|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had to bail the migrant workers out of jail in the middle of the night?
2. Who received Ruby's portion of her family inheritance?
3. What did Ruby say she would do to Jack if he ever stepped out of line?
4. Who is the only person Tiny Fran ever "loved"?
5. What did Tiny Fran fail to inform June about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jack think that Ruby's ghost had visited him in the night?
2. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
3. Why did Frances get mad at Ruby during Tiny Fran's wedding?
4. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
5. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
6. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out? Who did Jack and Burr blame?
7. What did Roland do to Ruby's mule?
8. Who did Jack hire as a housekeeper, and what happened to make him fire the housekeeper?
9. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
10. Why was Ruby so proud of her cooking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ruby gives up her ownership of land that she inherited while Jack feels a sense of ownership for fields he has no title for. Explore why both character's feelings are both right as well as wrong.
Essay Topic 2
Explore Ruby's sense of pride, both before and after John Woodrow, as well as during childhood and adulthood.
Essay Topic 3
Select a character, such as John Woodrow, Tiny Fran, or Ruby Pitt Woodrow, and explain there views regarding entitlement of status. Be sure to cite examples from the text.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)