|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
(a) The cats.
(b) The hamster.
(c) The neighborhood raccoon.
(d) The dogs.
2. Who attended his father's funeral with Burr?
(d) Tiny Fran.
3. After two months, why does Jack finally wash the sheets?
(a) He wet the bed.
(b) For Mavis.
(c) For Ruby.
(d) They smelled bad.
4. As a child, who did Ruby think would always be around to help her around the house?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her children.
(c) Sudie Bee.
(d) Her husband.
5. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
(b) Tiny Fran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Tiny Fran's wedding dress?
2. When John Woodrow was in the hospital, what did the other migrants think Ruby should do?
3. What did Ruby say she would do to Jack if he ever stepped out of line?
4. When was the happiest week of Ruby's life?
5. What worried Ruby the most about dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Frances get mad at Ruby during Tiny Fran's wedding?
2. What happened when Jack tried to cook for himself after Ruby's death?
3. What did Jack do to prepare for Ruby's spirit to visit him?
4. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
5. What did Cecil come to Jack and Ruby's house to do?
6. Who informed June about menstruation, and why?
7. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
8. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
9. After Ruby's spirit does not visit, what does Jack do the next day?
10. Why were the townspeople afraid of Ruby?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)