|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wollstonecraft say modesty is NOT, according to Chapter 7?
(a) A mean.
(b) A quality.
(d) A virtue.
2. What does Wollstonecraft doubt about chastity?
(a) That anyone is ever truly chaste.
(b) That it actually produces modesty.
(c) That it is a virtue unto itself.
(d) That there is anything more than chastity.
3. What does section three of Chapter 13 address?
(a) Women's fondness for their outward appearance.
(b) Men's fondness for women's outward appearance.
(c) Women's fondness for poetry.
(d) Child rearing.
4. To where are women confined, according to Chapter 9?
(a) Their minds.
(b) Their town.
(c) The church and the home.
(d) Their private sphere.
5. What causes women to become selfish, according to the fourth section of Chapter 13?
(b) Over-fondness of dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Parents who are blindly obeyed are usually obeyed out of _____.
2. What is the term that describes parents caring for children while they are young and children in turn caring for parents when they are elderly?
3. In what educational situation do boys become slovenly?
4. What does Wollstonecraft address in Chapter 7?
5. What are the only professions available to women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wollstonecraft advocate national schools, according to the end of Chapter 12?
2. Why does Wollstonecraft say women should not rely on their husbands for existence?
3. Explain how parents govern their children, according to the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What is the focus of virtue for women, according to Wollstonecraft? How can women behave if they attain that virtue?
5. What does Wollstonecraft say about meek mothers?
6. Where does Wollstonecraft believe education should start?
7. How do women treat their children, according to Wollstonecraft? Why?
8. What is the role of education, according to the fifth section of Chapter 13? How do silly mothers damage children?
9. Why is morality undermined in women's lives, according to Wollstonecraft?
10. Describe the reciprocal duty Wollstonecraft explains in Chapter 11.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)