|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first thing Jack ever said to Ruby?
(a) She shouldn't smoke.
(b) He hated her husband.
(c) She was hot.
(d) To watch out for Tiny Fran.
2. How old was Jack when his mother died?
3. How did Ruby meet John Woodrow?
(a) He was a migrant worker on her family's farm.
(b) Jack Stokes introduced them.
(c) Her mother set her up on a blind date.
(d) He was a local salesman that came to the door one day.
4. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
(a) Her own sorry wedding.
(b) A fancy dinner.
(c) Her hatred for Tiny Fran.
(d) Sudie Bee scolding a servant for sticking his fingers in the cake.
5. What does Ruby say scares a man?
(a) Having to re-marry.
(b) The thought of cooking for himself.
(c) A sick woman who was once strong.
6. How does Jack feel about Ruby after she has passed?
(a) He loves and misses her.
(b) He doesn't know she's dead.
(c) He is glad she is gone.
(d) He is indifferent.
7. Initially, how did Ruby perceive John Woodrow?
(a) Handsome and romantic, like a movie star.
(b) Old and decrepit.
8. What was Ruby's upbringing like?
(a) She was neglected.
(b) She lived on the streets.
(d) Sheltered, but loving.
9. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
(a) She was the love of his life.
(b) She was beautiful.
(c) She was ugly.
(d) She was promiscuous.
10. When Ruby is in her coffin, what does Jack do?
(a) Knocks over the casket.
(b) Hides her ashy fingers.
(c) Fixes her make-up.
(d) Gives her a kiss.
11. What often happened in the Hoover house that Lonnie did not know about?
(a) Frances was having an affair in his house.
(b) Tiny Fran burned the dinner three nights a week.
(c) The way Tiny Fran smacked around and treated Frances.
(d) Burr visited Tiny Fran.
12. How did Lonnie deal with problems?
(a) He laughed off his troubles.
(b) With rage.
(c) Quietly, but with sense.
(d) He ignored them.
13. When they had lunch in the Pitt's house, what did the migrant workers do?
(a) Made a mess, broke all the dishes, and stopped up the sink.
(b) Cleaned up after themselves.
(c) Stayed for dinner afterward.
(d) Thanked Mrs. Pitt.
14. What did Burr tell Lonnie he thought of Tiny Fran?
(a) He hated her.
(b) She was his dream woman.
(c) He liked her ok.
(d) He was in love with her.
15. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
(a) He hadn't thought about it.
(b) He already did.
(d) Probably not.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John Woodrow plan to buy a house?
2. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
3. At the beginning of the story, where has Jack been getting his food from for the past few months?
4. What is Ruby's dying request?
5. What did Jack think Lonnie might will to him someday?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)