|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruby refused to nurse John Woodrow, but who did she say she would if she needed to?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(b) Her mother.
2. How often has Jack mentioned the lie that Ruby told him when they first met?
(a) Only on their anniversary.
(d) Every day.
3. What worried Ruby the most about dying?
(a) Where her soul would travel.
(b) If she would go to hell.
(c) If she would go to heaven.
(d) What Jack would do.
4. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
(a) Tiny Fran.
5. When they first met, how did Jack look at Ruby?
(d) Like she was something valuable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
2. When did Ruby finally visit her parents?
3. On her second day of work at the Hoover house, what did Ruby fear Tiny Fran would associate her with?
4. What is Jack's physique?
5. Who does Jack hire as a housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Ruby so proud of her cooking?
2. What does Jack think of religious people?
3. What happened when Jack tried to cook for himself after Ruby's death?
4. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
5. What did Burr do for his father when he died?
6. How did Ruby remember first meeting Jack?
7. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out? Who did Jack and Burr blame?
8. What did Jack do to prepare for Ruby's spirit to visit him?
9. Who informed June about menstruation, and why?
10. After the week they got to spend with her, why were Jack and Ruby so upset went June went home?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)