Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
2. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
3. When they first met, how did Jack look at Ruby?
4. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
5. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss examples of social class divisions within the story, being sure to touch upon:
Be sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Ruby gives up her ownership of land that she inherited while Jack feels a sense of ownership for fields he has no title for. Explore why both character's feelings are both right as well as wrong.
Essay Topic 3
Explore Ruby's sense of pride, both before and after John Woodrow, as well as during childhood and adulthood.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)