|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruby is in her coffin, what does Jack do?
(a) Hides her ashy fingers.
(b) Knocks over the casket.
(c) Fixes her make-up.
(d) Gives her a kiss.
2. What does Jack say are the two things that carry on after you die?
(a) The world and universe.
(b) Love and freedom.
(c) Friends and relatives.
(d) Land and children.
3. Why was Ruby chosen to work in the Hoover house?
(a) No one else wanted to.
(b) She volunteered.
(c) John set it up for her.
(d) She didn't look like she had the gall to steal anything.
4. Who had Jack proposed to before Ruby?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(b) No one.
(d) Every girl in town.
5. Before John, what was the worst thing to happen to Ruby?
(a) Her grandmother died.
(b) Her father beat her up once.
(c) She was kidnapped.
(d) She was raped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruby think of when Jack shot his gun?
2. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
3. What did Jack admire about Ruby?
4. What does Ruby wish she could change?
5. Who is the narrator of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jack do while Ruby was in her coffin, and why?
2. Describe Jack's experience with women before Ruby.
3. What was Jack's mother like?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what was Ruby doing, and why?
5. What happened the last time Ruby saw John Woodrow?
6. How did Jack meet Ruby?
7. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
8. What did Ruby and Jack's mother have in common?
9. Why did Lonnie Hoover ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
10. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)