|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. People often speak to Bennie in which language?
2. Sasha has written reviews for which magazine?
3. Which band is not on the bootleg tapes?
4. Who receives a letter from a long lost friend?
5. How many years ago had the girl band been signed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the author's flash forward. What becomes of each character?
2. What does Jocelyn say about her past?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Bennie meets with record executives. What is the topic of conversation?
4. What is Bennie's opinion of the current state of the music business?
5. Explain Bennie's thoughts about the girl band and how it triggers a memory of his youth. What is the song title that comes out of that memory?
6. What is the status of the group of kids? What are their relationships with each other?
7. How does Lou explain women to young Rolph?
8. How does the woman with the stolen wallet react upon learning that her wallet is gone?
9. How does Mindy relate her theories to Charlie and Rolph?
10. Explain the scene at the Stop/Go house. What happens at the music session?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Sasha and Bennie. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might Bennie's confession affect the relationship? Why do you think Sasha stays on at Sow's Ear? What might happen to the Bennie if Sasha left? How will it affect the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Bennie Salazar. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Bennie's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Bennie a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 3
Bosco is a cliché in the music industry. Explain Bosco's rise and fall in the music industry. Also examine what might happen to Bosco on his tour and if he will be able to make a comeback before he dies.
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)