|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object that begins to purr when the traveler enter the car during Poem 2?
2. In the Frontispiece, who is having a conversation?
(a) Sun, moon, boy, Milky Way.
(b) Sun, boy, King of Cats, Marmalade Man.
(c) Air, moon, Milky Way, star.
(d) Sun, moon, air, star.
3. Which character wakes up during Poem 4 and wants to know what the rumbling sound is?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The dancing moon.
(c) The king of cats.
(d) The rabbit.
4. What is the destination of the exciting journey involving fantasy characters in the Introduction?
(a) The garden.
(b) The inn.
(c) The attic.
(d) The heavens.
5. Which object mentioned in Poem 7 is below the clouds?
(a) The village.
(b) The table.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The boy.
6. Which object mentioned in Poem 2 obligingly shrinks flat?
7. Which characters play gongs and drums during Poem 5?
8. What are the two objects that the Man in the Marmalade Hat carries in Poem 5?
(a) A bird and a jewelry box.
(b) A jar of marmalade and a spoon.
(c) A box of papers and a pen.
(d) A bucket and a mop.
9. At what time of the year does the Man in the Marmalade Hat appear in Poem 5?
10. In the Frontispiece, which character asks if the others will come?
11. What does the boy request during Poem 3?
(a) A clock, a lock, a lamp, and an hourglass.
(b) A sleeping bag and tent.
(c) A pillow, a bed, a blanket, and a book.
(d) A glass of milk and cookies.
12. Who is the character outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3 that the bear warns about?
(a) The Marmalade Man.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) A cat.
(d) The girl.
13. Which two characters mentioned in Poem 4 are dancing and singing?
(a) The tiger and the sunflower.
(b) The boy and the rabbit.
(c) The Sun and the Moon.
(d) William Blake and the boy.
14. Where does the light mentioned during Poem 4 come from?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) The dancing Moon.
(c) The crouching Sun.
(d) The reflection of the stars.
15. How does the Frontispiece differ from the other poems?
(a) It has metaphorical characters.
(b) it involves fictional characters.
(c) It does not rhyme or follow standard scansion patterns.
(d) It is very long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character signs the dedication on the title page in the Introduction?
2. What is pasted on the ceiling of the room mentioned in the Introduction?
3. What does the illustration for Poem 1 contain?
4. Which character is dressed as a sailor outfit?
5. Which character possibly jumped over the moon during Poem 7?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)