|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(b) He wasn't sure.
2. Who had Jack proposed to before Ruby?
(a) No one.
(b) Tiny Fran.
(d) Every girl in town.
3. How does Ruby die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Old age.
(d) Farming accident.
4. Who is Jack's wife?
(b) Tiny Fran.
5. What does Jack think that he will die with that will carry on?
(d) The world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
2. What was Jack's father like?
3. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
4. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
5. After her first day of work in the Hoover house, what did Ruby come home to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lonnie Hoover ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
2. What did Ruby plan to do to John Woodrow after she caught him cheating?
3. What happened when Ruby's mother invited the migrant workers into the house for lunch?
4. What did Jack think of John Woodrow?
5. What did Ruby and Jack's mother have in common?
6. What did Jack once think that Lonnie Hoover would give and didn't?
7. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
8. Describe Ruby's upbringing and why she was unprepared for someone like John Woodrow.
9. What is Jack's last memory of Ruby?
10. After they were married, how did John Woodrow treat Ruby?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)