|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do women think of chastity?
(a) They see it as a duty.
(b) They are indifferent toward it.
(c) They despise it.
(d) They prize it.
2. What do women rarely exhibit, according to Wollstonecraft?
(a) Enlightened maternal affection.
(b) An occasion to spoil their children.
(c) Preference for their children over their husbands.
3. Who does Wollstonecraft say should attend school between the ages of five and nine?
(a) Children who would be unable to be apprentices.
(b) Middle class children.
(c) Rich children.
(d) All children.
4. What is woman's only duty to fulfill?
5. From whom do women want respect, according to Wollstonecraft and Rousseau?
(a) Other women.
(b) their fathers.
(c) The world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can happen if a woman loves her children only out of a sense of duty or because they are her own children?
2. What is the most important aspect in attaining rank and class, according to Chapter 9?
3. Who can get away with falling into sexual immorality?
4. What does Wollstonecraft say would be one measure of success for her educational system?
5. What do women not indulge in, according to Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of education, according to the fifth section of Chapter 13? How do silly mothers damage children?
2. How do women treat their children, according to Wollstonecraft? Why?
3. What does Wollstonecraft say about meek mothers?
4. Why is morality undermined in women's lives, according to Wollstonecraft?
5. What problems does Wollstonecraft see with current methods of education in her society? What solution does she offer?
6. Explain what happens to children who are raised by parents who work from the heart and an understanding of the child?
7. How do women learn to behave as wives, according to Chapter 11?
8. What leads women to the romantic, sentimental twists of the mind, according to the second section of Chapter 13? What solution does Wollstonecraft offer?
9. Why does Wollstonecraft say women should not rely on their husbands for existence?
10. What is the focus of Chapter 9?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)