|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rhea's oldest daughter?
2. With whom did Jocelyn have her first kiss?
3. What is the name of the high school hangout?
4. Bennie's old house is in the ____ style.
5. Where does Jocelyn live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first disaster encountered by Dolly in this new job?
2. What is Dolly's plan for the general? What happens?
3. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
4. What technique does Jules use to try to get Kitty to open up?
5. What is Bennie's opinion of the current state of the music business?
6. Explain the gold cure. What is Bennie's explanation to his son?
7. What is the purpose of Ted Hollander's trip to Italy?
8. Who is La Doll? What caused her fall from grace?
9. How does Lou explain women to young Rolph?
10. What is Scotty's opinion about computer technology?
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Lou Kline. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Lou's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Lou a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Dolly. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Dolly's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Dolly a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 3
Bennie eventually opens his own record label, Sow's Ear Records, in New York. Bennie's first big break comes with a band he signs. The Conduits go multi-platinum and Bennie's career takes off. Examine the rise and fall of Sow's Ear Records. What does it take to start a record company? How did the industry change from the time Bennie started the business until the time he was fired? How did Bennie return to his roots?
This section contains 2,058 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)