|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Tiny Fran ever "loved"?
2. What did Tiny Fran fail to inform June about?
(a) How babies are made.
(c) Bra sizing.
(d) Acne treatments.
3. When Cecil described hell, what did Jack pretend he thought Cecil was talking about?
(a) A fictitious novel.
(b) Church activities.
(c) His fantasies.
(d) A porno movie.
4. Who mediated between Ruby and Tiny Fran when they argued about June?
5. After finding out that John Woodrow was in the hospital, what did Ruby decide to do about the predicament?
(a) Poison John so he wouldn't live.
(b) Ignore it.
(c) Raise money to pay the doctors.
6. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
(a) It was laughable.
(b) They were envious.
(c) They didn't care.
(d) It made sense.
7. When Jack first met Ruby, what was he hauling across the yard?
8. What is the first real meal that Jack tries to make after Ruby's death?
(b) Garlic chicken.
9. Whose inner thoughts is the reader privy to in Chapter 16?
(b) Cecil and Jack's.
(c) Jack and Ruby's.
(d) Jack, June, and Burr's.
10. Why did Jack think that he and Ruby could not have children?
(a) It was not in God's plan.
(b) They never tried hard enough.
(c) It was Ruby's fault.
(d) It was his fault.
11. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out?
12. Who received Ruby's portion of her family inheritance?
(b) Sudie Bee.
(c) John Woodrow.
(d) Her brothers.
13. How does Jack's first solo meal turn out?
(b) Raw and awful.
(c) The book doesn't say.
(d) He burns it.
14. When they first met, how did Jack look at Ruby?
(c) Like she was something valuable.
15. Who was always trying to save people's souls?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tiny Fran treat June?
2. After spending a week with Ruby and Jack, how did June feel about leaving?
3. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
4. Why did Ruby cry during the beach vacation?
5. Where did Ruby hide a gun?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)