Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice live?
2. What disease killed Jocelyn's father?
3. How many children does Rhea have?
4. How old was Sasha when her father left?
5. What tool did Sasha steal from the plumber?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the conflict of communication between Alex and Lulu.
2. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
3. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
4. Where does Ted's interest lie while he is in Europe?
5. What has happened to Sasha since she has been gone?
6. What does Rhea say about the group's band? Who are they?
7. Explain the scene in which Scotty visits Bennie's office.
8. Explain Mindy's studies and her observations about Cora.
9. What is Scotty's opinion about computer technology?
10. Explain Bennie's thoughts about the girl band and how it triggers a memory of his youth. What is the song title that comes out of that memory?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Sasha and Bennie. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might Bennie's confession affect the relationship? Why do you think Sasha stays on at Sow's Ear? What might happen to the Bennie if Sasha left? How will it affect the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Write your own story based on at least two characters in "A Visit from the Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan. Use Sasha or Bennie as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Bennie Salazar. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Bennie's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Bennie a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)