|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Hoover tell Tiny Fran to do?
(a) Make lunch.
(b) Help Ruby clean.
(c) Sit and rest.
(d) Wash her hair.
2. How old was Jack when his mother died?
3. Where did Ruby and John finally land?
(a) At a house in town.
(b) In Canada.
(c) Back at the Pitt farm.
(d) The Hoover farm.
4. What did Jack like about Ruby when he first met her?
(a) She smoked.
(b) She wasn't flirty with him; they had a real conversation.
(c) She was short.
(d) She smelled nice.
5. What was Jack's father like?
6. After finally having enough of John, what did Ruby do?
(a) Beat up John.
(b) Bought a pistol.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Got a divorce.
7. What is Ruby's dying request?
(a) A hot shower.
(b) A good meal.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A cigarette.
8. After lunching in the Pitt's house, where did the migrant workers eat lunch afterward?
(b) In the house.
(c) At the diner.
(d) In their cabins.
9. Why did Jack feel that Lonnie was partially responsible for his father's death?
(a) Lonnie worked Jack's father to death.
(b) Lonnie owned the gun that killed Jack's father.
(c) Lonnie murdered him.
(d) His father was driving the tractor at Lonnie's request.
10. Where did Jack first see Ruby?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In her house.
(c) Under a pecan tree at the Hoover's.
(d) At the movies.
11. What does Ruby say scares a man?
(a) The thought of cooking for himself.
(c) A sick woman who was once strong.
(d) Having to re-marry.
12. When they had lunch in the Pitt's house, what did the migrant workers do?
(a) Thanked Mrs. Pitt.
(b) Made a mess, broke all the dishes, and stopped up the sink.
(c) Cleaned up after themselves.
(d) Stayed for dinner afterward.
13. Initially, how did Ruby perceive John Woodrow?
(b) Handsome and romantic, like a movie star.
(c) Old and decrepit.
14. What was Ruby's upbringing like?
(a) She lived on the streets.
(b) Sheltered, but loving.
(d) She was neglected.
15. Who had Jack proposed to before Ruby?
(a) No one.
(b) Tiny Fran.
(d) Every girl in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
2. Who showed Ruby how to smoke?
3. What does Jack say are the two things that carry on after you die?
4. When they first met, what did Jack tell Ruby about her husband?
5. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)