|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informed Ruby of John's death?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(c) A migrant worker.
2. As a young woman, what was Ruby's most prized possession?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Fancy lingerie.
(d) Her car.
3. How did John Woodrow plan to buy a house?
(a) By asking Ruby's father for her portion of her inheritance early.
(b) By gambling.
(c) By saving.
(d) By building one himself.
4. What happened on John and Ruby's wedding night?
(a) They got in a car wreck.
(b) They had a romantic evening.
(c) Ruby left John.
(d) John ripped Ruby's clothing, pawed at her, and hurt her.
5. Why did Frances want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
(a) Frances wanted Ruby and her daughter to be friends.
(b) Ruby asked if she could help out.
(c) She liked the idea of having a white servant.
(d) No one else would do it.
6. After her first day of work in the Hoover house, what did Ruby come home to?
(a) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her lingerie.
(b) John Woodrow making dinner with another woman.
(c) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her diamonds.
(d) John Woodrow beating another woman.
7. Who interrupted Jack and Ruby's first conversation?
(a) Tiny Fran.
(c) John Woodrow.
(d) A migrant worker.
8. When recalling her diagnosis, what does Ruby think of?
(a) Her funeral.
(b) Her father's death.
(c) Her grandmother's death.
(d) Her unhappy life.
9. How did Ruby and John get married?
(a) In a church.
(b) At Ruby's family farm.
(c) In Las Vegas.
(d) They eloped.
10. What does Jack always mess up?
(b) Picking things up at the grocery store.
(c) Showing love.
(d) Saying the right thing.
11. After Ruby found out her husband was injured, what did Jack offer her?
(a) His hand in marriage.
(c) Help if she needed it.
(d) A ride back to the Pitt farm.
12. Why was Ruby told to clean the Hoover house so thoroughly?
(a) Mrs. Hoover was anal retentive.
(b) The governor was coming to dinner.
(c) It was filthy.
(d) In preparation for Tiny Fran's wedding.
13. What did Jack's mother never do?
(b) Bake pies.
14. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
(a) She was promiscuous.
(b) She was the love of his life.
(c) She was beautiful.
(d) She was ugly.
15. What did John do that was the last straw for Ruby?
(b) Beat her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say are the two things that carry on after you die?
2. When Ruby is in her coffin, what does Jack do?
3. How important was land to Jack?
4. How much older than Ruby was Jack?
5. What often happened in the Hoover house that Lonnie did not know about?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)