|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack feel about Ruby after she has passed?
(a) He is glad she is gone.
(b) He doesn't know she's dead.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He loves and misses her.
2. How did Jack's father die?
(a) He was murdered.
(c) In a tractor accident.
(d) Natural causes.
3. When they had lunch in the Pitt's house, what did the migrant workers do?
(a) Cleaned up after themselves.
(b) Made a mess, broke all the dishes, and stopped up the sink.
(c) Stayed for dinner afterward.
(d) Thanked Mrs. Pitt.
4. Why did John Woodrow call Ruby a profane name?
(a) Because she wouldn't ask her father for money.
(b) She called him a jerk.
(c) She wrecked their car.
(d) She made him look bad.
5. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
(a) He hadn't thought about it.
(c) Probably not.
(d) He already did.
6. What did Jack do with his gun?
(a) Used it for target practice.
(c) Killed John.
(d) Showed it to little kids.
7. Who is Jack's wife?
(b) Tiny Fran.
8. What did Mrs. Hoover tell Tiny Fran to do?
(a) Make lunch.
(b) Help Ruby clean.
(c) Wash her hair.
(d) Sit and rest.
9. Why was Ruby told to clean the Hoover house so thoroughly?
(a) In preparation for Tiny Fran's wedding.
(b) It was filthy.
(c) The governor was coming to dinner.
(d) Mrs. Hoover was anal retentive.
10. What did Jack think Lonnie might will to him someday?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(b) A tractor.
11. What did Jack's mother never do?
(d) Bake pies.
12. What did Jack admire about Ruby?
(a) Her meaness.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her ability to overcome her first marriage.
13. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
(a) Tiny Fran would soon be a spinster.
(b) Tiny Fran was in love.
(c) To alleviate all future issues.
(d) Lonnie was tired of having her around.
14. What was Jack's mother like?
(a) Kind and gentle.
(c) Tough and strong.
15. What does Ruby realize a dying person needs?
(a) To be told everything is going to be ok.
(c) Lots of food.
(d) To be held and confronted with reality, not empty consolation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ruby's first husband?
2. What does Jack say are the two things that carry on after you die?
3. What does Ruby say scares a man?
4. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
5. Who thought it was a bad idea to let the migrants in the Pitt's house for lunch?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)