|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ruby think of when Jack shot his gun?
(b) John Woodrow.
(c) Tiny Fran.
2. Why did John Woodrow call Ruby a profane name?
(a) She wrecked their car.
(b) Because she wouldn't ask her father for money.
(c) She called him a jerk.
(d) She made him look bad.
3. What was Ruby's upbringing like?
(a) Sheltered, but loving.
(b) She was neglected.
(c) She lived on the streets.
4. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
(a) He was lonely.
(b) Lonnie threatened to kill him if he didn't.
(c) Burr loved Tiny Fran.
(d) He wanted the land Lonnie offered in exchange for marrying her.
5. How would Tiny Fran's physique best be described?
(c) Plump and pregnant.
6. Who else did Jack love?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(d) His mother.
7. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
(a) A fancy dinner.
(b) Her hatred for Tiny Fran.
(c) Her own sorry wedding.
(d) Sudie Bee scolding a servant for sticking his fingers in the cake.
8. What is Ruby's dying request?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A hot shower.
9. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
(b) Tiny Fran.
10. On Ruby's first day of work, what did Tiny Fran do that Ruby found appalling?
(a) Slapped her mother.
(b) Vomited on the floor.
(c) Helped Ruby clean.
(d) Left the house.
11. After lunching in the Pitt's house, where did the migrant workers eat lunch afterward?
(a) In their cabins.
(b) In the house.
(d) At the diner.
12. Why didn't Jack want someone else's property?
(a) He didn't want what he didn't know.
(b) No one ever offered him property.
(c) He only wanted property in Florida.
(d) He didn't want to own anything.
13. What did Mrs. Hoover tell Tiny Fran to do?
(a) Make lunch.
(b) Sit and rest.
(c) Help Ruby clean.
(d) Wash her hair.
14. After finding her husband with another woman, what did Ruby do?
(a) Freaked out.
(b) Filed for divorce.
(c) Bought a pistol.
(d) Attacked her husband.
15. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(d) He wasn't sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ruby react to Jack's thoughts on her diagnosis?
2. How does Jack feel about Ruby after she has passed?
3. What does Jack always mess up?
4. Why did Frances want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
5. How did Jack's father die?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)