|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the famous punk poet of that era?
2. What is the name of Scotty's fishing partner?
3. The tile in the house was imported from _____.
4. How much did the stolen pen cost?
5. Which is not one of the former band names?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lou explain women to young Rolph?
2. What event occurs in the bathroom of the Lassimo Hotel?
3. Explain the conversation between Sasha and Bennie on the way back to the city.
4. How does the woman with the stolen wallet react upon learning that her wallet is gone?
5. What is Rhea's explanation of San Francisco in 1979?
6. Explain the scene at the Stop/Go house. What happens at the music session?
7. What happens during and after the gig at the Mab?
8. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
9. What does Scotty say about his job as a janitor?
10. How does Sasha react to the woman's pleas? What happens next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Sasha and Bennie. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might Bennie's confession affect the relationship? Why do you think Sasha stays on at Sow's Ear? What might happen to the Bennie if Sasha left? How will it affect the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
The last chapter of the book explains great leaps in technology and how they are used in the business world as well as in people's lives. Explain the new and advanced technologies. Give your opinion on the importance and use of each.
Essay Topic 3
The music business is one of the main themes in Jennifer Egan's "A Visit from the Goon Squad. Bennie is the first person to show real interest in the music business. While many high school kids are in bands and are absorbed by the music scene, Bennie Salazar seems to be interested in everything from the music itself to how it is recorded, produced and promoted. This interest leads Bennie into a life long career in the music business with all of its changes, ups and downs. Examine Bennie's career in the music business including the stint with the Flaming Dildos, work at Revolver Records and his involvement with Lou Kline.
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)