|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informed Ruby of John's death?
(b) Tiny Fran.
(d) A migrant worker.
2. What did Jack like about Ruby when he first met her?
(a) She smelled nice.
(b) She wasn't flirty with him; they had a real conversation.
(c) She was short.
(d) She smoked.
3. When Ruby is in her coffin, what does Jack do?
(a) Fixes her make-up.
(b) Hides her ashy fingers.
(c) Gives her a kiss.
(d) Knocks over the casket.
4. How did Lonnie deal with problems?
(a) With rage.
(b) He ignored them.
(c) Quietly, but with sense.
(d) He laughed off his troubles.
5. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
(b) Tiny Fran.
6. Who is the narrator of Chapter 2?
7. Who showed Ruby how to smoke?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(c) John Woodrow.
8. What does Ruby say scares a man?
(a) The thought of cooking for himself.
(b) A sick woman who was once strong.
(c) Having to re-marry.
9. How did meeting Ruby change Jack's life?
(a) It made him angry.
(b) It defined his life; he became a man.
(c) It made him go crazy.
(d) It made him sad.
10. What did Burr tell Lonnie he thought of Tiny Fran?
(a) He hated her.
(b) She was his dream woman.
(c) He liked her ok.
(d) He was in love with her.
11. At the beginning of the story, where has Jack been getting his food from for the past few months?
(a) Burr's refrigerator.
(b) The deep freezer.
(c) He cooks.
(d) The store.
12. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
(a) He hadn't thought about it.
(b) He already did.
(d) Probably not.
13. How did John Woodrow plan to buy a house?
(a) By building one himself.
(b) By saving.
(c) By asking Ruby's father for her portion of her inheritance early.
(d) By gambling.
14. Who was Ruby's first husband?
(a) Jack Stokes.
(b) Lonnie Hoover.
(d) John Woodrow.
15. What was Jack's father like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
2. After finally having enough of John, what did Ruby do?
3. When recalling her diagnosis, what does Ruby think of?
4. Where did Jack first see Ruby?
5. After lunching in the Pitt's house, where did the migrant workers eat lunch afterward?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)