|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finally having enough of John, what did Ruby do?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Got a divorce.
(c) Bought a pistol.
(d) Beat up John.
2. Who thought it was a bad idea to let the migrants in the Pitt's house for lunch?
(b) Sudie Bee.
(c) John Woodrow.
(d) Lonnie Hoover.
3. How did Lonnie deal with problems?
(a) With rage.
(b) Quietly, but with sense.
(c) He ignored them.
(d) He laughed off his troubles.
4. Why didn't Jack want someone else's property?
(a) He only wanted property in Florida.
(b) He didn't want to own anything.
(c) He didn't want what he didn't know.
(d) No one ever offered him property.
5. After her first day of work in the Hoover house, what did Ruby come home to?
(a) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her diamonds.
(b) John Woodrow making dinner with another woman.
(c) John Woodrow beating another woman.
(d) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her lingerie.
6. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
(a) Her hatred for Tiny Fran.
(b) A fancy dinner.
(c) Sudie Bee scolding a servant for sticking his fingers in the cake.
(d) Her own sorry wedding.
7. How does Ruby die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Farming accident.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Old age.
8. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(a) He wasn't sure.
9. What does Ruby say scares a man?
(a) Having to re-marry.
(c) A sick woman who was once strong.
(d) The thought of cooking for himself.
10. What did Jack think Lonnie might will to him someday?
(a) A tractor.
(d) Tiny Fran.
11. How much older than Ruby was Jack?
(a) One year.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) They were the same age.
12. Who else did Jack love?
(b) Tiny Fran.
(d) His mother.
13. How does Jack react to Ruby's diagnosis?
(a) He doesn't think she will die.
(b) He vows to keep her alive.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He accepts that she will die soon.
14. Who was Ruby's first husband?
(b) John Woodrow.
(c) Lonnie Hoover.
(d) Jack Stokes.
15. How does Ruby react to Jack's thoughts on her diagnosis?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She cries and yells at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Frances want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
2. How does Jack feel about Ruby after she has passed?
3. What does Jack say are the two things that carry on after you die?
4. When they first met, what did Jack tell Ruby about her husband?
5. What does Jack always mess up?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)