|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ruby chosen to work in the Hoover house?
(a) John set it up for her.
(b) She volunteered.
(c) No one else wanted to.
(d) She didn't look like she had the gall to steal anything.
2. Why did John Woodrow call Ruby a profane name?
(a) Because she wouldn't ask her father for money.
(b) She wrecked their car.
(c) She called him a jerk.
(d) She made him look bad.
3. What does Ruby wish she could change?
(a) Her whole life.
(b) Her name.
(c) Her diagnosis and the way she handled Jack that day.
(d) Her marriage.
4. What does Jack think of Ruby's dying request?
(a) It is impossible.
(b) It is disgusting.
(c) It is reasonable.
(d) It is selfish.
5. How much older than Ruby was Jack?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) They were the same age.
(c) One year.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack's wife?
2. Who hated Ruby?
3. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
4. Who showed Ruby how to smoke?
5. Why did Jack feel that Lonnie was partially responsible for his father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack meet Ruby?
2. What happened when Ruby's mother invited the migrant workers into the house for lunch?
3. What did Jack once think that Lonnie Hoover would give and didn't?
4. What was Jack's first impression of Ruby?
5. Describe John's courting of Ruby and how he presented himself to her.
6. Why did Frances Hoover want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
7. How did Ruby die, and why was this so frustrating for Jack?
8. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
9. What was Jack's mother like?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what was Ruby doing, and why?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)