Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
2. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
3. When they first met, how did Jack look at Ruby?
4. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
5. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
Essay Topic 1
The title of the story is, "A Virtuous Woman". Explain who the title is referring to, and why the proverb is present at the beginning.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the theme of judgment throughout the novel, touching on:
a) Burr's judgment of Tiny Fran.
b) Mrs. Pitt and Sudie Bees conflicting judgments of the migrant workers.
c) Cecil's judgment regarding Ruby's soul.
Be sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Both John Woodrow and Jack Stokes felt inferior to Ruby. Compare and contrast their reasons and motivations for these feelings, as well as their origins.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)