|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ruby's ghost doesn't visit him, what does Jack do the next day?
(a) Drink and watch cartoons.
(b) Call Mavis.
2. What is Jack's physique?
(c) Short and round.
3. When did Ruby feel pleased with herself in Chapter 8?
(a) When she sewed.
(b) When her bread rose.
(c) When she hugged Jack.
(d) When she went to sleep at night.
4. In Chapter 16, who does Jack forget is coming to his house?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(b) Burr and June.
5. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
(a) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the cats.
(b) After they became the town joke.
(c) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the dogs.
(d) When Burr told them so.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the book, what does Burr give Jack?
2. Who was the best man at Burr's wedding?
3. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
4. When did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
5. Who mediated between Ruby and Tiny Fran when they argued about June?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack think of religious people?
2. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
3. How did Ruby remember first meeting Jack?
4. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
5. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
6. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
7. What did Jack and Ruby think happens to the soul after death?
8. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
9. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
10. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)