|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poem 5, "The Man in the Marmalade Hat Arrives".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rhythmic pattern of Poem 4?
2. Which object mentioned in Poem 2 obligingly shrinks flat?
3. Which two characters are dressed in tails in Poem 5?
(a) The Man in the Marmalade Hat and William Blake.
(b) The raccoon and the hedgehog.
(c) The rabbit and the tiger.
(d) The two children.
4. Which character signs the dedication on the title page in the Introduction?
(b) Nancy Willard.
(d) Miss Pratt.
5. What is the traveler carrying?
(a) A journal and a magic box.
(b) A book of poems and an umbrella.
(c) A hatbox and suitcase.
(d) The Milky Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy find instead of a bed in Poem 3?
2. Which two characters mentioned in Poem 4 are dancing and singing?
3. Which character rings a bell in Poem 4?
4. What does the boy's friend tell him will be as soft as hay in Poem 3?
5. Which character in the Introduction had measles at seven?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)