|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One song bears the name of this woman:
2. What does Stephanie find in Bennie's pocket?
3. What was the name of the man's band during his heyday?
4. The hotel overlooked which body of water?
5. Stephanie's brother jokes about the town being filled with _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
2. What is Dolly's plan for the general? What happens?
3. Explain the scene at Lizzie's apartment.
4. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "In the Desert."
5. What has happened to Sasha since she has been gone?
6. What is the first disaster encountered by Dolly in this new job?
7. What happens when Ted finds Sasha?
8. What is the purpose of Ted Hollander's trip to Italy?
9. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "After Lincoln's Game."
10. What is the reason for the arrival of Jules? How does Stephanie react to his presence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Lou Kline. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Lou's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Lou a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 2
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Sasha. Discuss Sasha's past history in regards to psychiatric care. What would a psychiatrist say about Sasha's need to steal? Was Sasha mentally ill or did something else cause her to act out? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Sasha have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Bennie and Scotty. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship changed/evolved over the past twenty years? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)