Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
2. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
3. When they first met, how did Jack look at Ruby?
4. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
5. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
Essay Topic 1
Speculate on the nature vs. nurture acquisition of abusive behavior in:
a) Tiny Fran
c) John Woodrow
Be sure to cite evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the appearances of religion, including spirituality, within the text. How is religion portrayed? Is it a positive or negative force within the text?
Essay Topic 3
In the last few segments of the novel, after writing many chapters in a Southern vernacular, the author finally gives definitive information about the geographical setting of the story, being Georgia; however, there is nothing definitive stated about the era. Choose a few examples of clues regarding the setting's time period and why they further define the setting.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)