|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following bands does Bennie listen to in the car?
(b) Dead Kennedys.
2. Who was the famous punk poet of that era?
3. On which floor is Sasha's apartment?
4. What color is the carpet in Alice's house?
5. Sasha has written reviews for which magazine?
(b) Rolling Stone.
(d) New Yorker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the people that regularly hangs out?
2. How long ago did Scotty's mother die?
3. What is the name of the girl band?
4. What color is the wallet?
5. How did Jocelyn meet this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman with the stolen wallet react upon learning that her wallet is gone?
2. Explain the gold cure. What is Bennie's explanation to his son?
3. How does Sasha react to the woman's pleas? What happens next?
4. How does Lou explain women to young Rolph?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Bennie meets with record executives. What is the topic of conversation?
6. Explain Bennie's thoughts about the girl band and how it triggers a memory of his youth. What is the song title that comes out of that memory?
7. What happens during and after the gig at the Mab?
8. Discuss the gig at the Mab. Who is present? How does the gig turn out?
9. How does Lou react when he sees Rhea and Jocelyn? How has the atmosphere changed?
10. Explain the author's flash forward. What becomes of each character?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)