|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Jack find a housekeeper?
2. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
(a) It made sense.
(b) It was laughable.
(c) They were envious.
(d) They didn't care.
3. How did the mule die?
(a) Natural causes.
(b) It had a heart attack.
(c) It was hung.
(d) Someone shot it.
4. Who was the best man at Burr's wedding?
5. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
(a) The hamster.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The neighborhood raccoon.
(d) The cats.
6. Who did not attend Burr's wedding?
(b) His parents.
(d) Tiny Fran.
7. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
(a) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the dogs.
(b) When Burr told them so.
(c) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the cats.
(d) After they became the town joke.
8. What was the real reason Cecil came to visit?
(a) To get Jack to come to church.
(b) To tease Jack.
(c) To get a dinner invitation.
(d) To try to save Ruby's soul.
9. When Cecil described hell, what did Jack pretend he thought Cecil was talking about?
(a) Church activities.
(b) A fictitious novel.
(c) His fantasies.
(d) A porno movie.
10. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
(b) Sleep with her eyes open.
(c) Fold napkins.
(d) Hitch a mule.
11. How often has Jack mentioned the lie that Ruby told him when they first met?
(c) Every day.
(d) Only on their anniversary.
12. How does Jack's first solo meal turn out?
(a) The book doesn't say.
(b) Raw and awful.
(c) He burns it.
13. What does Jack say instead of "haunt"?
14. What does the housekeeper spend the first day doing?
(a) Mowing the grass.
(b) Filling the deep freezer with food.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Lounging and nursing a sore knee.
15. What does the housekeeper do on the second day?
(a) Make phone calls.
(b) Bleach Jack's dungarees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Burr think Jack has taken the sheets off the bed?
2. After two months, why does Jack finally wash the sheets?
3. What did Jack and Ruby believe happens to a person's spirit when they die?
4. After Cecil was thrown out of the house, what did Jack have to do to calm down?
5. Who threw Cecil out of the house?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)