|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jack do with his gun?
(a) Used it for target practice.
(b) Showed it to little kids.
(d) Killed John.
2. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
(a) He hadn't thought about it.
(b) He already did.
(d) Probably not.
3. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
(a) She had known him all her life and really loved him.
(b) Her father made her do it.
(c) He was the first to ask and she didn't have the sense to say "No."
(d) Her mother told her to.
4. What does Jack think of Ruby's dying request?
(a) It is selfish.
(b) It is impossible.
(c) It is disgusting.
(d) It is reasonable.
5. What does Ruby do for Jack before she dies?
(a) Does his laundry.
(b) Makes the bed.
(c) Fills the deep freezer with food.
(d) Drinks with him.
6. After finding her husband with another woman, what did Ruby do?
(a) Filed for divorce.
(b) Freaked out.
(c) Bought a pistol.
(d) Attacked her husband.
7. What was Ruby's upbringing like?
(a) She was neglected.
(c) She lived on the streets.
(d) Sheltered, but loving.
8. As a young woman, what was Ruby's most prized possession?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Fancy lingerie.
(d) Her car.
9. What was the first thing Jack ever said to Ruby?
(a) She was hot.
(b) To watch out for Tiny Fran.
(c) She shouldn't smoke.
(d) He hated her husband.
10. What does Ruby wish she could change?
(a) Her whole life.
(b) Her diagnosis and the way she handled Jack that day.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her name.
11. What is Ruby's bad habit?
12. Before they were married, what did Ruby tell Jack she wanted him to do?
(a) Move to Florida.
(b) Plant potatoes.
(c) Buy her a car.
(d) Take care of her.
13. How did Ruby meet John Woodrow?
(a) He was a migrant worker on her family's farm.
(b) He was a local salesman that came to the door one day.
(c) Her mother set her up on a blind date.
(d) Jack Stokes introduced them.
14. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
(a) Tiny Fran.
15. How did meeting Ruby change Jack's life?
(a) It made him angry.
(b) It defined his life; he became a man.
(c) It made him go crazy.
(d) It made him sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informed Ruby of John's death?
2. Whose property did Jack turn down?
3. How would Tiny Fran's physique best be described?
4. After John's death, why didn't Ruby go back to her family's farm?
5. What did Ruby think of when Jack shot his gun?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)