|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the aide?
2. Jules signs on to be a ____.
3. What is the name of Sasha's boyfriend?
4. "Movie stars always look ____ when you see them."
5. Which was not on the list of names considered for Stephanie and Bennie's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jules' opinion about Kitty upon first meeting the starlet?
2. What is the first disaster encountered by Dolly in this new job?
3. What happens when Ted finds Sasha?
4. Where does Ted's interest lie while he is in Europe?
5. What does Jules say about the fact that he likes to talk about himself more than his subject?
6. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
7. What is the reason for the arrival of Jules? How does Stephanie react to his presence?
8. What technique does Jules use to try to get Kitty to open up?
9. Explain the scene at Lizzie's apartment.
10. How does Sasha explain her past to Rob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Sasha. Discuss Sasha's past history in regards to psychiatric care. What would a psychiatrist say about Sasha's need to steal? Was Sasha mentally ill or did something else cause her to act out? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Sasha have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Dolly. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Dolly's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Dolly a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Bennie Salazar. What types of things would Bennie be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Bennie have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his superstars, lovers, childhood friends? How might Bennie describe how he felt before, during and after his stint at Sow's Ear Records?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)