|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Stephanie's partner?
2. When a song isn't really over, Alison feels ________.
3. "Songs with ____'s Comments" is one section of the presentation.
4. What is Stephanie's occupation?
5. How many guests attended the ill-fated party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
2. What is the first disaster encountered by Dolly in this new job?
3. What is the purpose of Ted Hollander's trip to Italy?
4. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "In the Desert."
5. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "One Night Later."
6. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "In My Room."
7. What happens after the interview ends?
8. How does Sasha explain her past to Rob?
9. What has happened to Sasha since she has been gone?
10. What is Dolly's plan for the general? What happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The music business is one of the main themes in Jennifer Egan's "A Visit from the Goon Squad. Bennie is the first person to show real interest in the music business. While many high school kids are in bands and are absorbed by the music scene, Bennie Salazar seems to be interested in everything from the music itself to how it is recorded, produced and promoted. This interest leads Bennie into a life long career in the music business with all of its changes, ups and downs. Examine Bennie's career in the music business including the stint with the Flaming Dildos, work at Revolver Records and his involvement with Lou Kline.
Essay Topic 2
Redemption is one of the main themes in the story. Each of the characters seems to go through a dark period. This is especially true of Sasha, whose entire background is revealed in various chapters. Sasha was a run away, did drugs, had many injuries and a rough life on the streets or in run down places all over the world, including Naples. Jocelyn may have the darkest past of all. Jocelyn fell into a bad lifestyle at a young age and spent her life from then on in and out of drug rehab and having bad experiences. Discuss redemption and how it applies to Sasha, Jocelyn, and Bennie. Explain in detail how and why each character felt the need to be redeemed.
Essay Topic 3
All of the characters in the book are connected in some way, albeit it often loosely. At times the connections might be difficult to find. Explain the connections of each character and why that character and his/her connections are a valid and integral part to the story.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)