|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the couch in the therapist's office?
2. Which is not on Sasha's list of things to do?
3. Sasha compares the wallet to which fruit?
4. Lou decides to take his son on a trip to participate in which sport?
5. Chapter 6 is written from the point of view of ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Bennie meets with record executives. What is the topic of conversation?
2. Explain Mindy's studies and her observations about Cora.
3. How does Sasha react to the woman's pleas? What happens next?
4. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
5. Explain the scene at the Stop/Go house. What happens at the music session?
6. What is Bennie's opinion of the current state of the music business?
7. Explain the gold cure. What is Bennie's explanation to his son?
8. Discuss the gig at the Mab. Who is present? How does the gig turn out?
9. What does Scotty say about his job as a janitor?
10. How does Lou explain women to young Rolph?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The last chapter of the book explains great leaps in technology and how they are used in the business world as well as in people's lives. Explain the new and advanced technologies. Give your opinion on the importance and use of each.
Essay Topic 2
Redemption is one of the main themes in the story. Each of the characters seems to go through a dark period. This is especially true of Sasha, whose entire background is revealed in various chapters. Sasha was a run away, did drugs, had many injuries and a rough life on the streets or in run down places all over the world, including Naples. Jocelyn may have the darkest past of all. Jocelyn fell into a bad lifestyle at a young age and spent her life from then on in and out of drug rehab and having bad experiences. Discuss redemption and how it applies to Sasha, Jocelyn, and Bennie. Explain in detail how and why each character felt the need to be redeemed.
Essay Topic 3
Bosco is a cliché in the music industry. Explain Bosco's rise and fall in the music industry. Also examine what might happen to Bosco on his tour and if he will be able to make a comeback before he dies.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)