|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters mentioned in Poem 4 are dancing and singing?
(a) The tiger and the sunflower.
(b) The Sun and the Moon.
(c) The boy and the rabbit.
(d) William Blake and the boy.
2. Which character do people confuse the King of Cats with during Poem 6?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The King of Beasts.
(c) The Sun.
(d) William Blake.
3. In Poem 1, what actions are the dragons responsible for?
(a) Guarding the inn.
(b) Cooking and baking.
(c) Chasing away children.
4. Which character ultimately reassures the boy in Poem 3?
(a) The bear.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The cat.
(d) The rabbit.
5. Which character rings a bell in Poem 4?
(a) The boy.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The tiger.
6. What is Nancy Willard's role that gives her insight into the poetic form of Poem 1?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) A professor of literature.
(c) A poet.
(d) A student.
7. Which character mentioned in Poem 5 wears dancing shoes?
(a) The boy.
(b) The little girl.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
8. What aspects of the characters is displayed in the illustration of Poem 2?
(a) Full face only.
(b) Full face and full profile.
(c) Back views.
(d) Side profiles.
9. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
10. Which character is still snoozing during all the activity of Poem 5?
(a) The hedgehog.
(b) The boy.
(c) The tiger.
(d) The raccoon.
11. What characters gaze out from another tower in Poem 6?
(a) Two thrushes.
(b) Two moles.
(c) Two sunflowers.
(d) Two rabbits.
12. What is the poetic form of Poem 3?
(a) Anapestic rhythm of a limerick.
(b) Dactylic hexameter of a sonnet.
(c) Chastushka rhythm of a sonnet.
(d) Dactylic hexameter of a limerick.
13. What is the poetic form of verse employed in Poem 5?
14. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
(a) A star.
(b) A muffin.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A scone.
15. When asked if the other characters are coming, which character in the Frontispiece replies "soon"?
(b) Marmalade Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy's friend tell him will be as soft as hay in Poem 3?
2. What is the object that begins to purr when the traveler enter the car during Poem 2?
3. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
4. How many couplets exist in Poem 7?
5. Who is the first character the boy meets in Poem 3?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)