|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Sasha when her father left?
2. Which is not on the list of Sasha's stolen items?
3. Which of the following is not an item in Alex's wallet?
4. How did Jocelyn meet this person?
5. The group takes an overnight train ride to which location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Bennie's thoughts about the girl band and how it triggers a memory of his youth. What is the song title that comes out of that memory?
2. Explain the scene at the Stop/Go house. What happens at the music session?
3. Explain the gold cure. What is Bennie's explanation to his son?
4. What event occurs in the bathroom of the Lassimo Hotel?
5. How does Sasha react to the woman's pleas? What happens next?
6. What is Sasha's philosophy on stealing from others?
7. Discuss the gig at the Mab. Who is present? How does the gig turn out?
8. Explain some of Charlie's behaviors during the early part of the safari that shows her displeasure with her father.
9. What is Scotty's opinion about computer technology?
10. What is Rhea's explanation of San Francisco in 1979?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Dolly. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Dolly's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Dolly a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Egan's use of San Francisco for the setting in the story. Why do you think Egan chose San Francisco? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than San Francisco? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Sasha. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Sasha's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Sasha a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)