Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice live?
2. What disease killed Jocelyn's father?
3. How many children does Rhea have?
4. How old was Sasha when her father left?
5. What tool did Sasha steal from the plumber?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the conflict of communication between Alex and Lulu.
2. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
3. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
4. Where does Ted's interest lie while he is in Europe?
5. What has happened to Sasha since she has been gone?
6. What does Rhea say about the group's band? Who are they?
7. Explain the scene in which Scotty visits Bennie's office.
8. Explain Mindy's studies and her observations about Cora.
9. What is Scotty's opinion about computer technology?
10. Explain Bennie's thoughts about the girl band and how it triggers a memory of his youth. What is the song title that comes out of that memory?
Essay Topic 1
All of the characters in the book are connected in some way, albeit it often loosely. At times the connections might be difficult to find. Explain the connections of each character and why that character and his/her connections are a valid and integral part to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Egan's use of San Francisco for the setting in the story. Why do you think Egan chose San Francisco? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than San Francisco? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Bosco is a cliché in the music industry. Explain Bosco's rise and fall in the music industry. Also examine what might happen to Bosco on his tour and if he will be able to make a comeback before he dies.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)