|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
(b) Tiny Fran.
2. When they had lunch in the Pitt's house, what did the migrant workers do?
(a) Cleaned up after themselves.
(b) Made a mess, broke all the dishes, and stopped up the sink.
(c) Thanked Mrs. Pitt.
(d) Stayed for dinner afterward.
3. What did Jack do when his father died?
(a) Yelled at Lonnie.
(b) Walked away.
(c) Took a nap.
(d) Yelled at God.
4. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(d) He wasn't sure.
5. What does Ruby do for Jack before she dies?
(a) Drinks with him.
(b) Makes the bed.
(c) Fills the deep freezer with food.
(d) Does his laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informed Ruby of John's death?
2. After John's death, why didn't Ruby go back to her family's farm?
3. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
4. What does Jack always mess up?
5. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the last time Ruby saw John Woodrow?
2. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
3. How did Jack meet Ruby?
4. What is Jack's last memory of Ruby?
5. What was Jack's mother like?
6. What kind of person was Tiny Fran?
7. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
8. When Jack shot his gun, what did Ruby think of and why didn't she tell Jack?
9. What memory did Ruby recall when thinking of her diagnosis?
10. What did Jack do while Ruby was in her coffin, and why?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)