|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice live?
2. What disease killed Jocelyn's father?
3. How many children does Rhea have?
4. How old was Sasha when her father left?
5. What tool did Sasha steal from the plumber?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the conflict of communication between Alex and Lulu.
2. What do Stephanie and Bennie do to fit in?
3. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
4. Where does Ted's interest lie while he is in Europe?
5. What has happened to Sasha since she has been gone?
6. What does Rhea say about the group's band? Who are they?
7. Explain the scene in which Scotty visits Bennie's office.
8. Explain Mindy's studies and her observations about Cora.
9. What is Scotty's opinion about computer technology?
10. Explain Bennie's thoughts about the girl band and how it triggers a memory of his youth. What is the song title that comes out of that memory?
Essay Topic 1
Bennie eventually opens his own record label, Sow's Ear Records, in New York. Bennie's first big break comes with a band he signs. The Conduits go multi-platinum and Bennie's career takes off. Examine the rise and fall of Sow's Ear Records. What does it take to start a record company? How did the industry change from the time Bennie started the business until the time he was fired? How did Bennie return to his roots?
Essay Topic 2
The characters used in the story still have a lot left that can be explored. Write a detailed synopsis of a sequel to "A Visit from the Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan.
Essay Topic 3
Redemption is one of the main themes in the story. Each of the characters seems to go through a dark period. This is especially true of Sasha, whose entire background is revealed in various chapters. Sasha was a run away, did drugs, had many injuries and a rough life on the streets or in run down places all over the world, including Naples. Jocelyn may have the darkest past of all. Jocelyn fell into a bad lifestyle at a young age and spent her life from then on in and out of drug rehab and having bad experiences. Discuss redemption and how it applies to Sasha, Jocelyn, and Bennie. Explain in detail how and why each character felt the need to be redeemed.
This section contains 2,090 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)