|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
(a) To alleviate all future issues.
(b) Lonnie was tired of having her around.
(c) Tiny Fran would soon be a spinster.
(d) Tiny Fran was in love.
2. What was Ruby's upbringing like?
(b) Sheltered, but loving.
(c) She lived on the streets.
(d) She was neglected.
3. What did Jack's mother never do?
(a) Bake pies.
4. What is Ruby's dying request?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A hot shower.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A good meal.
5. After Ruby found out her husband was injured, what did Jack offer her?
(a) A ride back to the Pitt farm.
(b) Help if she needed it.
(c) His hand in marriage.
6. What did John do that was the last straw for Ruby?
(b) Beat her.
7. Who interrupted Jack and Ruby's first conversation?
(a) John Woodrow.
(b) Tiny Fran.
(c) A migrant worker.
8. Who was Ruby's first husband?
(a) Jack Stokes.
(c) John Woodrow.
(d) Lonnie Hoover.
9. What does Ruby say scares a man?
(a) A sick woman who was once strong.
(c) Having to re-marry.
(d) The thought of cooking for himself.
10. How does Jack feel about Ruby after she has passed?
(a) He loves and misses her.
(b) He doesn't know she's dead.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is glad she is gone.
11. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
(a) Tiny Fran.
12. What does Jack say are the two things that carry on after you die?
(a) Love and freedom.
(b) The world and universe.
(c) Land and children.
(d) Friends and relatives.
13. How could Jack tell Ruby was not a typical migrant worker?
(a) He knew her family.
(b) He knew all the other migrants and had never seen her.
(c) She spoke with a French accent.
(d) By her smooth skin.
14. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
(a) He was lonely.
(b) Burr loved Tiny Fran.
(c) Lonnie threatened to kill him if he didn't.
(d) He wanted the land Lonnie offered in exchange for marrying her.
15. After finally having enough of John, what did Ruby do?
(a) Beat up John.
(b) Bought a pistol.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Got a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Chapter 2?
2. What does Jack think that he will die with that will carry on?
3. Why did Frances want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
4. How did Lonnie deal with problems?
5. What did Jack admire about Ruby?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)