|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else did Jack love?
(b) Tiny Fran.
(c) His mother.
2. Who hated Ruby?
(c) Tiny Fran.
3. Who gave Jack a gun?
(d) Tiny Fran.
4. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
(a) Her mother told her to.
(b) He was the first to ask and she didn't have the sense to say "No."
(c) She had known him all her life and really loved him.
(d) Her father made her do it.
5. What does Jack always mess up?
(a) Showing love.
(b) Picking things up at the grocery store.
(d) Saying the right thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before John, what was the worst thing to happen to Ruby?
2. What did Jack like about Ruby when he first met her?
3. What happened on John and Ruby's wedding night?
4. How did John Woodrow plan to buy a house?
5. What often happened in the Hoover house that Lonnie did not know about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
2. What does Jack think of religious people?
3. What does Burr do for Jack, and how does this save his life?
4. Describe John's courting of Ruby and how he presented himself to her.
5. What did Jack do while Ruby was in her coffin, and why?
6. How did Jack meet Ruby?
7. Before leaving home, what had been Ruby's experience with cooking?
8. What did Jack and Ruby think happens to the soul after death?
9. Why did Ruby get mad at Jack the day she was diagnosed with cancer?
10. What kind of person was Tiny Fran?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)