* Chapter One is narrated by Jack.
* Jack's wife, Ruby, has died of lung cancer.
* Ruby had filled the deep freezer with food for Jack before she died.
* Jack's final memory of Ruby is of her asking for a cigarette on her deathbed.
* Ruby is the narrator of Chapter Two.
* Ruby is stocking the freezer so Jack won't have to take care of himself for a while.
* Ruby recalls the day she was diagnosed, and that Jack said he did not believe she would die.
* Ruby was upset by Jack trying to console her; she really just needed a dose of reality.
* Ruby recalls when her grandmother passed away when she was a child and a similar situation happened with her grandmother and grandfather.
* Ruby came to realize that everyone grieves in their own way.
* Jack recalls how his mother was strong and tough.
* Jack knows...
This section contains 1,462 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)