|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
(a) A little kid.
(b) A young adult.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A baby.
2. Who did Jack blame for the way Roland turned out?
(b) Tiny Fran.
3. Who was the best man at Burr's wedding?
4. Who mediated between Ruby and Tiny Fran when they argued about June?
5. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
(a) They didn't care.
(b) It was laughable.
(c) They were envious.
(d) It made sense.
6. After Cecil was thrown out of the house, what did Jack have to do to calm down?
(b) Have a drink.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Yell at the TV.
7. Who was miserable when Burr's family went to the beach with Jack and Ruby?
(d) Tiny Fran.
8. What did Jack and Ruby believe happens to a person's spirit when they die?
(a) Their spirit will leave the body and do as it pleases.
(b) They will go to heaven.
(c) They will cease to exist.
(d) They will go to hell.
9. When did Ruby start taking pictures of June?
(a) After she realized she didn't have any.
(b) After the pictures of the cats came out so ridiculously.
(c) After the pictures of the dogs came out so ridiculously.
(d) After June asked her to.
10. When they first met, how did Jack look at Ruby?
(d) Like she was something valuable.
11. Who married Tiny Fran and Burr?
(a) A judge.
(b) A minister.
(c) The preacher.
(d) A "civil somebody".
12. When was the happiest week of Ruby's life?
(a) When Jack proposed to her.
(b) The week John Woodrow died.
(c) When June stayed with her and Jack for an entire week.
(d) When Tiny Fran died.
13. Who got injured during the beach vacation?
(b) Tiny Fran.
14. What did John Woodrow die of?
(c) Collapsed lungs.
(d) Heart attack.
15. How was June not ruined?
(a) June never knew Tiny Fran.
(b) Ruby, Jack and Burr would step in on her behalf.
(c) June went to boarding school.
(d) June never knew Roland.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story, who does Jack think has visited him in the night?
2. What did Burr bury with his father?
3. What did Ruby sew for June?
4. What does Jack say instead of "haunt"?
5. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)