|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poem 6, "The King of Cats Orders an Early Breakfast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character signs the dedication on the title page in the Introduction?
(c) Miss Pratt.
(d) Nancy Willard.
2. Who is the character outside the inn mentioned in Poem 3 that the bear warns about?
(a) The Marmalade Man.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) The girl.
(d) A cat.
3. In the Frontispiece, which character says they are already there?
4. Which character mentioned during Poem 4 surprisingly moves in the middle of the night?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The boy.
(c) The sunflower.
(d) The rabbit.
5. Which character sings during Poem 6?
(a) The King of Cats.
(b) William Blake.
(c) The King of Beasts.
(d) The boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character smiles in the sky in Poem 6?
2. What is Nancy Willard's role that gives her insight into the poetic form of Poem 1?
3. What does the boy's friend tell him will be as soft as hay in Poem 3?
4. What object mentioned in Poem 2 contains the inscription "Blake's Celestial Limousine?"
5. What aspects of the characters is displayed in the illustration of Poem 2?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)