|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is separated from morality, according to Chapter 9?
2. What can happen if a woman loves her children only out of a sense of duty or because they are her own children?
3. What does Wollstonecraft say about modest men?
4. What does section three of Chapter 13 address?
5. What does Wollstonecraft address in the fifth section of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of education, according to the fifth section of Chapter 13? How do silly mothers damage children?
2. What does Wollstonecraft say religion must be based on in the first section of Chapter 13?
3. What women are most respected in society? Why?
4. Why does Wollstonecraft advocate national schools, according to the end of Chapter 12?
5. How do women learn to behave as wives, according to Chapter 11?
6. How can women bring out modesty from chastity?
7. What does Wollstonecraft say about sex in Chapter 8?
8. Why is morality undermined in women's lives, according to Wollstonecraft?
9. Explain what happens to children who are raised by parents who work from the heart and an understanding of the child?
10. Why does Wollstonecraft advocate national schools, according to the end of Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mary Wollstonecraft. How did her upbringing help shape her philosophy about the inequality of men and women? What influence did she have on feminist philosophy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wollstonecraft's thoughts on parenting. How are children parented in Wollstonecraft's society? What does Wollstonecraft think of this? What changes does Wollstonecraft want to see in the parenting paradigm?
Essay Topic 3
Define virtue. Why should people attain virtue? How does Wollstonecraft say men and women attain virtue? What does this reveal about Wollstonecraft's society? Why does she disagree with this? How does Wollstonecraft want men and women to attain virtue?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)