|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(b) He wasn't sure.
2. As a young woman, what was Ruby's most prized possession?
(a) Fancy lingerie.
(b) Her car.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) Her cat.
3. Where did Jack first see Ruby?
(a) In her house.
(b) At the movies.
(c) Under a pecan tree at the Hoover's.
(d) In the barn.
4. Who was Ruby's first husband?
(a) Jack Stokes.
(c) Lonnie Hoover.
(d) John Woodrow.
5. On Ruby's first day of work, what did Tiny Fran do that Ruby found appalling?
(a) Helped Ruby clean.
(b) Slapped her mother.
(c) Left the house.
(d) Vomited on the floor.
6. Why did Frances want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
(a) Frances wanted Ruby and her daughter to be friends.
(b) She liked the idea of having a white servant.
(c) No one else would do it.
(d) Ruby asked if she could help out.
7. When they first met, what did Jack tell Ruby about her husband?
(a) He smelled bad.
(b) He was a jerk.
(c) He had been in a bar fight.
(d) He would leave her.
8. Why was Ruby chosen to work in the Hoover house?
(a) She volunteered.
(b) She didn't look like she had the gall to steal anything.
(c) John set it up for her.
(d) No one else wanted to.
9. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
(a) Her father made her do it.
(b) She had known him all her life and really loved him.
(c) He was the first to ask and she didn't have the sense to say "No."
(d) Her mother told her to.
10. Before John, what was the worst thing to happen to Ruby?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) Her grandmother died.
(c) She was raped.
(d) Her father beat her up once.
11. When recalling her diagnosis, what does Ruby think of?
(a) Her funeral.
(b) Her unhappy life.
(c) Her grandmother's death.
(d) Her father's death.
12. What does Jack think of Ruby's dying request?
(a) It is selfish.
(b) It is impossible.
(c) It is disgusting.
(d) It is reasonable.
13. What did Ruby do that Jack loved?
(b) Scrubbed the floor.
(d) Baked pies.
14. What did Ruby want to do to John Woodrow, but never got the chance?
(a) Tell him she loved him.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Shoot him.
15. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
(a) Lonnie threatened to kill him if he didn't.
(b) He was lonely.
(c) Burr loved Tiny Fran.
(d) He wanted the land Lonnie offered in exchange for marrying her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby do for Jack before she dies?
2. How does Jack feel about Ruby after she has passed?
3. What does Jack say are the two things that carry on after you die?
4. After Ruby found out her husband was injured, what did Jack offer her?
5. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)