|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who threw Cecil out of the house?
2. Who attended his father's funeral with Burr?
(c) Tiny Fran.
3. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
(a) When Burr told them so.
(b) After they became the town joke.
(c) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the dogs.
(d) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the cats.
4. On the housekeeper's first day, what is the first thing to break?
(a) The TV.
(b) The door.
(c) The toilet.
(d) The table.
5. At the end of the book, what does Burr give Jack?
(b) A room in his house.
(c) A new wife.
(d) A birthday card.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wasn't allowed to go to the hospital with everyone after the vacation injury?
2. Whose inner thoughts is the reader privy to in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Jack pretend to do when visitors come to his house?
4. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
5. Who got injured during the beach vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
2. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
3. What did Jack do to prepare for Ruby's spirit to visit him?
4. Describe the group's beach vacation.
5. What did the other migrant workers criticize Ruby for?
6. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
7. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
8. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
9. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
10. What does Jack think of religious people?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)