|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ruby hide a gun?
(a) In the bottom of her bag where the lingerie had been.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) On top of the refrigerator.
(d) Behind the toilet.
2. After Ruby's ghost doesn't visit him, what does Jack do the next day?
(a) Call Mavis.
(b) Drink and watch cartoons.
3. Who was always trying to save people's souls?
4. Other than Jack, who did Ruby attribute her happiness to?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(b) Her mother.
5. Who did Ruby test recipes on?
(d) Tiny Fran.
6. As a child, who did Ruby think would always be around to help her around the house?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) Sudie Bee.
7. When John Woodrow was in the hospital, what did the other migrants think Ruby should do?
(a) Go see John in the hospital.
(b) Run away.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Pull the plug.
8. Who does Jack hire as a housekeeper?
(a) Tiny Fran.
9. After Ruby's death, how does Jack's house become?
(b) Air conditioned.
10. What does the housekeeper do on the second day?
(a) Make phone calls.
(b) Bleach Jack's dungarees.
11. Were Jack and Ruby religious?
(b) They weren't sure.
(d) There is no way to tell.
12. What did Burr give Tiny Fran to leave?
(a) An apartment in town.
(b) A kick in the pants.
(c) Money to buy out her half of the farm.
(d) A car.
13. When did Jack and Ruby realize that babying animals is ridiculous?
(a) After they became the town joke.
(b) When Burr told them so.
(c) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the dogs.
(d) After they saw the pictures of themselves dressing up the cats.
14. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
(a) A little kid.
(b) A baby.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A young adult.
15. After spending a week with Ruby and Jack, how did June feel about leaving?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose inner thoughts is the reader privy to in Chapter 16?
2. Who is the only person Tiny Fran ever "loved"?
3. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
4. When Ruby was a child, who really did all the work around the house?
5. Why does Jack take the sheets off his bed?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)