|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the second day, what happens to the housekeeper?
(a) He quits.
(b) She quits.
(c) He gets fired.
(d) She gets fired.
2. When did Ruby feel pleased with herself in Chapter 8?
(a) When her bread rose.
(b) When she hugged Jack.
(c) When she sewed.
(d) When she went to sleep at night.
3. Who has June been worried about running into in town?
(c) Her mother, Tiny Fran.
4. After Cecil was thrown out of the house, what did Jack have to do to calm down?
(b) Yell at the TV.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Have a drink.
5. Whose inner thoughts is the reader privy to in Chapter 16?
(a) Cecil and Jack's.
(c) Jack and Ruby's.
(d) Jack, June, and Burr's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burr's gift do for Jack?
2. Where did Ruby hide a gun?
3. Who threw Cecil out of the house?
4. What did Ruby lie to Jack about when they first met?
5. How does Jack's first solo meal turn out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Ruby so proud of her cooking?
2. What did the other migrant workers criticize Ruby for?
3. After the week they got to spend with her, why were Jack and Ruby so upset went June went home?
4. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
5. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
6. Who informed June about menstruation, and why?
7. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
8. After Ruby's spirit does not visit, what does Jack do the next day?
9. What happened to John Woodrow the night before Ruby and Jack met?
10. What happened when Jack tried to cook for himself after Ruby's death?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)