|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first real meal that Jack tries to make after Ruby's death?
(a) Garlic chicken.
2. Other than Jack, who did Ruby attribute her happiness to?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(b) Her mother.
3. In Chapter 16, what does Jack pretend to do when visitors come to his house?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Sleep walk.
4. What does Jack say instead of "haunt"?
5. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
(a) It was laughable.
(b) They were envious.
(c) They didn't care.
(d) It made sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack and Ruby believe happens to a person's spirit when they die?
2. After finding out that John Woodrow was in the hospital, what did Ruby decide to do about the predicament?
3. Why did Jack think that he and Ruby could not have children?
4. Who mediated between Ruby and Tiny Fran when they argued about June?
5. What did John Woodrow die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jack and Ruby think happens to the soul after death?
2. What did Burr do for his father when he died?
3. What did Cecil come to Jack and Ruby's house to do?
4. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
5. After Ruby's spirit does not visit, what does Jack do the next day?
6. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
7. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
8. How did Ruby remember first meeting Jack?
9. What happened to John Woodrow the night before Ruby and Jack met?
10. What did Jack do to prepare for Ruby's spirit to visit him?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)