|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupted Jack and Ruby's first conversation?
(a) John Woodrow.
(b) A migrant worker.
(d) Tiny Fran.
2. How did meeting Ruby change Jack's life?
(a) It made him angry.
(b) It made him go crazy.
(c) It defined his life; he became a man.
(d) It made him sad.
3. What does Ruby wish she could change?
(a) Her diagnosis and the way she handled Jack that day.
(b) Her name.
(c) Her whole life.
(d) Her marriage.
4. After finally having enough of John, what did Ruby do?
(a) Bought a pistol.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Beat up John.
(d) Got a divorce.
5. How does Jack react to Ruby's diagnosis?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He doesn't think she will die.
(c) He accepts that she will die soon.
(d) He vows to keep her alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ruby meet John Woodrow?
2. After Ruby found out her husband was injured, what did Jack offer her?
3. What is Ruby's dying request?
4. Who informed Ruby of John's death?
5. As a young woman, what was Ruby's most prized possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jack shot his gun, what did Ruby think of and why didn't she tell Jack?
2. What happened the last time Ruby saw John Woodrow?
3. Why did Lonnie Hoover ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
4. Describe Jack's experience with women before Ruby.
5. What did Jack think of John Woodrow?
6. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
7. What did Jack once think that Lonnie Hoover would give and didn't?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what was Ruby doing, and why?
9. What was Jack's first impression of Ruby?
10. What kind of person was Tiny Fran?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)