|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ruby cry during the beach vacation?
(a) She hated Tiny Fran.
(b) She was angry at Burr.
(c) She was homesick.
(d) She cried for the babies she couldn't have.
2. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
(a) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the cats.
(b) When Burr told them so.
(c) After they became the town joke.
(d) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the dogs.
3. Who had to bail the migrant workers out of jail in the middle of the night?
(b) John Woodrow.
4. Who threw Cecil out of the house?
5. Who is the only person Tiny Fran ever "loved"?
6. Who wasn't allowed to go to the hospital with everyone after the vacation injury?
7. When they first met, how did Jack look at Ruby?
(a) Like she was something valuable.
8. As a child, who did Ruby think would always be around to help her around the house?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Sudie Bee.
(d) Her children.
9. How often has Jack mentioned the lie that Ruby told him when they first met?
(a) Only on their anniversary.
(b) Every day.
10. Who does Jack hire as a housekeeper?
(c) Tiny Fran.
11. When did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
(a) When Roland left home.
(c) After June left for college.
(d) When Ruby died.
12. At the end of the second day, what happens to the housekeeper?
(a) He gets fired.
(b) She gets fired.
(c) She quits.
(d) He quits.
13. Who did not attend Burr's wedding?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(c) His parents.
14. After Ruby's ghost doesn't visit him, what does Jack do the next day?
(a) Call Mavis.
(c) Drink and watch cartoons.
15. Were Jack and Ruby religious?
(a) They weren't sure.
(b) There is no way to tell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruby sew for June?
2. Why did Ruby think that she and Jack could not have children?
3. When Cecil described hell, what did Jack pretend he thought Cecil was talking about?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Jack pretend to do when visitors come to his house?
5. After finding out that John Woodrow was in the hospital, what did Ruby decide to do about the predicament?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)