|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out?
2. Who is the only person Tiny Fran ever "loved"?
3. Who did Jack blame for the way Roland turned out?
(d) Tiny Fran.
4. What worried Ruby the most about dying?
(a) Where her soul would travel.
(b) If she would go to hell.
(c) What Jack would do.
(d) If she would go to heaven.
5. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
(a) To get Jack to come to church.
(b) To get a dinner invitation.
(c) To try to save Ruby's soul.
(d) To tease Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the best man at Burr's wedding?
2. What did Ruby sew for June?
3. What did Burr bury with his father?
4. After emptying the deep freezer, what does Jack eat?
5. What did Jack and Ruby believe happens to a person's spirit when they die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Frances get mad at Ruby during Tiny Fran's wedding?
2. What did Jack and Ruby think happens to the soul after death?
3. Who informed June about menstruation, and why?
4. After Ruby's spirit does not visit, what does Jack do the next day?
5. What happened when Jack tried to cook for himself after Ruby's death?
6. What did Burr do for his father when he died?
7. Why did Jack think that Ruby's ghost had visited him in the night?
8. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
9. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
10. After the week they got to spend with her, why were Jack and Ruby so upset went June went home?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)