|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack's wife?
(a) Tiny Fran.
2. Who else did Jack love?
(b) Tiny Fran.
(c) His mother.
3. What does Ruby wish she could change?
(a) Her whole life.
(b) Her diagnosis and the way she handled Jack that day.
(c) Her name.
(d) Her marriage.
4. After John's death, why didn't Ruby go back to her family's farm?
(a) She was ashamed.
(b) She couldn't remember where it was.
(c) Her parents wouldn't have her.
(d) She hated it there.
5. What was the first thing Jack ever said to Ruby?
(a) To watch out for Tiny Fran.
(b) She was hot.
(c) She shouldn't smoke.
(d) He hated her husband.
6. How does Ruby react to Jack's thoughts on her diagnosis?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She cries and yells at him.
(d) She laughs.
7. How would Tiny Fran's physique best be described?
(a) Plump and pregnant.
8. What does Ruby say scares a man?
(a) A sick woman who was once strong.
(b) The thought of cooking for himself.
(c) Having to re-marry.
9. After Ruby found out her husband was injured, what did Jack offer her?
(a) His hand in marriage.
(b) A ride back to the Pitt farm.
(d) Help if she needed it.
10. Why was Ruby told to clean the Hoover house so thoroughly?
(a) Mrs. Hoover was anal retentive.
(b) In preparation for Tiny Fran's wedding.
(c) The governor was coming to dinner.
(d) It was filthy.
11. Who thought it was a bad idea to let the migrants in the Pitt's house for lunch?
(b) Lonnie Hoover.
(c) John Woodrow.
(d) Sudie Bee.
12. How did Jack's father die?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) In a tractor accident.
(c) Natural causes.
13. What did Burr tell Lonnie he thought of Tiny Fran?
(a) He liked her ok.
(b) He hated her.
(c) She was his dream woman.
(d) He was in love with her.
14. After finding her husband with another woman, what did Ruby do?
(a) Attacked her husband.
(b) Freaked out.
(c) Bought a pistol.
(d) Filed for divorce.
15. Why didn't Jack want someone else's property?
(a) No one ever offered him property.
(b) He didn't want what he didn't know.
(c) He didn't want to own anything.
(d) He only wanted property in Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Chapter 1?
2. How did Ruby meet John Woodrow?
3. When they first met, what did Jack tell Ruby about her husband?
4. What does Ruby realize a dying person needs?
5. What does Jack think that he will die with that will carry on?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)