|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wasn't allowed to go to the hospital with everyone after the vacation injury?
2. What did Tiny Fran fail to inform June about?
(a) Bra sizing.
(b) Acne treatments.
(d) How babies are made.
3. Who has June been worried about running into in town?
(b) Her mother, Tiny Fran.
4. After Ruby's ghost doesn't visit him, what does Jack do the next day?
(c) Drink and watch cartoons.
(d) Call Mavis.
5. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
(a) It was laughable.
(b) They were envious.
(c) They didn't care.
(d) It made sense.
6. Who received Ruby's portion of her family inheritance?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Sudie Bee.
(d) John Woodrow.
7. When Ruby was a child, who really did all the work around the house?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Sudie Bee.
8. At the end of the second day, what happens to the housekeeper?
(a) She gets fired.
(b) She quits.
(c) He quits.
(d) He gets fired.
9. After two months, why does Jack finally wash the sheets?
(a) For Ruby.
(b) They smelled bad.
(c) For Mavis.
(d) He wet the bed.
10. When did Ruby feel pleased with herself in Chapter 8?
(a) When she went to sleep at night.
(b) When she hugged Jack.
(c) When her bread rose.
(d) When she sewed.
11. Whose inner thoughts is the reader privy to in Chapter 16?
(a) Jack, June, and Burr's.
(b) Jack and Ruby's.
(c) Cecil and Jack's.
12. What did John Woodrow die of?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Collapsed lungs.
13. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
(a) After they became the town joke.
(b) When Burr told them so.
(c) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the cats.
(d) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the dogs.
14. After Ruby's death, how does Jack's house become?
(a) Air conditioned.
15. Ruby refused to nurse John Woodrow, but who did she say she would if she needed to?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Tiny Fran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruby sew for June?
2. Who killed the mule?
3. After spending a week with Ruby and Jack, how did June feel about leaving?
4. At the reception, what did Ruby joke about doing?
5. Where did Ruby hide a gun?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)