|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who narrates Chapter 16?
(d) It is a third person omniscient narrator.
2. What did Burr bury with his father?
(a) His wedding ring.
(c) A toy Buick.
(d) His favorite hanky.
3. Who did Jack blame for the way Roland turned out?
(c) Tiny Fran.
4. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The cats.
(c) The neighborhood raccoon.
(d) The hamster.
5. Where did Ruby hide a gun?
(a) Behind the toilet.
(b) On top of the refrigerator.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) In the bottom of her bag where the lingerie had been.
6. What did Ruby lie to Jack about when they first met?
(a) That she was traveling with the migrants doing research.
(b) Her family history.
(c) The fact that she was married.
(d) Her name.
7. Who helps Jack find a housekeeper?
8. How did the mule die?
(a) It had a heart attack.
(b) Someone shot it.
(c) It was hung.
(d) Natural causes.
9. How does Jack's first solo meal turn out?
(a) The book doesn't say.
(c) Raw and awful.
(d) He burns it.
10. Who does Jack hire as a housekeeper?
(b) Tiny Fran.
11. At the end of the book, what does Burr give Jack?
(a) A room in his house.
(c) A birthday card.
(d) A new wife.
12. At the end of the story, who does Jack think has visited him in the night?
(b) An angel.
13. After Ruby's death, how does Jack's house become?
(b) Air conditioned.
14. Why did Ruby cry during the beach vacation?
(a) She hated Tiny Fran.
(b) She cried for the babies she couldn't have.
(c) She was homesick.
(d) She was angry at Burr.
15. What is Jack's physique?
(d) Short and round.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack take the sheets off his bed?
2. After two months, why does Jack finally wash the sheets?
3. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
4. What did Jack like to do to Cecil?
5. After emptying the deep freezer, what does Jack eat?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)