|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attended his father's funeral with Burr?
(a) Tiny Fran.
2. Who was miserable when Burr's family went to the beach with Jack and Ruby?
(b) Tiny Fran.
3. When did Tiny Fran leave Burr?
(a) After June left for college.
(b) When Ruby died.
(d) When Roland left home.
4. When Jack first met Ruby, what was he hauling across the yard?
5. When did Ruby feel pleased with herself in Chapter 8?
(a) When her bread rose.
(b) When she hugged Jack.
(c) When she sewed.
(d) When she went to sleep at night.
6. After Ruby's death, how does Jack's house become?
(a) Air conditioned.
7. What is the first real meal that Jack tries to make after Ruby's death?
(b) Garlic chicken.
8. Who mediated between Ruby and Tiny Fran when they argued about June?
9. What did Jack and Ruby used to think about people who babied their pets?
(a) They were envious.
(b) They didn't care.
(c) It was laughable.
(d) It made sense.
10. Whose inner thoughts is the reader privy to in Chapter 16?
(a) Jack and Ruby's.
(c) Cecil and Jack's.
(d) Jack, June, and Burr's.
11. What did Tiny Fran fail to inform June about?
(a) How babies are made.
(b) Acne treatments.
(d) Bra sizing.
12. After emptying the deep freezer, what does Jack eat?
(a) Burgers and fries.
(b) Stir fry.
(c) Whatever Burr cooks.
(d) Canned soup and cereal.
13. Who received Ruby's portion of her family inheritance?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Sudie Bee.
(c) John Woodrow.
14. Who was supposed to watch the mule while Jack and Ruby were away?
(d) Tiny Fran.
15. In Chapter 16, what does Jack pretend to do when visitors come to his house?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Sleep walk.
(c) Be happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruby lie to Jack about when they first met?
2. How did the mule die?
3. On the housekeeper's first day, what is the first thing to break?
4. How does Jack's first solo meal turn out?
5. Who got injured during the beach vacation?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)