|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Jack proposed to before Ruby?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(c) Every girl in town.
(d) No one.
2. Before they were married, what did Ruby tell Jack she wanted him to do?
(a) Buy her a car.
(b) Take care of her.
(c) Plant potatoes.
(d) Move to Florida.
3. Why did Lonnie ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
(a) Burr loved Tiny Fran.
(b) Tiny Fran had her eye on Burr.
(c) No one else would ask her.
(d) Tiny Fran was pregnant.
4. After finding her husband with another woman, what did Ruby do?
(a) Attacked her husband.
(b) Filed for divorce.
(c) Freaked out.
(d) Bought a pistol.
5. What did Jack think Lonnie might will to him someday?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(c) A tractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ruby and John get married?
2. Who informed Ruby of John's death?
3. How does Ruby react to Jack's thoughts on her diagnosis?
4. After John's death, why didn't Ruby go back to her family's farm?
5. What did Burr tell Lonnie he thought of Tiny Fran?
Short Essay Questions
1. After June left their house, what did Jack and Ruby turn to in order to fill the void?
2. What was Jack's first impression of Ruby?
3. What happened to John Woodrow the night before Ruby and Jack met?
4. Describe the group's beach vacation.
5. What did Jack and Ruby think happens to the soul after death?
6. Who did Jack hire as a housekeeper, and what happened to make him fire the housekeeper?
7. Why does Jack remove the sheets? Why does Burr think Jack has removed the sheets?
8. What kind of person was Tiny Fran?
9. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
10. How did Jack's father die?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)