|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finding her husband with another woman, what did Ruby do?
(a) Bought a pistol.
(b) Freaked out.
(c) Attacked her husband.
(d) Filed for divorce.
2. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
(b) Probably not.
(c) He already did.
(d) He hadn't thought about it.
3. What often happened in the Hoover house that Lonnie did not know about?
(a) Frances was having an affair in his house.
(b) Burr visited Tiny Fran.
(c) Tiny Fran burned the dinner three nights a week.
(d) The way Tiny Fran smacked around and treated Frances.
4. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
(a) She was the love of his life.
(b) She was beautiful.
(c) She was promiscuous.
(d) She was ugly.
5. After finally having enough of John, what did Ruby do?
(a) Beat up John.
(b) Got a divorce.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Bought a pistol.
6. What does Jack always mess up?
(b) Saying the right thing.
(c) Picking things up at the grocery store.
(d) Showing love.
7. Who was Ruby's first husband?
(a) John Woodrow.
(b) Jack Stokes.
(d) Lonnie Hoover.
8. Why was Ruby told to clean the Hoover house so thoroughly?
(a) It was filthy.
(b) The governor was coming to dinner.
(c) Mrs. Hoover was anal retentive.
(d) In preparation for Tiny Fran's wedding.
9. Who is Jack's wife?
(a) Tiny Fran.
10. How does Jack react to Ruby's diagnosis?
(a) He doesn't think she will die.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He accepts that she will die soon.
(d) He vows to keep her alive.
11. Where did Jack first see Ruby?
(a) In the barn.
(b) Under a pecan tree at the Hoover's.
(c) In her house.
(d) At the movies.
12. What does Ruby say scares a man?
(a) A sick woman who was once strong.
(b) Having to re-marry.
(d) The thought of cooking for himself.
13. What did Jack admire about Ruby?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her ability to overcome her first marriage.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her meaness.
14. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
(a) Sudie Bee scolding a servant for sticking his fingers in the cake.
(b) Her own sorry wedding.
(c) Her hatred for Tiny Fran.
(d) A fancy dinner.
15. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
(a) Lonnie was tired of having her around.
(b) To alleviate all future issues.
(c) Tiny Fran was in love.
(d) Tiny Fran would soon be a spinster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruby want to do to John Woodrow, but never got the chance?
2. Before they were married, what did Ruby tell Jack she wanted him to do?
3. Where did Ruby and John finally land?
4. How could Jack tell Ruby was not a typical migrant worker?
5. Why did Lonnie ask Burr to marry Tiny Fran?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)