|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Jack a gun?
(c) Tiny Fran.
2. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(d) He wasn't sure.
3. What did Jack do when his father died?
(a) Yelled at God.
(b) Yelled at Lonnie.
(c) Took a nap.
(d) Walked away.
4. How did John Woodrow plan to buy a house?
(a) By asking Ruby's father for her portion of her inheritance early.
(b) By gambling.
(c) By building one himself.
(d) By saving.
5. What does Jack think of Ruby's dying request?
(a) It is impossible.
(b) It is disgusting.
(c) It is reasonable.
(d) It is selfish.
6. Why was Ruby angry about having to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
(a) She hated Tiny Fran.
(b) She hated weddings.
(c) She wanted to sleep in that day.
(d) She resented being the prized white servant.
7. How could Jack tell Ruby was not a typical migrant worker?
(a) He knew her family.
(b) She spoke with a French accent.
(c) By her smooth skin.
(d) He knew all the other migrants and had never seen her.
8. Whose property did Jack turn down?
(c) Tiny Fran's.
9. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
(a) She was beautiful.
(b) She was ugly.
(c) She was the love of his life.
(d) She was promiscuous.
10. What happened on John and Ruby's wedding night?
(a) John ripped Ruby's clothing, pawed at her, and hurt her.
(b) They had a romantic evening.
(c) Ruby left John.
(d) They got in a car wreck.
11. What was Jack's father like?
12. Why did Jack feel that Lonnie was partially responsible for his father's death?
(a) Lonnie worked Jack's father to death.
(b) Lonnie owned the gun that killed Jack's father.
(c) His father was driving the tractor at Lonnie's request.
(d) Lonnie murdered him.
13. What was the first thing Jack ever said to Ruby?
(a) He hated her husband.
(b) She was hot.
(c) To watch out for Tiny Fran.
(d) She shouldn't smoke.
14. Before they were married, what did Ruby tell Jack she wanted him to do?
(a) Move to Florida.
(b) Take care of her.
(c) Buy her a car.
(d) Plant potatoes.
15. How did Ruby meet John Woodrow?
(a) Her mother set her up on a blind date.
(b) He was a local salesman that came to the door one day.
(c) Jack Stokes introduced them.
(d) He was a migrant worker on her family's farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jack's father die?
2. What does Jack always mess up?
3. How important was land to Jack?
4. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
5. What did Ruby think of when Jack shot his gun?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)