|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lou decides to take his son on a trip to participate in which sport?
2. Who receives a letter from a long lost friend?
3. What color are the chairs in Bennie's office?
4. With whom did Jocelyn have her first kiss?
5. Rhea says that they are all sick of the _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Bennie's thoughts about the girl band and how it triggers a memory of his youth. What is the song title that comes out of that memory?
2. What does Jocelyn say about her past?
3. What is the purpose of the visit to Lou's house?
4. What happens as Jocelyn reflects on her past experiences with Lou and Rolph?
5. What event occurs in the bathroom of the Lassimo Hotel?
6. What is Scotty doing in the beginning of the chapter?
7. Explain Mindy's studies and her observations about Cora.
8. Explain some of Charlie's behaviors during the early part of the safari that shows her displeasure with her father.
9. Explain the author's flash forward. What becomes of each character?
10. What is Bennie's opinion of the current state of the music business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Bennie Salazar. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Bennie's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Bennie a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie had a lot of issues with Lou in her youth. There were some flashbacks about Charlie's childhood including suffering through her father's marriages. Write an essay explaining Charlie's point of view regarding her childhood. What happened to Charlie? How did she act out? How did the experience change Charlie? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Dolly. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Dolly's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Dolly a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)