|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not fit into the same category, according to the coach?
2. How many guests attended the ill-fated party?
3. At whose apartment does the group gather?
4. Sasha's mother had hired ___ psychiatrists.
5. What is the name of the friend that sits out on the terrace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jules' opinion about Kitty upon first meeting the starlet?
2. Who is La Doll? What caused her fall from grace?
3. What has happened to Sasha since she has been gone?
4. What is Dolly's plan for the general? What happens?
5. Who is Bosco? Why is the washed up musician important to Steph and Bennie?
6. Explain the scene at Lizzie's apartment.
7. Who offers Dolly a job that could spare her from further financial ruin?
8. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
9. What is the first disaster encountered by Dolly in this new job?
10. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "After Lincoln's Game."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The music business is one of the main themes in Jennifer Egan's "A Visit from the Goon Squad. Bennie is the first person to show real interest in the music business. While many high school kids are in bands and are absorbed by the music scene, Bennie Salazar seems to be interested in everything from the music itself to how it is recorded, produced and promoted. This interest leads Bennie into a life long career in the music business with all of its changes, ups and downs. Examine Bennie's career in the music business including the stint with the Flaming Dildos, work at Revolver Records and his involvement with Lou Kline.
Essay Topic 2
Bosco is a cliché in the music industry. Explain Bosco's rise and fall in the music industry. Also examine what might happen to Bosco on his tour and if he will be able to make a comeback before he dies.
Essay Topic 3
Redemption is one of the main themes in the story. Each of the characters seems to go through a dark period. This is especially true of Sasha, whose entire background is revealed in various chapters. Sasha was a run away, did drugs, had many injuries and a rough life on the streets or in run down places all over the world, including Naples. Jocelyn may have the darkest past of all. Jocelyn fell into a bad lifestyle at a young age and spent her life from then on in and out of drug rehab and having bad experiences. Discuss redemption and how it applies to Sasha, Jocelyn, and Bennie. Explain in detail how and why each character felt the need to be redeemed.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)