|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wasn't allowed to go to the hospital with everyone after the vacation injury?
2. Who has June been worried about running into in town?
(c) Her mother, Tiny Fran.
3. What color was Tiny Fran's wedding dress?
4. How did Tiny Fran treat June?
(a) June was Tiny Fran's favorite child.
(b) She neglected her.
(c) She loved her.
(d) She abandoned her.
5. Who did Jack blame for the way Roland turned out?
(a) Tiny Fran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threw Cecil out of the house?
2. Why did Ruby think that she and Jack could not have children?
3. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
4. What did Ruby sew for June?
5. When Jack first met Ruby, what was he hauling across the yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
2. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
3. Before leaving home, what had been Ruby's experience with cooking?
4. Describe the group's beach vacation.
5. Who informed June about menstruation, and why?
6. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
7. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
8. What did Roland do to Ruby's mule?
9. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
10. Who did Jack hire as a housekeeper, and what happened to make him fire the housekeeper?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)