|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Burr think Jack has taken the sheets off the bed?
(a) Jack is sleep walking.
(b) They got ripped.
(c) They are soiled.
(d) They are stained.
2. Who mediated between Ruby and Tiny Fran when they argued about June?
3. What does the housekeeper do on the second day?
(b) Make phone calls.
(c) Bleach Jack's dungarees.
4. Why does Jack take the sheets off his bed?
(a) They smell of Ruby's dusting powder he had sprinkled on them.
(b) He spilled beer on them.
(c) They are ripped.
(d) He wet the bed.
5. In Chapter 16, what does Jack pretend to do when visitors come to his house?
(b) Sleep walk.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Ignore them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack's first solo meal turn out?
2. Who narrates Chapter 16?
3. When John Woodrow was in the hospital, what did the other migrants think Ruby should do?
4. Who did Ruby test recipes on?
5. At the end of the story, who does Jack think has visited him in the night?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)