|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poem 1, "William Blake's Inn for Innocent and Experienced Travelers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the title of Poem 1, "William Blake's Inn for Innocent and Experienced Travelers" refer to?
(a) Poetry by William Shakespeare.
(b) Poems from a French author.
(c) Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience.
(d) Songs of Sorrow and Songs of Innocence.
2. The Frontispiece creates this tone for the remaining poems.
3. When asked if the other characters are coming, which character in the Frontispiece replies "soon"?
(a) Marmalade Man.
4. What is the quality of the place that the reader experience during the first verse of Poem 1?
(a) Restful and magical.
(b) Violent and turbulent.
(c) Dark and foreboding.
(d) Energetic and frenetic.
5. Who are the characters in Poem 1 that make snowmen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the Frontispiece wants to know how far the journey will be?
2. What is the poetic form of Poem 1, "William Blake's Inn for Innocent and Experienced Travelers?"
3. What is Nancy Willard's role that gives her insight into the poetic form of Poem 1?
4. How does the Frontispiece differ from the other poems?
5. What is the destination of the exciting journey involving fantasy characters in the Introduction?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)