|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kitty remove from her purse during the meeting?
2. What was the name of the man's band during his heyday?
3. At whose apartment does the group gather?
4. Sasha's mother had hired ___ psychiatrists.
5. Who interviews Kitty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Bosco's plans?
2. What technique does Jules use to try to get Kitty to open up?
3. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
4. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "After Lincoln's Game."
5. What does Jules say about the fact that he likes to talk about himself more than his subject?
6. What is the reason for the arrival of Jules? How does Stephanie react to his presence?
7. Who is Bosco? Why is the washed up musician important to Steph and Bennie?
8. Where does Ted's interest lie while he is in Europe?
9. Who offers Dolly a job that could spare her from further financial ruin?
10. Who is La Doll? What caused her fall from grace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Bennie Salazar. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Bennie's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Bennie a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Dolly. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Dolly's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Dolly a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses flashbacks as a way to give a background to many of the characters. Examine the use of flashback and your opinion on its effectiveness. Give at least three examples.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)