|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the mule die?
(a) It had a heart attack.
(b) Natural causes.
(c) Someone shot it.
(d) It was hung.
2. What worried Ruby the most about dying?
(a) What Jack would do.
(b) If she would go to hell.
(c) Where her soul would travel.
(d) If she would go to heaven.
3. Who is the only person Tiny Fran ever "loved"?
4. When did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
(a) After June left for college.
(b) When Ruby died.
(d) When Roland left home.
5. Who had to bail the migrant workers out of jail in the middle of the night?
(a) John Woodrow.
6. When Ruby was a child, who really did all the work around the house?
(a) Sudie Bee.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
7. Who did Ruby test recipes on?
(a) Tiny Fran.
8. Who does Jack hire as a housekeeper?
(c) Tiny Fran.
9. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
(b) Sleep with her eyes open.
(c) Fold napkins.
(d) Hitch a mule.
10. What finally landed Roland in jail?
(b) Mule murder.
(d) Public drunkeness.
11. After Ruby's ghost doesn't visit him, what does Jack do the next day?
(a) Call Mavis.
(c) Drink and watch cartoons.
12. Who mediated between Ruby and Tiny Fran when they argued about June?
13. What did Ruby say she would do to Jack if he ever stepped out of line?
(a) Cut off his legs.
(b) Poison him.
(c) Love him to death.
(d) Shoot him.
14. After finding out that John Woodrow was in the hospital, what did Ruby decide to do about the predicament?
(b) Poison John so he wouldn't live.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Raise money to pay the doctors.
15. Who did Jack blame for the way Roland turned out?
(a) Tiny Fran.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story, what does Jack put on for Ruby?
2. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
3. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
4. Why did Ruby think that she and Jack could not have children?
5. Who attended his father's funeral with Burr?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)