|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wollstonecraft try to address women, according to the Introduction?
(b) With metaphors.
(c) As rational beings.
(d) On an emotional level.
2. What author does Wollstonecraft speak the most highly of in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Macauley.
(b) Mrs. Piozzi.
(c) Mrs. Chapone.
(d) Mrs. Shelley.
3. What does woman's inferior strength keep them from attaining?
4. What is the business of a woman's life?
5. What makes men naturally superior to women?
(a) Their intellect.
(b) Their physical size.
(c) Their beauty.
(d) Their conversational skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are women like the rich?
2. How do men attain regal status?
3. Who has written instructional books that treat women as subordinate?
4. How does Wollstonecraft think boys and girls should play?
5. What is the title of the work by Dr. Gregory Wollstonecraft that he addresses in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wollstonecraft not address every writer who has presented his views on subjugating women?
2. What does Wollstonecraft say is the importance of individual education in Chapter 2? How must it be supplemented?
3. What does Wollstonecraft say about love in Chapter 4? What does she say is better than love?
4. Why does Wollstonecraft not blame women for falling for a rake?
5. How are women made weak, according to the beginning of Chapter 4?
6. How does Wollstonecraft compare women to the rich?
7. How do instructional books written by men treat women?
8. What are Rousseau's views on women, according to Chapter 5?
9. What does Wollstonecraft say about Rousseau's view of women's education?
10. What is included in A Vindication of the Rights of Woman before the first chapter?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)