|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ruby marry John Woodrow?
(a) Her mother told her to.
(b) She had known him all her life and really loved him.
(c) He was the first to ask and she didn't have the sense to say "No."
(d) Her father made her do it.
2. Who informed Ruby of John's death?
(a) A migrant worker.
(d) Tiny Fran.
3. What happened on John and Ruby's wedding night?
(a) They got in a car wreck.
(b) They had a romantic evening.
(c) John ripped Ruby's clothing, pawed at her, and hurt her.
(d) Ruby left John.
4. Initially, how did Ruby perceive John Woodrow?
(b) Old and decrepit.
(c) Handsome and romantic, like a movie star.
5. What did Jack do when his father died?
(a) Took a nap.
(b) Yelled at Lonnie.
(c) Yelled at God.
(d) Walked away.
Short Answer Questions
1. After John's death, why didn't Ruby go back to her family's farm?
2. After finding her husband with another woman, what did Ruby do?
3. Where did Ruby and John finally land?
4. What was Jack's mother like?
5. How does Jack feel about Ruby after she has passed?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)