|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Woodrow die of?
(a) Collapsed lungs.
(b) Heart attack.
2. Who got injured during the beach vacation?
(d) Tiny Fran.
3. After emptying the deep freezer, what does Jack eat?
(a) Stir fry.
(b) Burgers and fries.
(c) Whatever Burr cooks.
(d) Canned soup and cereal.
4. Who has June been worried about running into in town?
(d) Her mother, Tiny Fran.
5. What does the housekeeper spend the first day doing?
(a) Filling the deep freezer with food.
(b) Scrubbing the floor.
(c) Lounging and nursing a sore knee.
(d) Mowing the grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person Tiny Fran ever "loved"?
2. Who did Ruby test recipes on?
3. What did Burr give Tiny Fran to leave?
4. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
5. Who does Jack hire as a housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the other migrant workers criticize Ruby for?
2. What happened to John Woodrow the night before Ruby and Jack met?
3. What did Roland do to Ruby's mule?
4. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out? Who did Jack and Burr blame?
5. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
6. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
7. Why were the townspeople afraid of Ruby?
8. What happened when Jack tried to cook for himself after Ruby's death?
9. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
10. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)