Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1-2 Abstract
* Chapter One is narrated by Jack.
* Jack's wife, Ruby, has died of lung cancer.
* Ruby had filled the deep freezer with food for Jack before she died.
* Jack's final memory of Ruby is of her asking for a cigarette on her deathbed.
Chapter 3 Abstract
* Ruby is the narrator of Chapter Two.
* Ruby is...
This section contains 1,630 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)