|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally landed Roland in jail?
(a) Mule murder.
(d) Public drunkeness.
2. What did John Woodrow die of?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Collapsed lungs.
3. At the reception, what did Ruby joke about doing?
(a) Tiny Fran's virginity.
(b) Poisoning Frances Hoover.
(c) Tiny Fran's dress.
(d) Jack's penguin suit.
4. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
(a) A young adult.
(b) A baby.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A little kid.
5. In Chapter 16, what does Jack pretend to do when visitors come to his house?
(a) Sleep walk.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Ignore them.
6. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
(b) Tiny Fran.
7. What does the housekeeper spend the first day doing?
(a) Mowing the grass.
(b) Filling the deep freezer with food.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Lounging and nursing a sore knee.
8. Who did Ruby test recipes on?
(c) Tiny Fran.
9. At the end of the second day, what happens to the housekeeper?
(a) She quits.
(b) He quits.
(c) He gets fired.
(d) She gets fired.
10. Why did Jack think that he and Ruby could not have children?
(a) It was his fault.
(b) They never tried hard enough.
(c) It was Ruby's fault.
(d) It was not in God's plan.
11. What worried Ruby the most about dying?
(a) If she would go to heaven.
(b) Where her soul would travel.
(c) What Jack would do.
(d) If she would go to hell.
12. Who attended his father's funeral with Burr?
(a) Tiny Fran.
13. Why didn't Jack and Ruby adopt any children?
(a) They wanted their own.
(b) They weren't allowed to do so.
(c) They didn't actually want kids.
(d) They had June in their lives.
14. What does the housekeeper do on the second day?
(a) Make phone calls.
(d) Bleach Jack's dungarees.
15. When did Ruby finally visit her parents?
(a) She never did.
(b) After she turned 30.
(c) When she got pregnant.
(d) After she married Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the housekeeper's first day, what is the first thing to break?
2. What is the first real meal that Jack tries to make after Ruby's death?
3. What did Ruby sew for June?
4. After spending a week with Ruby and Jack, how did June feel about leaving?
5. Who had to bail the migrant workers out of jail in the middle of the night?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)