|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John Woodrow plan to buy a house?
(a) By asking Ruby's father for her portion of her inheritance early.
(b) By building one himself.
(c) By saving.
(d) By gambling.
2. Why did Lonnie want Tiny Fran to get married?
(a) Tiny Fran was in love.
(b) Lonnie was tired of having her around.
(c) Tiny Fran would soon be a spinster.
(d) To alleviate all future issues.
3. How did Ruby meet John Woodrow?
(a) Jack Stokes introduced them.
(b) He was a local salesman that came to the door one day.
(c) He was a migrant worker on her family's farm.
(d) Her mother set her up on a blind date.
4. What did Burr truly think of Tiny Fran?
(a) She was ugly.
(b) She was beautiful.
(c) She was the love of his life.
(d) She was promiscuous.
5. Ruby refused to nurse John Woodrow, but who did she say she would if she needed to?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Tiny Fran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupted Jack and Ruby's first conversation?
2. Would Jack have turned down Tiny Fran if she had been offered to him?
3. How old was Jack when his mother died?
4. Why did John Woodrow call Ruby a profane name?
5. How much older than Ruby was Jack?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)