|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Tiny Fran ever "loved"?
2. How does Jack's first solo meal turn out?
(a) Raw and awful.
(b) He burns it.
(d) The book doesn't say.
3. What did Jack and Ruby believe happens to a person's spirit when they die?
(a) They will go to heaven.
(b) Their spirit will leave the body and do as it pleases.
(c) They will go to hell.
(d) They will cease to exist.
4. When Jack first met Ruby, what was he hauling across the yard?
5. Why does Burr think Jack has taken the sheets off the bed?
(a) They are stained.
(b) They got ripped.
(c) They are soiled.
(d) Jack is sleep walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Jack pretend to do when visitors come to his house?
2. What does the housekeeper do on the second day?
3. Why did Burr's parents not want to come to his wedding?
4. Who was miserable when Burr's family went to the beach with Jack and Ruby?
5. At the end of the second day, what happens to the housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
2. What happened when Jack tried to cook for himself after Ruby's death?
3. Why did Frances get mad at Ruby during Tiny Fran's wedding?
4. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out? Who did Jack and Burr blame?
5. Describe the group's beach vacation.
6. Why were the townspeople afraid of Ruby?
7. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
8. Why was Ruby so proud of her cooking?
9. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
10. What happened to John Woodrow the night before Ruby and Jack met?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)