|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack feel that Lonnie was partially responsible for his father's death?
(a) Lonnie owned the gun that killed Jack's father.
(b) His father was driving the tractor at Lonnie's request.
(c) Lonnie murdered him.
(d) Lonnie worked Jack's father to death.
2. How does Jack react to Ruby's diagnosis?
(a) He doesn't think she will die.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He vows to keep her alive.
(d) He accepts that she will die soon.
3. Who hated Ruby?
(c) Tiny Fran.
4. After Ruby found out her husband was injured, what did Jack offer her?
(a) A ride back to the Pitt farm.
(b) His hand in marriage.
(c) Help if she needed it.
5. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
(d) Tiny Fran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
2. What happened on John and Ruby's wedding night?
3. What often happened in the Hoover house that Lonnie did not know about?
4. How would Tiny Fran's physique best be described?
5. What did Jack admire about Ruby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack acquire his gun, and what did he use it for?
2. How did Ruby die, and why was this so frustrating for Jack?
3. How did Jack plan to win Ruby over?
4. What happened when Ruby's mother invited the migrant workers into the house for lunch?
5. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
6. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
7. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
8. What land did Jack turn down, and why?
9. What was Jack's first impression of Ruby?
10. How did Jack meet Ruby?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)