|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack's first solo meal turn out?
(a) Raw and awful.
(c) The book doesn't say.
(d) He burns it.
2. At the end of the book, what does Burr give Jack?
(a) A room in his house.
(c) A birthday card.
(d) A new wife.
3. Why does Burr think Jack has taken the sheets off the bed?
(a) They got ripped.
(b) They are soiled.
(c) Jack is sleep walking.
(d) They are stained.
4. After emptying the deep freezer, what does Jack eat?
(a) Canned soup and cereal.
(b) Burgers and fries.
(c) Stir fry.
(d) Whatever Burr cooks.
5. What is the first real meal that Jack tries to make after Ruby's death?
(b) Garlic chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who does Jack forget is coming to his house?
2. Who killed the mule?
3. Who helps Jack find a housekeeper?
4. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
5. Who was the best man at Burr's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out? Who did Jack and Burr blame?
2. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
3. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
4. Who informed June about menstruation, and why?
5. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
6. Who did Jack hire as a housekeeper, and what happened to make him fire the housekeeper?
7. Why was Ruby so proud of her cooking?
8. What does Jack think of religious people?
9. Why were the townspeople afraid of Ruby?
10. Why did Frances get mad at Ruby during Tiny Fran's wedding?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)