Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack react to Ruby's diagnosis?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He accepts that she will die soon.
(c) He doesn't think she will die.
(d) He vows to keep her alive.
2. After lunching in the Pitt's house, where did the migrant workers eat lunch afterward?
(a) In the house.
(c) At the diner.
(d) In their cabins.
3. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
(a) Lonnie was tired of having her around.
(b) To alleviate all future issues.
(c) Tiny Fran was in love.
(d) Tiny Fran would soon be a spinster.
4. Why did Lonnie ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
(a) No one else would ask her.
(b) Tiny Fran had her eye on Burr.
(c) Tiny Fran was pregnant.
(d) Burr loved Tiny Fran.
5. How did meeting Ruby change Jack's life?
(a) It defined his life; he became a man.
(b) It made him sad.
(c) It made him angry.
(d) It made him go crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Chapter 2?
2. Who is the narrator of Chapter 1?
3. How did Jack's father die?
4. What did Jack do with his gun?
5. How would Tiny Fran's physique best be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
2. Why did Frances get mad at Ruby during Tiny Fran's wedding?
3. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
4. What memory did Ruby recall when thinking of her diagnosis?
5. What did Jack and Ruby think happens to the soul after death?
6. What did Jack think of John Woodrow?
7. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
8. Before leaving home, what had been Ruby's experience with cooking?
9. What did Ruby and Jack's mother have in common?
10. Why did Lonnie Hoover ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)