|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who threw Cecil out of the house?
2. What did Ruby lie to Jack about when they first met?
(a) Her family history.
(b) Her name.
(c) The fact that she was married.
(d) That she was traveling with the migrants doing research.
3. Who was always trying to save people's souls?
4. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
(a) It made sense.
(b) It was laughable.
(c) They didn't care.
(d) They were envious.
5. Who is the only person Tiny Fran ever "loved"?
6. At the end of the book, what does Burr give Jack?
(a) A birthday card.
(b) A room in his house.
(c) A new wife.
7. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
(a) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the dogs.
(b) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the cats.
(c) After they became the town joke.
(d) When Burr told them so.
8. When John Woodrow was in the hospital, what did the other migrants think Ruby should do?
(a) Go see John in the hospital.
(b) Run away.
(c) Pull the plug.
(d) Ignore him.
9. What did Burr bury with his father?
(a) A toy Buick.
(b) His favorite hanky.
(c) His wedding ring.
10. What did Jack like to do to Cecil?
(a) Tickle him.
(b) Tease him.
(c) Go to church with him.
(d) Ignore him.
11. Who killed the mule?
(a) Nobody knows.
12. How was June not ruined?
(a) June never knew Tiny Fran.
(b) June never knew Roland.
(c) Ruby, Jack and Burr would step in on her behalf.
(d) June went to boarding school.
13. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
(a) Sleep with her eyes open.
(b) Hitch a mule.
(c) Fold napkins.
14. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out?
15. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
(a) An old lady.
(b) A young adult.
(c) A baby.
(d) A little kid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Jack and Ruby adopt any children?
2. How did the mule die?
3. Why did Ruby cry during the beach vacation?
4. After finding out that John Woodrow was in the hospital, what did Ruby decide to do about the predicament?
5. At the end of the second day, what happens to the housekeeper?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)