|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ruby think of when Jack shot his gun?
(a) John Woodrow.
(c) Tiny Fran.
2. After John's death, why didn't Ruby go back to her family's farm?
(a) Her parents wouldn't have her.
(b) She was ashamed.
(c) She couldn't remember where it was.
(d) She hated it there.
3. Whose property did Jack turn down?
(c) Tiny Fran's.
4. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(c) He wasn't sure.
5. What did Jack do with his gun?
(a) Used it for target practice.
(c) Showed it to little kids.
(d) Killed John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
2. What did Jack admire about Ruby?
3. How would Tiny Fran's physique best be described?
4. What does Ruby do for Jack before she dies?
5. When they had lunch in the Pitt's house, what did the migrant workers do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack meet Ruby?
2. What kind of person was Tiny Fran?
3. How was Ruby not like Jack's mother?
4. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
5. Who was Tiny Fran's favorite child, and how did she treat the other one?
6. Why did Jack finally decide to hire a housekeeper?
7. How did Jack's father die?
8. How did Jack acquire his gun, and what did he use it for?
9. What did Ruby and Jack's mother have in common?
10. After Ruby's spirit does not visit, what does Jack do the next day?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)