|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ruby's first husband?
(b) John Woodrow.
(c) Lonnie Hoover.
(d) Jack Stokes.
2. What did Jack like about Ruby when he first met her?
(a) She was short.
(b) She wasn't flirty with him; they had a real conversation.
(c) She smelled nice.
(d) She smoked.
3. When Ruby is in her coffin, what does Jack do?
(a) Knocks over the casket.
(b) Hides her ashy fingers.
(c) Gives her a kiss.
(d) Fixes her make-up.
4. How important was land to Jack?
(a) Not at all.
(b) Very important.
(c) He didn't know.
(d) He was ambivalent.
5. What did Ruby think of when Jack shot his gun?
(c) Tiny Fran.
(d) John Woodrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Jack proposed to before Ruby?
2. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
3. Why did Lonnie ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
4. What is Ruby's dying request?
5. On Ruby's first day of work, what did Tiny Fran do that Ruby found appalling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ruby's upbringing and why she was unprepared for someone like John Woodrow.
2. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
3. What was Jack's first impression of Ruby?
4. What was Jack's mother like?
5. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
6. What memory did Ruby recall when thinking of her diagnosis?
7. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
8. How was Ruby not like Jack's mother?
9. What happened when Ruby's mother invited the migrant workers into the house for lunch?
10. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)