|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John Woodrow call Ruby a profane name?
(a) Because she wouldn't ask her father for money.
(b) She wrecked their car.
(c) She made him look bad.
(d) She called him a jerk.
2. When they had lunch in the Pitt's house, what did the migrant workers do?
(a) Cleaned up after themselves.
(b) Made a mess, broke all the dishes, and stopped up the sink.
(c) Thanked Mrs. Pitt.
(d) Stayed for dinner afterward.
3. How important was land to Jack?
(a) He was ambivalent.
(b) Not at all.
(c) He didn't know.
(d) Very important.
4. After finding her husband with another woman, what did Ruby do?
(a) Attacked her husband.
(b) Filed for divorce.
(c) Bought a pistol.
(d) Freaked out.
5. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
(a) To alleviate all future issues.
(b) Tiny Fran was in love.
(c) Lonnie was tired of having her around.
(d) Tiny Fran would soon be a spinster.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Tiny Fran's physique best be described?
2. Initially, how did Ruby perceive John Woodrow?
3. How does Jack feel about Ruby after she has passed?
4. What does Ruby realize a dying person needs?
5. On Ruby's first day of work, what did Tiny Fran do that Ruby found appalling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cecil come to Jack and Ruby's house to do?
2. Describe the group's beach vacation.
3. What did Roland do to Ruby's mule?
4. Why did Frances Hoover want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
5. How did Jack acquire his gun, and what did he use it for?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what was Ruby doing, and why?
7. What memory did Ruby recall when thinking of her diagnosis?
8. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
9. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
10. Who informed June about menstruation, and why?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)