|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rhea live?
2. How many sisters does Alice have?
3. Sasha compares the wallet to which fruit?
4. Who is in love with Alice?
5. Chapter 6 is written from the point of view of ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Mindy's studies and her observations about Cora.
2. Explain the conversation between Sasha and Bennie on the way back to the city.
3. What does Jocelyn say about her past?
4. Discuss the gig at the Mab. Who is present? How does the gig turn out?
5. How does Lou explain women to young Rolph?
6. How does the woman with the stolen wallet react upon learning that her wallet is gone?
7. What is Bennie's opinion of the current state of the music business?
8. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Bennie meets with record executives. What is the topic of conversation?
9. What does Scotty say about his job as a janitor?
10. Explain some of Charlie's behaviors during the early part of the safari that shows her displeasure with her father.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The last chapter of the book explains great leaps in technology and how they are used in the business world as well as in people's lives. Explain the new and advanced technologies. Give your opinion on the importance and use of each.
Essay Topic 2
Bennie eventually opens his own record label, Sow's Ear Records, in New York. Bennie's first big break comes with a band he signs. The Conduits go multi-platinum and Bennie's career takes off. Examine the rise and fall of Sow's Ear Records. What does it take to start a record company? How did the industry change from the time Bennie started the business until the time he was fired? How did Bennie return to his roots?
Essay Topic 3
Write your own story based on at least two characters in "A Visit from the Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan. Use Sasha or Bennie as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)