|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The hamster.
(c) The neighborhood raccoon.
(d) The cats.
2. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
(c) Tiny Fran.
3. When they first met, how did Jack look at Ruby?
(d) Like she was something valuable.
4. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
(a) To get a dinner invitation.
(b) To try to save Ruby's soul.
(c) To get Jack to come to church.
(d) To tease Jack.
5. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
(b) Hitch a mule.
(c) Fold napkins.
(d) Sleep with her eyes open.
6. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
(a) They didn't care.
(b) It was laughable.
(c) It made sense.
(d) They were envious.
7. At the end of the story, who does Jack think has visited him in the night?
(c) An angel.
8. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out?
9. Who did Ruby test recipes on?
(a) Tiny Fran.
10. What is Jack's physique?
(d) Short and round.
11. When did Ruby feel pleased with herself in Chapter 8?
(a) When she went to sleep at night.
(b) When her bread rose.
(c) When she sewed.
(d) When she hugged Jack.
12. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
(a) After they became the town joke.
(b) When Burr told them so.
(c) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the cats.
(d) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the dogs.
13. Who did Jack blame for the way Roland turned out?
(a) Tiny Fran.
14. After spending a week with Ruby and Jack, how did June feel about leaving?
15. When did Ruby start taking pictures of June?
(a) After she realized she didn't have any.
(b) After June asked her to.
(c) After the pictures of the dogs came out so ridiculously.
(d) After the pictures of the cats came out so ridiculously.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story, what does Jack put on for Ruby?
2. When Cecil described hell, what did Jack pretend he thought Cecil was talking about?
3. When Jack first met Ruby, what was he hauling across the yard?
4. What worried Ruby the most about dying?
5. Who wasn't allowed to go to the hospital with everyone after the vacation injury?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)