|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack react to Ruby's diagnosis?
(a) He vows to keep her alive.
(b) He doesn't think she will die.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He accepts that she will die soon.
2. Why did John Woodrow call Ruby a profane name?
(a) She made him look bad.
(b) Because she wouldn't ask her father for money.
(c) She called him a jerk.
(d) She wrecked their car.
3. What does Jack always mess up?
(a) Saying the right thing.
(b) Showing love.
(c) Picking things up at the grocery store.
4. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
(a) A fancy dinner.
(b) Her hatred for Tiny Fran.
(c) Her own sorry wedding.
(d) Sudie Bee scolding a servant for sticking his fingers in the cake.
5. How important was land to Jack?
(a) He didn't know.
(b) Very important.
(c) Not at all.
(d) He was ambivalent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
2. Why didn't Jack want someone else's property?
3. Who informed Ruby of John's death?
4. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
5. When Ruby is in her coffin, what does Jack do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jack's mother like?
2. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
3. Why did Ruby get mad at Jack the day she was diagnosed with cancer?
4. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
5. What memory did Ruby recall when thinking of her diagnosis?
6. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
7. Describe John's courting of Ruby and how he presented himself to her.
8. What did Jack think of John Woodrow?
9. What did Jack do while Ruby was in her coffin, and why?
10. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)