|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worried Ruby the most about dying?
(a) Where her soul would travel.
(b) If she would go to heaven.
(c) What Jack would do.
(d) If she would go to hell.
2. After Ruby's ghost doesn't visit him, what does Jack do the next day?
(b) Drink and watch cartoons.
(c) Call Mavis.
3. Who helps Jack find a housekeeper?
4. What does the housekeeper spend the first day doing?
(a) Scrubbing the floor.
(b) Filling the deep freezer with food.
(c) Mowing the grass.
(d) Lounging and nursing a sore knee.
5. What does the housekeeper do on the second day?
(c) Make phone calls.
(d) Bleach Jack's dungarees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than Jack, who did Ruby attribute her happiness to?
2. Who was miserable when Burr's family went to the beach with Jack and Ruby?
3. Ruby refused to nurse John Woodrow, but who did she say she would if she needed to?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Jack pretend to do when visitors come to his house?
5. Who does Jack hire as a housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
2. What did Cecil come to Jack and Ruby's house to do?
3. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
4. Why was Ruby so proud of her cooking?
5. Before leaving home, what had been Ruby's experience with cooking?
6. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
7. What happened to John Woodrow the night before Ruby and Jack met?
8. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
9. Why did Frances get mad at Ruby during Tiny Fran's wedding?
10. After Ruby's spirit does not visit, what does Jack do the next day?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)