|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jack blame for the way Roland turned out?
(a) Tiny Fran.
2. Who was miserable when Burr's family went to the beach with Jack and Ruby?
(d) Tiny Fran.
3. Who was the best man at Burr's wedding?
4. What did Ruby say she would do to Jack if he ever stepped out of line?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Love him to death.
(c) Cut off his legs.
(d) Poison him.
5. When did Ruby start taking pictures of June?
(a) After the pictures of the dogs came out so ridiculously.
(b) After June asked her to.
(c) After she realized she didn't have any.
(d) After the pictures of the cats came out so ridiculously.
6. Who did Ruby test recipes on?
(b) Tiny Fran.
7. At the end of the story, who does Jack think has visited him in the night?
(b) An angel.
8. When Jack first met Ruby, what was he hauling across the yard?
9. Who helps Jack find a housekeeper?
10. After two months, why does Jack finally wash the sheets?
(a) For Ruby.
(b) They smelled bad.
(c) He wet the bed.
(d) For Mavis.
11. After Cecil was thrown out of the house, what did Jack have to do to calm down?
(a) Have a drink.
(b) Go for a walk.
(d) Yell at the TV.
12. Why didn't Jack and Ruby adopt any children?
(a) They didn't actually want kids.
(b) They weren't allowed to do so.
(c) They had June in their lives.
(d) They wanted their own.
13. What does Burr's gift do for Jack?
(a) Give him something to live for.
(b) Give him companionship.
(c) It gives Jack a hobby.
14. What color was Tiny Fran's wedding dress?
15. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
(a) When Burr told them so.
(b) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the dogs.
(c) After they became the town joke.
(d) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often has Jack mentioned the lie that Ruby told him when they first met?
2. Who received Ruby's portion of her family inheritance?
3. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
4. What does Jack say instead of "haunt"?
5. What worried Ruby the most about dying?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)