|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kitty's new movie?
2. "Movie stars always look ____ when you see them."
3. What happens to Kitty?
4. Kitty refers to which famous actress?
5. How many guests attended the ill-fated party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dolly's plan for the general? What happens?
2. How does Sasha explain her past to Rob?
3. Who is Bosco? Why is the washed up musician important to Steph and Bennie?
4. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "One Night Later."
5. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "After Lincoln's Game."
6. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
7. What happens after the interview ends?
8. Who is Robert Freeman?
9. What technique does Jules use to try to get Kitty to open up?
10. What is Jules' opinion about Kitty upon first meeting the starlet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Bennie and Scotty. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship changed/evolved over the past twenty years? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically?
Essay Topic 2
The characters used in the story still have a lot left that can be explored. Write a detailed synopsis of a sequel to "A Visit from the Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into "A Visit from the Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character did you like better? Explain.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)