|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes fishing with Scotty and Sammy?
2. Who receives a letter from a long lost friend?
3. What is the name of the pianist Bennie embarrassed onstage by using the wrong word to describe her?
4. What type of plant does Sasha have?
5. Which band is not on the bootleg tapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Alex's impressions of Sasha's apartment?
2. What is Scotty doing in the beginning of the chapter?
3. What event occurs in the bathroom of the Lassimo Hotel?
4. What does Rhea say about the group's band? Who are they?
5. Explain the author's flash forward. What becomes of each character?
6. Explain the gold cure. What is Bennie's explanation to his son?
7. What is the status of the group of kids? What are their relationships with each other?
8. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
9. How does Mindy relate her theories to Charlie and Rolph?
10. Explain the scene at the Stop/Go house. What happens at the music session?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Dolly. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Dolly's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Dolly a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Lou Kline. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Lou's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Lou a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Bennie and Scotty. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship changed/evolved over the past twenty years? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)