|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young warrior will eventually move to which city?
2. Where does the character whose point of view is shared in Chapter 6 live?
3. What is the name of the record company where Bennie works while in high school?
4. How long ago did Scotty's mother die?
5. Sasha has written reviews for which magazine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rhea say about the group's band? Who are they?
2. How does Mindy relate her theories to Charlie and Rolph?
3. What happens as Jocelyn reflects on her past experiences with Lou and Rolph?
4. What is Scotty doing in the beginning of the chapter?
5. What is Bennie's opinion of the current state of the music business?
6. What are Alex's impressions of Sasha's apartment?
7. Explain the conversation between Sasha and Bennie on the way back to the city.
8. Explain the scene at the Stop/Go house. What happens at the music session?
9. What event occurs in the bathroom of the Lassimo Hotel?
10. What is the status of the group of kids? What are their relationships with each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Sasha. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Sasha's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Sasha a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
Essay Topic 2
Bennie eventually opens his own record label, Sow's Ear Records, in New York. Bennie's first big break comes with a band he signs. The Conduits go multi-platinum and Bennie's career takes off. Examine the rise and fall of Sow's Ear Records. What does it take to start a record company? How did the industry change from the time Bennie started the business until the time he was fired? How did Bennie return to his roots?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Bennie and Scotty. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship changed/evolved over the past twenty years? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)