|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie's real name?
2. What is the name of the record company where Bennie works while in high school?
3. Who is Bennie's assistant?
4. The young warrior will eventually move to which city?
5. What is the name of the town in which Bennie lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene in which Scotty visits Bennie's office.
2. How does Mindy relate her theories to Charlie and Rolph?
3. How does Sasha react to the woman's pleas? What happens next?
4. Explain the conversation between Sasha and Bennie on the way back to the city.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Bennie meets with record executives. What is the topic of conversation?
6. How does Lou explain women to young Rolph?
7. What are Alex's impressions of Sasha's apartment?
8. What does Rhea say about the group's band? Who are they?
9. What does Jocelyn say about her past?
10. Explain some of Charlie's behaviors during the early part of the safari that shows her displeasure with her father.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Sasha and Bennie. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might Bennie's confession affect the relationship? Why do you think Sasha stays on at Sow's Ear? What might happen to the Bennie if Sasha left? How will it affect the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Bosco is a cliché in the music industry. Explain Bosco's rise and fall in the music industry. Also examine what might happen to Bosco on his tour and if he will be able to make a comeback before he dies.
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Dolly. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Dolly's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Dolly a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)