|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack feel that Lonnie was partially responsible for his father's death?
(a) Lonnie murdered him.
(b) Lonnie owned the gun that killed Jack's father.
(c) Lonnie worked Jack's father to death.
(d) His father was driving the tractor at Lonnie's request.
2. What did Ruby have to teach herself to do?
(a) Sleep with her eyes open.
(c) Fold napkins.
(d) Hitch a mule.
3. How could Jack tell Ruby was not a typical migrant worker?
(a) She spoke with a French accent.
(b) He knew her family.
(c) He knew all the other migrants and had never seen her.
(d) By her smooth skin.
4. Who is the first woman Jack ever really loved?
(d) Tiny Fran.
5. What was Ruby's upbringing like?
(a) She was neglected.
(b) She lived on the streets.
(d) Sheltered, but loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ruby's first husband?
2. Who showed Ruby how to smoke?
3. After Ruby found out her husband was injured, what did Jack offer her?
4. Who hated Ruby?
5. Why was Ruby angry about having to serve at Tiny Fran's wedding?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)