|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack always mess up?
(a) Picking things up at the grocery store.
(b) Saying the right thing.
(c) Showing love.
2. Ruby refused to nurse John Woodrow, but who did she say she would if she needed to?
(b) Tiny Fran.
(c) Her mother.
3. Who is the narrator of Chapter 1?
(c) John Woodrow.
4. What was Jack's mother like?
(a) Kind and gentle.
(d) Tough and strong.
5. When they first met, what did Jack tell Ruby about her husband?
(a) He had been in a bar fight.
(b) He was a jerk.
(c) He smelled bad.
(d) He would leave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack's wife?
2. What does Ruby realize a dying person needs?
3. When Ruby was a child, who really did all the work around the house?
4. Who showed Ruby how to smoke?
5. On her second day of work at the Hoover house, what did Ruby fear Tiny Fran would associate her with?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)