|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
(a) He hadn't thought about it.
(c) He already did.
(d) Probably not.
2. What did Jack do when his father died?
(a) Took a nap.
(b) Yelled at God.
(c) Yelled at Lonnie.
(d) Walked away.
3. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
(a) Tiny Fran would soon be a spinster.
(b) To alleviate all future issues.
(c) Lonnie was tired of having her around.
(d) Tiny Fran was in love.
4. Who had Jack proposed to before Ruby?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(b) Every girl in town.
(d) No one.
5. How important was land to Jack?
(a) He didn't know.
(b) He was ambivalent.
(c) Very important.
(d) Not at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
2. What was Jack's father like?
3. Who else did Jack love?
4. How did John Woodrow plan to buy a house?
5. Who showed Ruby how to smoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack meet Ruby?
2. What happened the last time Ruby saw John Woodrow?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what was Ruby doing, and why?
4. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
5. What did Ruby and Jack's mother have in common?
6. How did Jack acquire his gun, and what did he use it for?
7. How did Jack's father die?
8. What was Jack's first impression of Ruby?
9. What is Jack's last memory of Ruby?
10. Why did Lonnie Hoover ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)