|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ruby lie to Jack about when they first met?
(a) That she was traveling with the migrants doing research.
(b) Her name.
(c) The fact that she was married.
(d) Her family history.
2. Who did Ruby test recipes on?
(c) Tiny Fran.
3. When Jack first met Ruby, what was he hauling across the yard?
4. As a child, who did Ruby think would always be around to help her around the house?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Sudie Bee.
5. After two months, why does Jack finally wash the sheets?
(a) For Mavis.
(b) For Ruby.
(c) He wet the bed.
(d) They smelled bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who received Ruby's portion of her family inheritance?
2. After emptying the deep freezer, what does Jack eat?
3. Who mediated between Ruby and Tiny Fran when they argued about June?
4. At the reception, what did Ruby joke about doing?
5. What did Jack and Ruby believe happens to a person's spirit when they die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cecil come to Jack and Ruby's house to do?
2. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
3. How did Ruby remember first meeting Jack?
4. What did Jack and Ruby think happens to the soul after death?
5. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
6. What did the other migrant workers criticize Ruby for?
7. Why were the townspeople afraid of Ruby?
8. What happened when Jack tried to cook for himself after Ruby's death?
9. Why did Jack think that Ruby's ghost had visited him in the night?
10. After the week they got to spend with her, why were Jack and Ruby so upset went June went home?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)