|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who narrates Chapter 16?
(d) It is a third person omniscient narrator.
2. How did the mule die?
(a) It was hung.
(b) It had a heart attack.
(c) Someone shot it.
(d) Natural causes.
3. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
(a) A young adult.
(b) An old lady.
(c) A little kid.
(d) A baby.
4. When was the happiest week of Ruby's life?
(a) When Tiny Fran died.
(b) The week John Woodrow died.
(c) When June stayed with her and Jack for an entire week.
(d) When Jack proposed to her.
5. Who got injured during the beach vacation?
(a) Tiny Fran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack take the sheets off his bed?
2. When Cecil described hell, what did Jack pretend he thought Cecil was talking about?
3. Why does Burr think Jack has taken the sheets off the bed?
4. What did Jack and Ruby believe happens to a person's spirit when they die?
5. How was June not ruined?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the other migrant workers criticize Ruby for?
2. What does Jack think of religious people?
3. Who did Jack hire as a housekeeper, and what happened to make him fire the housekeeper?
4. What did Burr do for his father when he died?
5. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
6. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
7. Why did Jack think that Ruby's ghost had visited him in the night?
8. Who informed June about menstruation, and why?
9. After Ruby's spirit does not visit, what does Jack do the next day?
10. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)