|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice live?
2. What disease killed Jocelyn's father?
3. How many children does Rhea have?
4. How old was Sasha when her father left?
5. What tool did Sasha steal from the plumber?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the conflict of communication between Alex and Lulu.
2. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
3. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
4. Where does Ted's interest lie while he is in Europe?
5. What has happened to Sasha since she has been gone?
6. What does Rhea say about the group's band? Who are they?
7. Explain the scene in which Scotty visits Bennie's office.
8. Explain Mindy's studies and her observations about Cora.
9. What is Scotty's opinion about computer technology?
10. Explain Bennie's thoughts about the girl band and how it triggers a memory of his youth. What is the song title that comes out of that memory?
Essay Topic 1
Bennie eventually opens his own record label, Sow's Ear Records, in New York. Bennie's first big break comes with a band he signs. The Conduits go multi-platinum and Bennie's career takes off. Examine the rise and fall of Sow's Ear Records. What does it take to start a record company? How did the industry change from the time Bennie started the business until the time he was fired? How did Bennie return to his roots?
Essay Topic 2
The last chapter of the book explains great leaps in technology and how they are used in the business world as well as in people's lives. Explain the new and advanced technologies. Give your opinion on the importance and use of each.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Bennie and Scotty. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship changed/evolved over the past twenty years? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically?
This section contains 2,090 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)