|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bennie and his wife, Stephanie, move to _____, NY.
2. The hotel overlooked which body of water?
3. The hotel overlooked which street?
4. Stephanie's brother jokes about the town being filled with _____.
5. Ted dreams about artifacts in ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is La Doll? What caused her fall from grace?
2. Who is Robert Freeman?
3. Who is Bosco? Why is the washed up musician important to Steph and Bennie?
4. What is the purpose of Ted Hollander's trip to Italy?
5. What does Jules say about the fact that he likes to talk about himself more than his subject?
6. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "In My Room."
7. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "One Night Later."
8. What are Bosco's plans?
9. Where does Ted's interest lie while he is in Europe?
10. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The last chapter of the book explains great leaps in technology and how they are used in the business world as well as in people's lives. Explain the new and advanced technologies. Give your opinion on the importance and use of each.
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Bennie Salazar. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Bennie's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Bennie a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 3
Bennie eventually opens his own record label, Sow's Ear Records, in New York. Bennie's first big break comes with a band he signs. The Conduits go multi-platinum and Bennie's career takes off. Examine the rise and fall of Sow's Ear Records. What does it take to start a record company? How did the industry change from the time Bennie started the business until the time he was fired? How did Bennie return to his roots?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)