|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who married Tiny Fran and Burr?
(a) A judge.
(b) A "civil somebody".
(c) A minister.
(d) The preacher.
2. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
(a) A young adult.
(b) An old lady.
(c) A little kid.
(d) A baby.
3. When was the happiest week of Ruby's life?
(a) The week John Woodrow died.
(b) When Tiny Fran died.
(c) When Jack proposed to her.
(d) When June stayed with her and Jack for an entire week.
4. What did Burr give Tiny Fran to leave?
(a) Money to buy out her half of the farm.
(b) An apartment in town.
(c) A kick in the pants.
(d) A car.
5. Who did Ruby test recipes on?
(c) Tiny Fran.
Short Answer Questions
1. After spending a week with Ruby and Jack, how did June feel about leaving?
2. What did Tiny Fran fail to inform June about?
3. When Ruby was a child, who really did all the work around the house?
4. Who did not attend Burr's wedding?
5. Who did Jack blame for the way Roland turned out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Frances get mad at Ruby during Tiny Fran's wedding?
2. After the week they got to spend with her, why were Jack and Ruby so upset went June went home?
3. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
4. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
5. Why were the townspeople afraid of Ruby?
6. Describe the group's beach vacation.
7. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out? Who did Jack and Burr blame?
8. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
9. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
10. What did Jack and Ruby think happens to the soul after death?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)