|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who showed Ruby how to smoke?
(b) Tiny Fran.
(d) John Woodrow.
2. What does Ruby realize a dying person needs?
(a) Lots of food.
(c) To be told everything is going to be ok.
(d) To be held and confronted with reality, not empty consolation.
3. What did Burr tell Lonnie he thought of Tiny Fran?
(a) He was in love with her.
(b) He liked her ok.
(c) She was his dream woman.
(d) He hated her.
4. Whose property did Jack turn down?
(a) Tiny Fran's.
5. What did John do that was the last straw for Ruby?
(a) Beat her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say are the two things that carry on after you die?
2. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
3. Why was Ruby told to clean the Hoover house so thoroughly?
4. How does Ruby die?
5. What did Ruby do that Jack loved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jack's first impression of Ruby?
2. How did Jack plan to win Ruby over?
3. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
4. What is Jack's last memory of Ruby?
5. What memory did Ruby recall when thinking of her diagnosis?
6. What land did Jack turn down, and why?
7. How did Jack's father die?
8. Why did Ruby get mad at Jack the day she was diagnosed with cancer?
9. What did Jack do while Ruby was in her coffin, and why?
10. When Jack shot his gun, what did Ruby think of and why didn't she tell Jack?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)