|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character ultimately reassures the boy in Poem 3?
(a) The bear.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The cat.
2. Which character is dressed as a sailor outfit?
(c) Marmalade Man.
3. The Frontispiece creates this tone for the remaining poems.
4. In Poem 3, who should the boy be kept safe from?
(a) The perilous starlight and the old moon's lunatic cat.
(b) The rabbit and the girl.
(c) The Marmalade Man.
(d) The bear and the rabbit.
5. Which character in the Introduction is Nancy curious about?
(b) Miss Pratt.
6. Which character do people confuse the King of Cats with during Poem 6?
(a) The King of Beasts.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Moon.
7. What is the quality of the place that the reader experience during the first verse of Poem 1?
(a) Dark and foreboding.
(b) Restful and magical.
(c) Energetic and frenetic.
(d) Violent and turbulent.
8. What are the two objects that the Man in the Marmalade Hat carries in Poem 5?
(a) A bird and a jewelry box.
(b) A box of papers and a pen.
(c) A bucket and a mop.
(d) A jar of marmalade and a spoon.
9. What is the color of the raincoat and boots mentioned in Poem 2?
(b) Spring Onions.
(c) Bright yellow.
10. What is the biggest surprise awaiting the boy inside the room in Poem 3?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) The loft.
(d) A bear.
11. Which object mentioned in Poem 7 is below the clouds?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The village.
(c) The table.
(d) The boy.
12. Where does the light mentioned during Poem 4 come from?
(a) The reflection of the stars.
(b) The dancing Moon.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) The crouching Sun.
13. Which object is always present in Poem 7?
(a) The weather vane.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The wren.
(d) The table.
14. Which characters mentioned during Poem 6 sleep in the upper regions of the house?
(a) The mice.
(b) The children.
(c) The moles.
(d) The hedgehogs.
15. Which two characters mentioned in Poem 4 are dancing and singing?
(a) William Blake and the boy.
(b) The tiger and the sunflower.
(c) The boy and the rabbit.
(d) The Sun and the Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is still snoozing during all the activity of Poem 5?
2. Which character wakes up during Poem 4 and wants to know what the rumbling sound is?
3. What kind of a journey is the traveler embarking upon?
4. At what time of the year does the Man in the Marmalade Hat appear in Poem 5?
5. What is Blake's role in the illustration for Poem 2?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)