|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are dressed in tails in Poem 5?
(a) The two children.
(b) The Man in the Marmalade Hat and William Blake.
(c) The raccoon and the hedgehog.
(d) The rabbit and the tiger.
2. Where will the journey proposed during the Frontispiece take the traveler?
(a) To the other side of the globe.
(b) To a library.
(c) To another planet.
(d) To Blake's Inn.
3. Where does the light mentioned during Poem 4 come from?
(a) The crouching Sun.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) The reflection of the stars.
(d) The dancing Moon.
4. In the Frontispiece, who is having a conversation?
(a) Air, moon, Milky Way, star.
(b) Sun, moon, boy, Milky Way.
(c) Sun, boy, King of Cats, Marmalade Man.
(d) Sun, moon, air, star.
5. What object mentioned in Poem 5 will straighten out the bends in the roads?
(a) A ruler.
(b) A car.
(c) A bottle of starch.
(d) A liquid pen.
6. Which character in the Introduction is Nancy curious about?
(c) Miss Pratt.
7. What objects is the traveler missing in Poem 2?
(a) A bun or mustard.
(b) Shoes or a sense of humor.
(c) A luggage rack or a seat.
(d) Umbrella or goggles.
8. What aspects of the characters is displayed in the illustration of Poem 2?
(a) Back views.
(b) Full face only.
(c) Full face and full profile.
(d) Side profiles.
9. How wide does the carriage mentioned in Poem 2 become?
(a) An amphitheater.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A stadium.
(d) A soft, grassy field.
10. Which characters mentioned during Poem 4 are busy working on another poem?
(a) William Blake and his assistant.
(b) The rabbit and the King of Cats.
(c) The Sun and the Moon.
(d) The boy and the rabbit.
11. How does the Frontispiece differ from the other poems?
(a) It does not rhyme or follow standard scansion patterns.
(b) It has metaphorical characters.
(c) It is very long.
(d) it involves fictional characters.
12. How many couplets exist in Poem 7?
13. In Poem 6, what does the main character's breakfast consist of?
(a) A small wren.
(d) Two eggs over easy.
14. Which character is afraid of the flashing lights during Poem 4?
(a) The King of Cats.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The boy.
(d) The rabbit.
15. Which object is always present in Poem 7?
(a) The wren.
(b) The table.
(c) The weather vane.
(d) The Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the Introduction says, "Lights off. I'm going downstairs"?
2. Which object mentioned in Poem 7 is below the clouds?
3. What is Blake's role in the illustration for Poem 2?
4. What character carries dishes in Poem 6?
5. Which character wakes up during Poem 4 and wants to know what the rumbling sound is?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)