|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Stephanie's brother go to prison?
2. Stephanie's brother jokes about the town being filled with _____.
3. Sasha has recently returned from ____.
4. Jules signs on to be a ____.
5. What is the name of Sasha's supposed friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "One Night Later."
2. What has happened to Sasha since she has been gone?
3. What is the reason for the arrival of Jules? How does Stephanie react to his presence?
4. How does Sasha explain her past to Rob?
5. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "After Lincoln's Game."
6. Who offers Dolly a job that could spare her from further financial ruin?
7. What is the first disaster encountered by Dolly in this new job?
8. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
9. Who is Bosco? Why is the washed up musician important to Steph and Bennie?
10. Who is La Doll? What caused her fall from grace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Bennie Salazar. What types of things would Bennie be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Bennie have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his superstars, lovers, childhood friends? How might Bennie describe how he felt before, during and after his stint at Sow's Ear Records?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Sasha. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Sasha's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Sasha a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 3
Redemption is one of the main themes in the story. Each of the characters seems to go through a dark period. This is especially true of Sasha, whose entire background is revealed in various chapters. Sasha was a run away, did drugs, had many injuries and a rough life on the streets or in run down places all over the world, including Naples. Jocelyn may have the darkest past of all. Jocelyn fell into a bad lifestyle at a young age and spent her life from then on in and out of drug rehab and having bad experiences. Discuss redemption and how it applies to Sasha, Jocelyn, and Bennie. Explain in detail how and why each character felt the need to be redeemed.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)