|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which New York landmark is mentioned?
2. To whom does Kitty send a letter of apology?
3. What is La Doll's real name?
4. Where was Sasha dumped by her drummer boyfriend?
5. What does Kitty remove from her purse during the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for the arrival of Jules? How does Stephanie react to his presence?
2. Where does Ted's interest lie while he is in Europe?
3. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "One Night Later."
4. What is Jules' opinion about Kitty upon first meeting the starlet?
5. Who offers Dolly a job that could spare her from further financial ruin?
6. What happens after the interview ends?
7. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "In the Desert."
8. What are Bosco's plans?
9. What is Dolly's plan for the general? What happens?
10. What is the purpose of Ted Hollander's trip to Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters used in the story still have a lot left that can be explored. Write a detailed synopsis of a sequel to "A Visit from the Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan.
Essay Topic 2
All of the characters in the book are connected in some way, albeit it often loosely. At times the connections might be difficult to find. Explain the connections of each character and why that character and his/her connections are a valid and integral part to the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Egan's use of San Francisco for the setting in the story. Why do you think Egan chose San Francisco? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than San Francisco? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by the characters? Explain.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)