|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy find instead of a bed in Poem 3?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A box.
(c) An afghan.
(d) A bear.
2. What is the emotion created during Poem 7?
3. How wide does the carriage mentioned in Poem 2 become?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A stadium.
(c) An amphitheater.
(d) A soft, grassy field.
4. Which object mentioned in Poem 2 obligingly shrinks flat?
5. What is accomplished by removing capitals and having simple, exact rhymes in Poem 2?
(a) The story is hard to follow.
(b) The reader is confused.
(c) The rhymes are forced.
(d) The poem feels like a story.
6. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
(a) A cat.
(b) The loft.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bear.
7. What is the traveler carrying?
(a) A journal and a magic box.
(b) The Milky Way.
(c) A book of poems and an umbrella.
(d) A hatbox and suitcase.
8. What does the title of Poem 1, "William Blake's Inn for Innocent and Experienced Travelers" refer to?
(a) Poems from a French author.
(b) Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience.
(c) Songs of Sorrow and Songs of Innocence.
(d) Poetry by William Shakespeare.
9. What is the main character's midnight snack in Poem 6?
(a) A dozen lobster claws.
(b) A plate of moles.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) A stew of nine mice.
10. In Poem 1, what actions are the dragons responsible for?
(a) Cooking and baking.
(b) Chasing away children.
(c) Guarding the inn.
11. Which character mentioned in Poem 5 wears dancing shoes?
(a) The boy.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
(d) The little girl.
12. What character insists on cleaning the inn in Poem 5?
(a) The Man in the Marmalade Hat.
(b) The boy.
(c) The tiger.
(d) William Blake.
13. Who is the main character of the Introduction?
(a) Miss Pratt.
(b) Nancy Willard.
14. How many couplets exist in Poem 7?
15. What is Blake's role in the illustration for Poem 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is afraid of the flashing lights during Poem 4?
2. What is the object that the cow slept on in Poem 7?
3. Which character sings during Poem 6?
4. Which character in the Introduction wonders what is real and what is not when staring at the ceiling?
5. Which character do people confuse the King of Cats with during Poem 6?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)