|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jack's mother never do?
(b) Bake pies.
2. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
(a) To alleviate all future issues.
(b) Tiny Fran would soon be a spinster.
(c) Lonnie was tired of having her around.
(d) Tiny Fran was in love.
3. What does Jack think of Ruby's dying request?
(a) It is selfish.
(b) It is disgusting.
(c) It is impossible.
(d) It is reasonable.
4. Before they were married, what did Ruby tell Jack she wanted him to do?
(a) Buy her a car.
(b) Take care of her.
(c) Move to Florida.
(d) Plant potatoes.
5. After Ruby found out her husband was injured, what did Jack offer her?
(a) A ride back to the Pitt farm.
(b) Help if she needed it.
(c) His hand in marriage.
6. How does Ruby react to Jack's thoughts on her diagnosis?
(a) She cries and yells at him.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She leaves the room.
7. Initially, how did Ruby perceive John Woodrow?
(a) Old and decrepit.
(c) Handsome and romantic, like a movie star.
8. What did Ruby do that Jack loved?
(a) Scrubbed the floor.
(c) Baked pies.
9. How did Ruby meet John Woodrow?
(a) He was a local salesman that came to the door one day.
(b) He was a migrant worker on her family's farm.
(c) Jack Stokes introduced them.
(d) Her mother set her up on a blind date.
10. What happened on John and Ruby's wedding night?
(a) John ripped Ruby's clothing, pawed at her, and hurt her.
(b) Ruby left John.
(c) They got in a car wreck.
(d) They had a romantic evening.
11. What does Ruby wish she could change?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her name.
(c) Her diagnosis and the way she handled Jack that day.
(d) Her whole life.
12. What is Ruby's bad habit?
13. How did Ruby and John get married?
(a) They eloped.
(b) At Ruby's family farm.
(c) In a church.
(d) In Las Vegas.
14. What did Jack admire about Ruby?
(a) Her meaness.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her ability to overcome her first marriage.
15. How much older than Ruby was Jack?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) One year.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) They were the same age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack do with his gun?
2. When they first met, what did Jack tell Ruby about her husband?
3. What did Jack do when his father died?
4. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
5. As a young woman, what was Ruby's most prized possession?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)