|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cecil described hell, what did Jack pretend he thought Cecil was talking about?
(a) A fictitious novel.
(b) Church activities.
(c) A porno movie.
(d) His fantasies.
2. Why did Ruby think that she and Jack could not have children?
(a) She wasn't meant to be a mom.
(b) Because of something John Woodrow gave her.
(c) They never tried hard enough.
(d) God didn't want her to.
3. What did Ruby say she would do to Jack if he ever stepped out of line?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Love him to death.
(c) Poison him.
(d) Cut off his legs.
4. On her second day of work at the Hoover house, what did Ruby fear Tiny Fran would associate her with?
(a) Her husband and the migrants her father had to bail out of jail.
(c) The town gossip.
(d) The other migrant women.
5. After Ruby's death, how does Jack's house become?
(a) Air conditioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
2. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
3. Who had to bail the migrant workers out of jail in the middle of the night?
4. When did Ruby finally visit her parents?
5. Who has June been worried about running into in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jack do to prepare for Ruby's spirit to visit him?
2. After the week they got to spend with her, why were Jack and Ruby so upset went June went home?
3. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
4. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
5. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out? Who did Jack and Burr blame?
6. How did Ruby remember first meeting Jack?
7. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
8. Who did Jack hire as a housekeeper, and what happened to make him fire the housekeeper?
9. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
10. What happened to John Woodrow the night before Ruby and Jack met?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)