|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Sasha when her father left?
2. The young warrior will eventually move to which city?
3. Sasha compares the wallet to which fruit?
4. Who had to go and find Charlie when she did not come back to the hotel?
5. What is the name of Bennie's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Alex's impressions of Sasha's apartment?
2. What happens as Jocelyn reflects on her past experiences with Lou and Rolph?
3. Explain the conversation between Sasha and Bennie on the way back to the city.
4. How does the group's friendship - and the band - end?
5. What is Scotty's opinion about computer technology?
6. What event occurs in the bathroom of the Lassimo Hotel?
7. Explain Mindy's studies and her observations about Cora.
8. Explain the scene at the Stop/Go house. What happens at the music session?
9. What is the purpose of the visit to Lou's house?
10. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your own story based on at least two characters in "A Visit from the Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan. Use Sasha or Bennie as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Lou Kline. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Lou's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Lou a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 3
The characters used in the story still have a lot left that can be explored. Write a detailed synopsis of a sequel to "A Visit from the Goon Squad" by Jennifer Egan.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)