|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruby refused to nurse John Woodrow, but who did she say she would if she needed to?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(c) Her mother.
2. Who helps Jack find a housekeeper?
3. At the end of the story, who does Jack think has visited him in the night?
(d) An angel.
4. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
(a) The hamster.
(b) The neighborhood raccoon.
(c) The cats.
(d) The dogs.
5. Who married Tiny Fran and Burr?
(a) A judge.
(b) The preacher.
(c) A minister.
(d) A "civil somebody".
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
2. What finally landed Roland in jail?
3. At the end of the story, what does Jack put on for Ruby?
4. When did Ruby start taking pictures of June?
5. After Ruby's ghost doesn't visit him, what does Jack do the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
2. What did Cecil come to Jack and Ruby's house to do?
3. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
4. Describe the group's beach vacation.
5. What did Burr do for his father when he died?
6. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
7. Why did Jack think that Ruby's ghost had visited him in the night?
8. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
9. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
10. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)