|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
(d) Tiny Fran.
2. Who wasn't allowed to go to the hospital with everyone after the vacation injury?
3. After two months, why does Jack finally wash the sheets?
(a) For Ruby.
(b) They smelled bad.
(c) He wet the bed.
(d) For Mavis.
4. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
(a) They were envious.
(b) It made sense.
(c) It was laughable.
(d) They didn't care.
5. Who did Ruby test recipes on?
(a) Tiny Fran.
6. When did Ruby finally visit her parents?
(a) When she got pregnant.
(b) After she married Jack.
(c) After she turned 30.
(d) She never did.
7. Who attended his father's funeral with Burr?
(b) Tiny Fran.
8. Why did Burr's parents not want to come to his wedding?
(a) His father was jealous of the land he was acquiring.
(b) His mother was ill.
(c) His father was ill.
(d) They hated Tiny Fran.
9. On her second day of work at the Hoover house, what did Ruby fear Tiny Fran would associate her with?
(a) Her husband and the migrants her father had to bail out of jail.
(c) The other migrant women.
(d) The town gossip.
10. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
(a) To try to save Ruby's soul.
(b) To get Jack to come to church.
(c) To get a dinner invitation.
(d) To tease Jack.
11. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
(a) Fold napkins.
(b) Hitch a mule.
(d) Sleep with her eyes open.
12. Who has June been worried about running into in town?
(c) Her mother, Tiny Fran.
13. What did Jack and Ruby believe happens to a person's spirit when they die?
(a) They will cease to exist.
(b) They will go to heaven.
(c) Their spirit will leave the body and do as it pleases.
(d) They will go to hell.
14. Who mediated between Ruby and Tiny Fran when they argued about June?
15. Who had to bail the migrant workers out of jail in the middle of the night?
(a) John Woodrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruby sew for June?
2. As a child, who did Ruby think would always be around to help her around the house?
3. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
4. What did Ruby lie to Jack about when they first met?
5. How did the mule die?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)