|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Chapter 2?
2. On Ruby's first day of work, what did Tiny Fran do that Ruby found appalling?
(a) Helped Ruby clean.
(b) Left the house.
(c) Slapped her mother.
(d) Vomited on the floor.
3. What did Burr tell Lonnie he thought of Tiny Fran?
(a) He was in love with her.
(b) She was his dream woman.
(c) He liked her ok.
(d) He hated her.
4. Why was Ruby chosen to work in the Hoover house?
(a) No one else wanted to.
(b) She didn't look like she had the gall to steal anything.
(c) John set it up for her.
(d) She volunteered.
5. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
(a) Lonnie was tired of having her around.
(b) Tiny Fran would soon be a spinster.
(c) To alleviate all future issues.
(d) Tiny Fran was in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jack's father like?
2. What did Jack do with his gun?
3. How would Tiny Fran's physique best be described?
4. Who else did Jack love?
5. How important was land to Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack plan to win Ruby over?
2. What memory did Ruby recall when thinking of her diagnosis?
3. How did Jack acquire his gun, and what did he use it for?
4. What was Jack's mother like?
5. Why did Frances Hoover want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
6. What did Jack once think that Lonnie Hoover would give and didn't?
7. How did Jack's father die?
8. What land did Jack turn down, and why?
9. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what was Ruby doing, and why?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)