|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ruby lie to Jack about when they first met?
(a) The fact that she was married.
(b) Her family history.
(c) Her name.
(d) That she was traveling with the migrants doing research.
2. At the end of the second day, what happens to the housekeeper?
(a) He quits.
(b) She quits.
(c) She gets fired.
(d) He gets fired.
3. Who helps Jack find a housekeeper?
4. In Chapter 16, how can June's age be classified?
(a) An old lady.
(b) A baby.
(c) A little kid.
(d) A young adult.
5. Why did Ruby cry during the beach vacation?
(a) She cried for the babies she couldn't have.
(b) She was angry at Burr.
(c) She was homesick.
(d) She hated Tiny Fran.
6. Who did Tiny Fran blame for the way Roland turned out?
7. After two months, why does Jack finally wash the sheets?
(a) For Ruby.
(b) He wet the bed.
(c) For Mavis.
(d) They smelled bad.
8. After June stayed a week and left, who did Jack and Ruby start to baby?
(a) The cats.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The neighborhood raccoon.
(d) The hamster.
9. What did Burr give Tiny Fran to leave?
(a) A kick in the pants.
(b) A car.
(c) Money to buy out her half of the farm.
(d) An apartment in town.
10. Why does Jack take the sheets off his bed?
(a) They are ripped.
(b) They smell of Ruby's dusting powder he had sprinkled on them.
(c) He spilled beer on them.
(d) He wet the bed.
11. When they first met, how did Jack look at Ruby?
(b) Like she was something valuable.
12. When was the happiest week of Ruby's life?
(a) When Jack proposed to her.
(b) The week John Woodrow died.
(c) When June stayed with her and Jack for an entire week.
(d) When Tiny Fran died.
13. What color was Tiny Fran's wedding dress?
14. Who threw Cecil out of the house?
15. When did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
(a) When Roland left home.
(b) After June left for college.
(d) When Ruby died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Burr bury with his father?
2. What finally landed Roland in jail?
3. How does Jack's first solo meal turn out?
4. After spending a week with Ruby and Jack, how did June feel about leaving?
5. As a child, who did Ruby think would always be around to help her around the house?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)