|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(c) He wasn't sure.
2. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
(a) She was promiscuous.
(b) She was the love of his life.
(c) She was ugly.
(d) She was beautiful.
3. What often happened in the Hoover house that Lonnie did not know about?
(a) Tiny Fran burned the dinner three nights a week.
(b) Burr visited Tiny Fran.
(c) The way Tiny Fran smacked around and treated Frances.
(d) Frances was having an affair in his house.
4. Before John, what was the worst thing to happen to Ruby?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) Her grandmother died.
(c) Her father beat her up once.
(d) She was raped.
5. What did Jack admire about Ruby?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her ability to overcome her first marriage.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her meaness.
6. How much older than Ruby was Jack?
(a) They were the same age.
(b) One year.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifty years.
7. What did John do that was the last straw for Ruby?
(b) Beat her.
8. At the beginning of the story, where has Jack been getting his food from for the past few months?
(a) The deep freezer.
(b) Burr's refrigerator.
(c) He cooks.
(d) The store.
9. Who was Ruby's first husband?
(a) Jack Stokes.
(b) Lonnie Hoover.
(c) John Woodrow.
10. When Ruby is in her coffin, what does Jack do?
(a) Fixes her make-up.
(b) Knocks over the casket.
(c) Hides her ashy fingers.
(d) Gives her a kiss.
11. What was the first thing Jack ever said to Ruby?
(a) She was hot.
(b) To watch out for Tiny Fran.
(c) He hated her husband.
(d) She shouldn't smoke.
12. How did Lonnie deal with problems?
(a) Quietly, but with sense.
(b) With rage.
(c) He ignored them.
(d) He laughed off his troubles.
13. What happened on John and Ruby's wedding night?
(a) John ripped Ruby's clothing, pawed at her, and hurt her.
(b) They got in a car wreck.
(c) They had a romantic evening.
(d) Ruby left John.
14. As a young woman, what was Ruby's most prized possession?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Fancy lingerie.
(d) Her car.
15. Initially, how did Ruby perceive John Woodrow?
(b) Handsome and romantic, like a movie star.
(d) Old and decrepit.
Short Answer Questions
1. After John's death, why didn't Ruby go back to her family's farm?
2. Who is Jack's wife?
3. What did Jack do when his father died?
4. Who else did Jack love?
5. What did Burr tell Lonnie he thought of Tiny Fran?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)