|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After lunching in the Pitt's house, where did the migrant workers eat lunch afterward?
(b) In their cabins.
(c) At the diner.
(d) In the house.
2. What does Ruby say scares a man?
(a) A sick woman who was once strong.
(c) The thought of cooking for himself.
(d) Having to re-marry.
3. What did Jack like about Ruby when he first met her?
(a) She smelled nice.
(b) She was short.
(c) She wasn't flirty with him; they had a real conversation.
(d) She smoked.
4. After her first day of work in the Hoover house, what did Ruby come home to?
(a) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her lingerie.
(b) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her diamonds.
(c) John Woodrow making dinner with another woman.
(d) John Woodrow beating another woman.
5. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(c) He wasn't sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ruby die?
2. How did meeting Ruby change Jack's life?
3. How important was land to Jack?
4. Who thought it was a bad idea to let the migrants in the Pitt's house for lunch?
5. Why did Frances want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ruby get mad at Jack the day she was diagnosed with cancer?
2. How was Ruby not like Jack's mother?
3. What is Jack's last memory of Ruby?
4. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
5. How did Jack's father die?
6. What was Jack's mother like?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what was Ruby doing, and why?
8. What kind of person was Tiny Fran?
9. How did Jack acquire his gun, and what did he use it for?
10. What did Ruby and Jack's mother have in common?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)