|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did not attend Burr's wedding?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(d) His parents.
2. At the end of the story, who does Jack think has visited him in the night?
(c) An angel.
3. What did Tiny Fran fail to inform June about?
(a) Bra sizing.
(b) Acne treatments.
(d) How babies are made.
4. Why did Burr's parents not want to come to his wedding?
(a) His mother was ill.
(b) His father was ill.
(c) They hated Tiny Fran.
(d) His father was jealous of the land he was acquiring.
5. When did Ruby finally visit her parents?
(a) When she got pregnant.
(b) She never did.
(c) After she turned 30.
(d) After she married Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worried Ruby the most about dying?
2. What finally landed Roland in jail?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Jack pretend to do when visitors come to his house?
4. Who was miserable when Burr's family went to the beach with Jack and Ruby?
5. What does Jack say instead of "haunt"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Roland do to Ruby's mule?
2. What did Burr do for his father when he died?
3. Why did Jack think that Ruby's ghost had visited him in the night?
4. After Ruby's spirit does not visit, what does Jack do the next day?
5. What did Jack do to prepare for Ruby's spirit to visit him?
6. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
7. Who didn't attend Tiny Fran and Burr's wedding, and why?
8. What happened when Jack tried to cook for himself after Ruby's death?
9. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
10. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)