|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, where has Jack been getting his food from for the past few months?
(a) The store.
(b) He cooks.
(c) Burr's refrigerator.
(d) The deep freezer.
2. How did meeting Ruby change Jack's life?
(a) It made him go crazy.
(b) It made him angry.
(c) It defined his life; he became a man.
(d) It made him sad.
3. What did Jack do when his father died?
(a) Yelled at God.
(b) Took a nap.
(c) Yelled at Lonnie.
(d) Walked away.
4. After Ruby found out her husband was injured, what did Jack offer her?
(a) Help if she needed it.
(c) A ride back to the Pitt farm.
(d) His hand in marriage.
5. Who is Jack's wife?
(a) Tiny Fran.
6. What did serving at Tiny Fran's wedding make Ruby think of?
(a) A fancy dinner.
(b) Her own sorry wedding.
(c) Sudie Bee scolding a servant for sticking his fingers in the cake.
(d) Her hatred for Tiny Fran.
7. Did Jack think that Burr truly had a choice in marrying Tiny Fran?
(c) He wasn't sure.
8. What is Ruby's dying request?
(a) A hot shower.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A kiss.
9. When Ruby is in her coffin, what does Jack do?
(a) Knocks over the casket.
(b) Fixes her make-up.
(c) Hides her ashy fingers.
(d) Gives her a kiss.
10. How did John Woodrow plan to buy a house?
(a) By saving.
(b) By asking Ruby's father for her portion of her inheritance early.
(c) By gambling.
(d) By building one himself.
11. What did Ruby want to do to John Woodrow, but never got the chance?
(a) Tell him she loved him.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Shoot him.
12. As a young woman, what was Ruby's most prized possession?
(a) Her cat.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) Her car.
(d) Fancy lingerie.
13. How did Ruby and John get married?
(a) In Las Vegas.
(b) At Ruby's family farm.
(c) In a church.
(d) They eloped.
14. What is Ruby's bad habit?
15. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
(d) Tiny Fran.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jack's father die?
2. After finally having enough of John, what did Ruby do?
3. What often happened in the Hoover house that Lonnie did not know about?
4. Where did Ruby and John finally land?
5. Why did Burr agree to marry Tiny Fran?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)