|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(d) He wasn't sure.
2. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
(a) Her own sorry wedding.
(b) Sudie Bee scolding a servant for sticking his fingers in the cake.
(c) Her hatred for Tiny Fran.
(d) A fancy dinner.
3. How old was Jack when his mother died?
4. What did Jack like about Ruby when he first met her?
(a) She smelled nice.
(b) She was short.
(c) She wasn't flirty with him; they had a real conversation.
(d) She smoked.
5. What is Ruby's dying request?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A hot shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack react to Ruby's diagnosis?
2. Why didn't Jack want someone else's property?
3. What did Jack think Lonnie might will to him someday?
4. What did Burr tell Lonnie he thought of Tiny Fran?
5. Why did John Woodrow call Ruby a profane name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory did Ruby recall when thinking of her diagnosis?
2. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
3. What was Jack's mother like?
4. Why did Frances Hoover want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
5. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
6. What did Jack once think that Lonnie Hoover would give and didn't?
7. How did Ruby die, and why was this so frustrating for Jack?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what was Ruby doing, and why?
9. What land did Jack turn down, and why?
10. What did Ruby and Jack's mother have in common?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)