|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ruby's death, how does Jack's house become?
(c) Air conditioned.
2. Other than Jack, who did Ruby attribute her happiness to?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(d) Her mother.
3. At the reception, what did Ruby joke about doing?
(a) Tiny Fran's virginity.
(b) Jack's penguin suit.
(c) Poisoning Frances Hoover.
(d) Tiny Fran's dress.
4. Why did Jack think that he and Ruby could not have children?
(a) They never tried hard enough.
(b) It was not in God's plan.
(c) It was his fault.
(d) It was Ruby's fault.
5. What did Burr give Tiny Fran to leave?
(a) A kick in the pants.
(b) Money to buy out her half of the farm.
(c) An apartment in town.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Cecil was thrown out of the house, what did Jack have to do to calm down?
2. When did Ruby feel pleased with herself in Chapter 8?
3. Who had to bail the migrant workers out of jail in the middle of the night?
4. When did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
5. At the end of the book, what does Burr give Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the group's beach vacation.
2. Who did Jack hire as a housekeeper, and what happened to make him fire the housekeeper?
3. Before leaving home, what had been Ruby's experience with cooking?
4. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
5. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
6. What happened to John Woodrow the night before Ruby and Jack met?
7. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
8. What does Jack think of religious people?
9. After Ruby's spirit does not visit, what does Jack do the next day?
10. What did Burr do for his father when he died?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)