|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack feel that Lonnie was partially responsible for his father's death?
(a) Lonnie murdered him.
(b) Lonnie owned the gun that killed Jack's father.
(c) His father was driving the tractor at Lonnie's request.
(d) Lonnie worked Jack's father to death.
2. After her first day of work in the Hoover house, what did Ruby come home to?
(a) John Woodrow making dinner with another woman.
(b) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her lingerie.
(c) John Woodrow beating another woman.
(d) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her diamonds.
3. What was Jack's mother like?
(c) Kind and gentle.
(d) Tough and strong.
4. How does Ruby die?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Farming accident.
(c) Old age.
(d) Car accident.
5. What was Ruby's upbringing like?
(b) Sheltered, but loving.
(c) She lived on the streets.
(d) She was neglected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hated Ruby?
2. Before John, what was the worst thing to happen to Ruby?
3. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
4. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
5. How did John Woodrow plan to buy a house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What land did Jack turn down, and why?
2. Describe Jack's experience with women before Ruby.
3. Why did Lonnie Hoover ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
4. Describe Ruby's upbringing and why she was unprepared for someone like John Woodrow.
5. How did Jack's father die?
6. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
7. Why did Ruby get mad at Jack the day she was diagnosed with cancer?
8. What did Jack think of John Woodrow?
9. How was Ruby not like Jack's mother?
10. How did Jack meet Ruby?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)