|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tile in the house was imported from _____.
2. What is the name of Sasha's therapist?
3. How many children does Lou have?
4. Scotty lives under which bridge?
5. What was the name of Bennie's high school band?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman with the stolen wallet react upon learning that her wallet is gone?
2. What is Scotty's opinion about computer technology?
3. What are Alex's impressions of Sasha's apartment?
4. How does Lou explain women to young Rolph?
5. What is Sasha's philosophy on stealing from others?
6. What event occurs in the bathroom of the Lassimo Hotel?
7. What is Rhea's explanation of San Francisco in 1979?
8. Explain the scene in which Scotty visits Bennie's office.
9. What does Scotty say about his job as a janitor?
10. Who is Chronos? What does he do that nearly gets him killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bennie eventually opens his own record label, Sow's Ear Records, in New York. Bennie's first big break comes with a band he signs. The Conduits go multi-platinum and Bennie's career takes off. Examine the rise and fall of Sow's Ear Records. What does it take to start a record company? How did the industry change from the time Bennie started the business until the time he was fired? How did Bennie return to his roots?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie had a lot of issues with Lou in her youth. There were some flashbacks about Charlie's childhood including suffering through her father's marriages. Write an essay explaining Charlie's point of view regarding her childhood. What happened to Charlie? How did she act out? How did the experience change Charlie? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Bennie Salazar. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Bennie's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Bennie a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)