|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has June been worried about running into in town?
(c) Her mother, Tiny Fran.
2. What does the housekeeper do on the second day?
(b) Make phone calls.
(d) Bleach Jack's dungarees.
3. After two months, why does Jack finally wash the sheets?
(a) He wet the bed.
(b) They smelled bad.
(c) For Ruby.
(d) For Mavis.
4. Who helps Jack find a housekeeper?
5. What did Ruby say she would do to Jack if he ever stepped out of line?
(a) Love him to death.
(b) Poison him.
(c) Cut off his legs.
(d) Shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
2. When did Ruby finally visit her parents?
3. Who married Tiny Fran and Burr?
4. Were Jack and Ruby religious?
5. Whose inner thoughts is the reader privy to in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jack and Ruby think happens to the soul after death?
2. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
3. What did Jack do to prepare for Ruby's spirit to visit him?
4. Why did Jack think that Ruby's ghost had visited him in the night?
5. Why were the townspeople afraid of Ruby?
6. What happened when Jack tried to cook for himself after Ruby's death?
7. Who did Jack hire as a housekeeper, and what happened to make him fire the housekeeper?
8. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
9. Before leaving home, what had been Ruby's experience with cooking?
10. How did Ruby remember first meeting Jack?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)