|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruby was a child, who really did all the work around the house?
(a) Sudie Bee.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. What did Burr bury with his father?
(b) His favorite hanky.
(c) A toy Buick.
(d) His wedding ring.
3. What did Tiny Fran fail to inform June about?
(b) How babies are made.
(c) Acne treatments.
(d) Bra sizing.
4. What is the first real meal that Jack tries to make after Ruby's death?
(d) Garlic chicken.
5. After Ruby's death, how does Jack's house become?
(d) Air conditioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Cecil was thrown out of the house, what did Jack have to do to calm down?
2. Who does Jack hire as a housekeeper?
3. Who was always trying to save people's souls?
4. Who helps Jack find a housekeeper?
5. How did the mule die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
2. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
3. Why were the townspeople afraid of Ruby?
4. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
5. How did Ruby remember first meeting Jack?
6. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
7. What did Cecil come to Jack and Ruby's house to do?
8. What did Roland do to Ruby's mule?
9. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
10. Describe the group's beach vacation.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)