|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects are missing in the room described in Poem 3?
(a) A clock and lock.
(b) A cat and a door.
(c) A boy and a pillow.
(d) A bed and a bear.
2. The Frontispiece creates this tone for the remaining poems.
3. Which character in the Introduction had measles at seven?
(c) Miss Pratt.
(d) Nancy Willard.
4. How wide does the carriage mentioned in Poem 2 become?
(a) A stadium.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A soft, grassy field.
(d) An amphitheater.
5. What object mentioned in Poem 5 will straighten out the bends in the roads?
(a) A car.
(b) A bottle of starch.
(c) A liquid pen.
(d) A ruler.
6. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
7. Which characters are on a visit during Poem 4?
(a) The sunflowers.
(b) The rabbit and the tiger.
(c) William Blake's friends.
(d) The boy and the King of Cats.
8. Which character possibly jumped over the moon during Poem 7?
(a) The girl.
(b) The cow.
(c) William Blake.
(d) The boy.
9. Which character ultimately reassures the boy in Poem 3?
(a) The bear.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The cat.
(d) The rabbit.
10. What is the poetic form of Poem 4?
(a) Romance seven.
(b) Romance five.
(c) Rime couye.
11. Which character is the anchor who comforts the other characters mentioned during Poem 4?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The boy.
(d) The tiger.
12. What does the title of Poem 1, "William Blake's Inn for Innocent and Experienced Travelers" refer to?
(a) Poems from a French author.
(b) Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience.
(c) Poetry by William Shakespeare.
(d) Songs of Sorrow and Songs of Innocence.
13. Which object is always present in Poem 7?
(a) The wren.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The table.
(d) The weather vane.
14. What characters gaze out from another tower in Poem 6?
(a) Two moles.
(b) Two thrushes.
(c) Two sunflowers.
(d) Two rabbits.
15. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
(a) A clock, a lock, a lamp, and an hourglass.
(b) A sleeping bag and tent.
(c) A glass of milk and cookies.
(d) A pillow, a bed, a blanket, and a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character mentioned in Poem 5 wears dancing shoes?
2. What does the boy's friend tell him will be as soft as hay in Poem 3?
3. In Poem 6, Lines 4 through 7 show similarity to what story?
4. Who is the main character of the Introduction?
5. Which two characters are dressed in tails in Poem 5?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)