|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Bennie receive as a gift?
2. One of the members of the party is attacked by a ____.
3. How many sisters does Alice have?
4. How much did the stolen pen cost?
5. What is the name of the record company where Bennie works while in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Scotty doing in the beginning of the chapter?
2. Who is Bosco? Why is the washed up musician important to Steph and Bennie?
3. Who is La Doll? What caused her fall from grace?
4. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "One Night Later."
5. Discuss the gig at the Mab. Who is present? How does the gig turn out?
6. What is the purpose of Ted Hollander's trip to Italy?
7. What is Jules' opinion about Kitty upon first meeting the starlet?
8. What happens after the interview ends?
9. What is the purpose of the visit to Lou's house?
10. What has happened to Sasha since she has been gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Bennie Salazar. What types of things would Bennie be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Bennie have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his superstars, lovers, childhood friends? How might Bennie describe how he felt before, during and after his stint at Sow's Ear Records?
Essay Topic 2
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Sasha. Discuss Sasha's past history in regards to psychiatric care. What would a psychiatrist say about Sasha's need to steal? Was Sasha mentally ill or did something else cause her to act out? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Sasha have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
The last chapter of the book explains great leaps in technology and how they are used in the business world as well as in people's lives. Explain the new and advanced technologies. Give your opinion on the importance and use of each.
This section contains 1,966 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)