the night?
4. What object mentioned in Poem 5 will straighten out the bends in the roads?
5. How does the Frontispiece differ from the other poems?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)