|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed since the women have seen Lou?
2. How much did the stolen pen cost?
3. How many years ago had the girl band been signed?
4. How old was the warrior when he moved from the village?
5. With whom did Jocelyn have her first kiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during and after the gig at the Mab?
2. Explain the scene at the Stop/Go house. What happens at the music session?
3. Explain Mindy's studies and her observations about Cora.
4. What is Bennie's opinion of the current state of the music business?
5. How does the group's friendship - and the band - end?
6. Explain the author's flash forward. What becomes of each character?
7. How does the woman with the stolen wallet react upon learning that her wallet is gone?
8. Explain Bennie's thoughts about the girl band and how it triggers a memory of his youth. What is the song title that comes out of that memory?
9. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
10. What is Rhea's explanation of San Francisco in 1979?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Sasha. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Sasha's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Sasha a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 2
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Sasha. Discuss Sasha's past history in regards to psychiatric care. What would a psychiatrist say about Sasha's need to steal? Was Sasha mentally ill or did something else cause her to act out? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Sasha have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Dolly. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Dolly's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Dolly a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)