|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
2. Before John, what was the worst thing to happen to Ruby?
3. What did Jack think Lonnie might will to him someday?
4. What does Ruby say scares a man?
5. When recalling her diagnosis, what does Ruby think of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack meet Ruby?
2. How did Jack acquire his gun, and what did he use it for?
3. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
4. What memory did Ruby recall when thinking of her diagnosis?
5. How did Ruby die, and why was this so frustrating for Jack?
6. Why did Frances Hoover want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
7. What did Jack do while Ruby was in her coffin, and why?
8. What happened the last time Ruby saw John Woodrow?
9. What was Jack's mother like?
10. What was Jack's first impression of Ruby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a character, such as John Woodrow, Tiny Fran, or Ruby Pitt Woodrow, and explain there views regarding entitlement of status. Be sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Both John Woodrow and Jack Stokes felt inferior to Ruby. Compare and contrast their reasons and motivations for these feelings, as well as their origins.
Essay Topic 3
Explain your own definition of adulthood, whether it be an age, state of mind, acquisition of wisdom, etc. using characters from "A Virtuous Woman" as examples of your theories.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)