|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Jack and Ruby adopt any children?
(a) They didn't actually want kids.
(b) They had June in their lives.
(c) They weren't allowed to do so.
(d) They wanted their own.
2. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
(c) Tiny Fran.
3. After Cecil was thrown out of the house, what did Jack have to do to calm down?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Yell at the TV.
(d) Have a drink.
4. What did Burr give Tiny Fran to leave?
(a) Money to buy out her half of the farm.
(b) A car.
(c) A kick in the pants.
(d) An apartment in town.
5. What does the housekeeper do on the second day?
(c) Bleach Jack's dungarees.
(d) Make phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the best man at Burr's wedding?
2. Who was always trying to save people's souls?
3. Why did Ruby cry during the beach vacation?
4. Why did Ruby think that she and Jack could not have children?
5. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Frances get mad at Ruby during Tiny Fran's wedding?
2. What happened when Jack tried to cook for himself after Ruby's death?
3. Who informed June about menstruation, and why?
4. Before leaving home, what had been Ruby's experience with cooking?
5. Why did Jack think that Ruby's ghost had visited him in the night?
6. Why were the townspeople afraid of Ruby?
7. What did Cecil come to Jack and Ruby's house to do?
8. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
9. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
10. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)