|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John do that was the last straw for Ruby?
(d) Beat her.
2. Why did John Woodrow call Ruby a profane name?
(a) Because she wouldn't ask her father for money.
(b) She wrecked their car.
(c) She made him look bad.
(d) She called him a jerk.
3. Who is Jack's wife?
(c) Tiny Fran.
4. When they first met, what did Jack tell Ruby about her husband?
(a) He had been in a bar fight.
(b) He smelled bad.
(c) He was a jerk.
(d) He would leave her.
5. What does Jack always mess up?
(b) Showing love.
(c) Saying the right thing.
(d) Picking things up at the grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finally having enough of John, what did Ruby do?
2. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
3. What did Mrs. Hoover tell Tiny Fran to do?
4. When recalling her diagnosis, what does Ruby think of?
5. What is Ruby's bad habit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ruby cry when she found out that John Woodrow was dead?
2. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
3. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
4. What land did Jack turn down, and why?
5. How was Ruby not like Jack's mother?
6. Describe John's courting of Ruby and how he presented himself to her.
7. What kind of person was Tiny Fran?
8. What happened when Ruby's mother invited the migrant workers into the house for lunch?
9. What did Jack and Ruby think happens to the soul after death?
10. What happened to John Woodrow the night before Ruby and Jack met?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)