|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say instead of "haunt"?
2. How does Jack's first solo meal turn out?
(a) Raw and awful.
(b) The book doesn't say.
(c) He burns it.
3. What color was Tiny Fran's wedding dress?
4. When did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
(a) After June left for college.
(b) When Ruby died.
(d) When Roland left home.
5. Who was always trying to save people's souls?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jack blame for the way Roland turned out?
2. In Chapter 16, who does Jack forget is coming to his house?
3. On the housekeeper's first day, what is the first thing to break?
4. What is Jack's physique?
5. When did Ruby finally visit her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
2. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
3. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
4. How did Ruby remember first meeting Jack?
5. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out? Who did Jack and Burr blame?
6. Describe the group's beach vacation.
7. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
8. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
9. What did Jack do to prepare for Ruby's spirit to visit him?
10. Before leaving home, what had been Ruby's experience with cooking?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)