|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
(a) Sudie Bee scolding a servant for sticking his fingers in the cake.
(b) Her hatred for Tiny Fran.
(c) Her own sorry wedding.
(d) A fancy dinner.
2. Who else did Jack love?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(c) His mother.
3. How much older than Ruby was Jack?
(a) They were the same age.
(b) One year.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Twenty years.
4. Why was Ruby chosen to work in the Hoover house?
(a) John set it up for her.
(b) She volunteered.
(c) She didn't look like she had the gall to steal anything.
(d) No one else wanted to.
5. What often happened in the Hoover house that Lonnie did not know about?
(a) Burr visited Tiny Fran.
(b) Tiny Fran burned the dinner three nights a week.
(c) The way Tiny Fran smacked around and treated Frances.
(d) Frances was having an affair in his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jack's father die?
2. What did Burr tell Lonnie he thought of Tiny Fran?
3. Where did Jack first see Ruby?
4. How does Jack react to Ruby's diagnosis?
5. What happened on John and Ruby's wedding night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Roland finally get arrested for?
2. What did Jack do to prepare for Ruby's spirit to visit him?
3. How did Jack meet Ruby?
4. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
5. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
6. How did Jack plan to win Ruby over?
7. Why did Frances get mad at Ruby during Tiny Fran's wedding?
8. How did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
9. What was Jack's first impression of Ruby?
10. Describe the group's beach vacation.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)