|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
2. Who thought it was a bad idea to let the migrants in the Pitt's house for lunch?
3. Who informed Ruby of John's death?
4. Why did Lonnie ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
5. Before they were married, what did Ruby tell Jack she wanted him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Jack hire as a housekeeper, and what happened to make him fire the housekeeper?
2. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
3. Why did Lonnie Hoover ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
4. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
5. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
6. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
7. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
8. Before leaving home, what had been Ruby's experience with cooking?
9. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what was Ruby doing, and why?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the parenting styles of Ruby and Tiny Fran, being sure to mention:
a) The parenting that both women received from their mothers.
b) The amount of attention given to both Roland and June.
c) The roles of Jack and Burr as co-parents.
Be sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Select a character, such as John Woodrow, Tiny Fran, or Ruby Pitt Woodrow, and explain there views regarding entitlement of status. Be sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Speculate on the nature vs. nurture acquisition of abusive behavior in:
a) Tiny Fran
c) John Woodrow
Be sure to cite evidence from the text.
This section contains 1,417 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)