|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jack blame for the way Roland turned out?
(b) Tiny Fran.
2. Who did not attend Burr's wedding?
(a) His parents.
(c) Tiny Fran.
3. Why did Burr's parents not want to come to his wedding?
(a) They hated Tiny Fran.
(b) His father was jealous of the land he was acquiring.
(c) His mother was ill.
(d) His father was ill.
4. What is the first real meal that Jack tries to make after Ruby's death?
(c) Garlic chicken.
5. How often has Jack mentioned the lie that Ruby told him when they first met?
(c) Every day.
(d) Only on their anniversary.
6. When did Ruby feel pleased with herself in Chapter 8?
(a) When she hugged Jack.
(b) When she went to sleep at night.
(c) When she sewed.
(d) When her bread rose.
7. What did Jack like to do to Cecil?
(a) Tickle him.
(b) Tease him.
(c) Go to church with him.
(d) Ignore him.
8. Who wasn't allowed to go to the hospital with everyone after the vacation injury?
9. Who was the best man at Burr's wedding?
10. At the end of the story, who does Jack think has visited him in the night?
(d) An angel.
11. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
(a) To get Jack to come to church.
(b) To try to save Ruby's soul.
(c) To get a dinner invitation.
(d) To tease Jack.
12. Who had to bail the migrant workers out of jail in the middle of the night?
(a) John Woodrow.
13. Why does Burr think Jack has taken the sheets off the bed?
(a) They are stained.
(b) Jack is sleep walking.
(c) They got ripped.
(d) They are soiled.
14. Who helps Jack find a housekeeper?
15. After emptying the deep freezer, what does Jack eat?
(a) Canned soup and cereal.
(b) Stir fry.
(c) Whatever Burr cooks.
(d) Burgers and fries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruby lie to Jack about when they first met?
2. Who married Tiny Fran and Burr?
3. Who received Ruby's portion of her family inheritance?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Jack pretend to do when visitors come to his house?
5. What did Burr bury with his father?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)