|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the record company where Bennie works while in high school?
2. What is the name of the girl band?
3. Where does Sasha meet her date?
4. What is the name of Lou's girlfriend?
5. What is the name of Bennie's barber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Scotty doing in the beginning of the chapter?
2. What does Scotty say about his job as a janitor?
3. Explain Bennie's thoughts about the girl band and how it triggers a memory of his youth. What is the song title that comes out of that memory?
4. Give an example of the material included in the Power Point slide titled "In My Room."
5. Who is Chronos? What does he do that nearly gets him killed?
6. Explain the scene in which Scotty visits Bennie's office.
7. What event occurs in the bathroom of the Lassimo Hotel?
8. Explain Alex's task.
9. How does Lou explain women to young Rolph?
10. How does Sasha react to the woman's pleas? What happens next?
Essay Topic 1
All of the characters in the book are connected in some way, albeit it often loosely. At times the connections might be difficult to find. Explain the connections of each character and why that character and his/her connections are a valid and integral part to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Redemption is one of the main themes in the story. Each of the characters seems to go through a dark period. This is especially true of Sasha, whose entire background is revealed in various chapters. Sasha was a run away, did drugs, had many injuries and a rough life on the streets or in run down places all over the world, including Naples. Jocelyn may have the darkest past of all. Jocelyn fell into a bad lifestyle at a young age and spent her life from then on in and out of drug rehab and having bad experiences. Discuss redemption and how it applies to Sasha, Jocelyn, and Bennie. Explain in detail how and why each character felt the need to be redeemed.
Essay Topic 3
The characters used in the story still have a lot left that can be explored. Write a detailed synopsis of a sequel to "A Visit from the Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan.
This section contains 2,134 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)