|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jack like about Ruby when he first met her?
(a) She wasn't flirty with him; they had a real conversation.
(b) She was short.
(c) She smelled nice.
(d) She smoked.
2. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
(a) She was beautiful.
(b) She was promiscuous.
(c) She was ugly.
(d) She was the love of his life.
3. Who showed Ruby how to smoke?
(b) John Woodrow.
(c) Tiny Fran.
4. How did Jack's father die?
(a) Natural causes.
(b) He was murdered.
(d) In a tractor accident.
5. Who is the narrator of Chapter 1?
(c) John Woodrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ruby is in her coffin, what does Jack do?
2. What does Ruby wish she could change?
3. How did John Woodrow plan to buy a house?
4. What was Ruby's upbringing like?
5. Who is Jack's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
2. Describe John's courting of Ruby and how he presented himself to her.
3. How did Jack acquire his gun, and what did he use it for?
4. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
5. What did Ruby and Jack's mother have in common?
6. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
7. What did Jack do while Ruby was in her coffin, and why?
8. How did Jack meet Ruby?
9. What did Jack once think that Lonnie Hoover would give and didn't?
10. What kind of person was Tiny Fran?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)