|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the light mentioned during Poem 4 come from?
(a) The crouching Sun.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) The reflection of the stars.
(d) The dancing Moon.
2. What does the boy's friend tell him will be as soft as hay in Poem 3?
(a) The featherbed of the angel.
(b) The Marmalade Man's hat.
(c) The blanket on the floor.
(d) The bear's arms.
3. Who is the first character the boy meets in Poem 3?
(a) The Moon.
(b) A girl.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bear.
4. What object in Poem 7 was eaten with butter?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A muffin.
(c) A scone.
(d) A star.
5. Which character is the anchor who comforts the other characters mentioned during Poem 4?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The boy.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) William Blake.
6. What characters gaze out from another tower in Poem 6?
(a) Two rabbits.
(b) Two sunflowers.
(c) Two thrushes.
(d) Two moles.
7. Where will the journey proposed during the Frontispiece take the traveler?
(a) To another planet.
(b) To a library.
(c) To the other side of the globe.
(d) To Blake's Inn.
8. What character carries dishes in Poem 6?
(a) William Blake.
(b) The boy.
(c) The King of Cats.
(d) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
9. In Poem 3, who should the boy be kept safe from?
(a) The Marmalade Man.
(b) The perilous starlight and the old moon's lunatic cat.
(c) The rabbit and the girl.
(d) The bear and the rabbit.
10. Which character mentioned in Poem 7 asks the cow how it slept?
(a) The boy.
(b) The girl.
(c) The questioner.
(d) The Moon.
11. Which character in the Frontispiece wants to know how far the journey will be?
(b) Marmalade Man.
12. Who is the character mentioned in Poem 6 that can kill you with a blast of breath?
(a) The King of Beasts.
(b) The King of Cats.
(c) The Basilisk.
(d) The lobster.
13. In Poem 1, what actions are the dragons responsible for?
(b) Cooking and baking.
(c) Chasing away children.
(d) Guarding the inn.
14. What are the objects being prepared in the third verse of Poem 1?
(a) Paper for writing poetry.
(b) Featherbeds for heavenly sleep.
(c) Loaves of bread to eat.
(d) Spits of meat to consume.
15. Who is the main character?
(a) Marmalade Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem 6, Lines 4 through 7 show similarity to what story?
2. Who does Nancy believe sent The Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience?
3. What is the poetic form of Poem 4?
4. How many couplets exist in Poem 7?
5. What is the object that the cow slept on in Poem 7?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)