|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Hoover tell Tiny Fran to do?
(a) Wash her hair.
(b) Make lunch.
(c) Sit and rest.
(d) Help Ruby clean.
2. Who showed Ruby how to smoke?
(c) John Woodrow.
(d) Tiny Fran.
3. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
(a) He hadn't thought about it.
(b) Probably not.
(c) He already did.
4. What did Jack do when his father died?
(a) Yelled at Lonnie.
(b) Walked away.
(c) Yelled at God.
(d) Took a nap.
5. What did John do that was the last straw for Ruby?
(c) Beat her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack think of Ruby's dying request?
2. What did Jack do with his gun?
3. Why was Ruby chosen to work in the Hoover house?
4. How did Lonnie deal with problems?
5. When recalling her diagnosis, what does Ruby think of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John's courting of Ruby and how he presented himself to her.
2. What did Jack think of John Woodrow?
3. What happened the last time Ruby saw John Woodrow?
4. How did Jack acquire his gun, and what did he use it for?
5. What land did Jack turn down, and why?
6. What did Jack do while Ruby was in her coffin, and why?
7. How did Jack's father die?
8. What was Jack's mother like?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what was Ruby doing, and why?
10. Describe Jack's experience with women before Ruby.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)