|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her first day of work in the Hoover house, what did Ruby come home to?
(a) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her diamonds.
(b) John Woodrow and a young girl who was wearing her lingerie.
(c) John Woodrow beating another woman.
(d) John Woodrow making dinner with another woman.
2. What did John do that was the last straw for Ruby?
(c) Beat her.
3. Before John, what was the worst thing to happen to Ruby?
(a) Her father beat her up once.
(b) She was raped.
(c) Her grandmother died.
(d) She was kidnapped.
4. Why was Ruby told to clean the Hoover house so thoroughly?
(a) The governor was coming to dinner.
(b) It was filthy.
(c) Mrs. Hoover was anal retentive.
(d) In preparation for Tiny Fran's wedding.
5. Before they were married, what did Ruby tell Jack she wanted him to do?
(a) Plant potatoes.
(b) Buy her a car.
(c) Take care of her.
(d) Move to Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Ruby chosen to work in the Hoover house?
2. Why was Ruby angry about having to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
3. What often happened in the Hoover house that Lonnie did not know about?
4. How does Jack react to Ruby's diagnosis?
5. Why did Frances want Ruby to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)