|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which creature mentioned in Poem 3 speaks in italics?
(a) The bear.
(b) The girl.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The Moon.
2. Which character smiles in the illustration at the reader in Poem 5?
(a) The boy.
(b) The raccoon.
(c) The little girl.
(d) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
3. What objects are missing in the room described in Poem 3?
(a) A boy and a pillow.
(b) A bed and a bear.
(c) A cat and a door.
(d) A clock and lock.
4. What objects is the traveler missing in Poem 2?
(a) Umbrella or goggles.
(b) A luggage rack or a seat.
(c) A bun or mustard.
(d) Shoes or a sense of humor.
5. Who is the character outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3 that the bear warns about?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) A cat.
(c) The Marmalade Man.
(d) The girl.
6. Which character in the Introduction is Nancy curious about?
(c) Miss Pratt.
7. What are the two objects that the Man in the Marmalade Hat carries in Poem 5?
(a) A bird and a jewelry box.
(b) A bucket and a mop.
(c) A box of papers and a pen.
(d) A jar of marmalade and a spoon.
8. How many couplets exist in Poem 7?
9. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
(a) A sleeping bag and tent.
(b) A glass of milk and cookies.
(c) A clock, a lock, a lamp, and an hourglass.
(d) A pillow, a bed, a blanket, and a book.
10. At what time of the year does the Man in the Marmalade Hat appear in Poem 5?
11. What does the boy find instead of a bed in Poem 3?
(a) A bear.
(b) An afghan.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A box.
12. What is Blake's role in the illustration for Poem 2?
13. How does the Frontispiece differ from the other poems?
(a) it involves fictional characters.
(b) It has metaphorical characters.
(c) It is very long.
(d) It does not rhyme or follow standard scansion patterns.
14. What is the color of the raincoat and boots mentioned in Poem 2?
(b) Bright yellow.
(d) Spring Onions.
15. In Poem 1, what actions are the dragons responsible for?
(a) Chasing away children.
(b) Guarding the inn.
(d) Cooking and baking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is afraid of the flashing lights during Poem 4?
2. What is the illustration mentioned in Poem 7?
3. What is the object affixed to the vehicle during Poem 2?
4. What object lies at the top of the tower in Poem 6?
5. Which character is dressed as a sailor outfit?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)