Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
2. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
3. When they first met, how did Jack look at Ruby?
4. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
5. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
Essay Topic 1
Explore Ruby's sense of pride, both before and after John Woodrow, as well as during childhood and adulthood.
Essay Topic 2
Although death and grief are recurring themes in "A Virtuous Woman", the story does contain some comic relief; for example, the appearance of Mavis and her behavior. Cite other examples of comic relief from within the text and explain not only how it enhances the story but also why it is necessary.
Essay Topic 3
Speculate on the nature vs. nurture acquisition of abusive behavior in:
a) Tiny Fran
c) John Woodrow
Be sure to cite evidence from the text.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)