|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing turns out to be a PR disaster?
2. What is the name of Sasha's boyfriend?
3. Alison refers to timing in a ____ form.
4. The general is guilty of which crime?
5. What happens to Kitty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is La Doll? What caused her fall from grace?
2. What happens when Ted finds Sasha?
3. What is Jules' opinion about Kitty upon first meeting the starlet?
4. What is the reason for the arrival of Jules? How does Stephanie react to his presence?
5. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "One Night Later."
6. What is the first disaster encountered by Dolly in this new job?
7. What is the purpose of Ted Hollander's trip to Italy?
8. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "In the Desert."
9. What are Bosco's plans?
10. Who is Robert Freeman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Redemption is one of the main themes in the story. Each of the characters seems to go through a dark period. This is especially true of Sasha, whose entire background is revealed in various chapters. Sasha was a run away, did drugs, had many injuries and a rough life on the streets or in run down places all over the world, including Naples. Jocelyn may have the darkest past of all. Jocelyn fell into a bad lifestyle at a young age and spent her life from then on in and out of drug rehab and having bad experiences. Discuss redemption and how it applies to Sasha, Jocelyn, and Bennie. Explain in detail how and why each character felt the need to be redeemed.
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Lou Kline. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Lou's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Lou a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 3
The music business is one of the main themes in Jennifer Egan's "A Visit from the Goon Squad. Bennie is the first person to show real interest in the music business. While many high school kids are in bands and are absorbed by the music scene, Bennie Salazar seems to be interested in everything from the music itself to how it is recorded, produced and promoted. This interest leads Bennie into a life long career in the music business with all of its changes, ups and downs. Examine Bennie's career in the music business including the stint with the Flaming Dildos, work at Revolver Records and his involvement with Lou Kline.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)