• Chapter One is narrated by Jack.
• Jack's wife, Ruby, has died of lung cancer.
• Ruby had filled the deep freezer with food for Jack before she died.
• Jack's final memory of Ruby is of her asking for a cigarette on her deathbed.
• Ruby is the narrator of Chapter Two.
• Ruby is stocking the freezer so Jack won't have to take care of himself for a while.
• Ruby recalls the day she was diagnosed, and that Jack said he did not believe she would die.
• Ruby was upset by Jack trying to console her; she really just needed a dose of reality.
• Ruby recalls when her grandmother passed away when she was a child and a similar situation happened with her grandmother and grandfather.
• Ruby came to realize that everyone grieves in their own way.
• Jack recalls how his mother was strong and tough.
• Jack knows...
This section contains 1,462 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)