|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ruby react to Jack's thoughts on her diagnosis?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She leaves the room.
(d) She cries and yells at him.
2. After her first day of work in the Hoover house, what did Ruby come home to?
(a) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her lingerie.
(b) John Woodrow making dinner with another woman.
(c) John Woodrow beating another woman.
(d) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her diamonds.
3. When Ruby is in her coffin, what does Jack do?
(a) Gives her a kiss.
(b) Knocks over the casket.
(c) Fixes her make-up.
(d) Hides her ashy fingers.
4. Why did Lonnie ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
(a) Burr loved Tiny Fran.
(b) Tiny Fran was pregnant.
(c) Tiny Fran had her eye on Burr.
(d) No one else would ask her.
5. After Ruby found out her husband was injured, what did Jack offer her?
(b) A ride back to the Pitt farm.
(c) His hand in marriage.
(d) Help if she needed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
2. Before John, what was the worst thing to happen to Ruby?
3. Who is the narrator of Chapter 1?
4. Initially, how did Ruby perceive John Woodrow?
5. How much older than Ruby was Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ruby die, and why was this so frustrating for Jack?
2. What was Jack's mother like?
3. How did Jack's father die?
4. Describe John's courting of Ruby and how he presented himself to her.
5. When Jack shot his gun, what did Ruby think of and why didn't she tell Jack?
6. How was Ruby not like Jack's mother?
7. What did Jack do while Ruby was in her coffin, and why?
8. What was Jack's first impression of Ruby?
9. What did Jack think of John Woodrow?
10. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)