|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of governing can parents tend to, according to Chapter 10?
2. What does parental affection lead to?
(b) Filial duty.
(c) Rational adults.
3. In what educational situation do boys become slovenly?
(a) Individual education.
(b) Boarding schools.
(c) Religious schools.
(d) Country day schools.
4. What does Wollstonecraft think should happen to men who ruin women?
(a) They should have to work for them.
(b) They should have to marry them.
(c) They should have to support them.
(d) They should have to pay them.
5. How do women whose duties come from a sense of propriety often behave in their own marriages?
(a) As children.
(b) As companions.
(c) As servants.
(d) As tyrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what educational situation do children not learn ingenuity of thought?
2. What is woman's only duty to fulfill?
3. What must women avoid in order to bring modest out of chastity?
4. What do meek wives desire, according to Wollstonecraft?
5. What can be harmful to the growth of parental affection, according to Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What women are most respected in society? Why?
2. How does Wollstonecraft order women's duties in society?
3. What is the focus of Chapter 9?
4. What kind of education does Wollstonecraft support at the beginning of Chapter 12? Why?
5. How does Wollstonecraft explain modesty?
6. What does Wollstonecraft say happens to boys who attend religious schools?
7. What does Wollstonecraft say religion must be based on in the first section of Chapter 13?
8. Where does Wollstonecraft believe education should start?
9. What does Wollstonecraft say about sex in Chapter 8?
10. How do the duties of women contribute to their behavior in marriages?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)