|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kitty attacked?
2. "Movie stars always look ____ when you see them."
3. Who writes this chapter?
4. Kitty refers to which famous actress?
5. Alison refers to timing in a ____ form.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Ted Hollander's trip to Italy?
2. Who is Bosco? Why is the washed up musician important to Steph and Bennie?
3. What happens after the interview ends?
4. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
5. What is the first disaster encountered by Dolly in this new job?
6. Explain the incident at the beach along the East River.
7. What has happened to Sasha since she has been gone?
8. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "In the Desert."
9. Explain the scene at Lizzie's apartment.
10. What happens when Ted finds Sasha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All of the characters in the book are connected in some way, albeit it often loosely. At times the connections might be difficult to find. Explain the connections of each character and why that character and his/her connections are a valid and integral part to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Lou Kline. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Lou's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Lou a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Bennie Salazar. What types of things would Bennie be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Bennie have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his superstars, lovers, childhood friends? How might Bennie describe how he felt before, during and after his stint at Sow's Ear Records?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)