|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which women in society have the most virtue, according to Wollstonecraft?
(a) Educated women.
(c) Rich women.
(d) Poor women.
2. Wollstonecraft hopes that _____________will forgive her.
(a) Her husband.
3. To what does Wollstonecraft compare women's education?
(a) The rich.
(b) A dance.
(c) The flight of a butterfly.
(d) Military men.
4. What makes Rousseau think women should be weaker and more passive than men?
(a) Their lack of motivation.
(b) Their physical inferiority.
(d) Evidence from the Bible.
5. What does Wollstonecraft say is inferior to virtue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most women rely on instead of education?
2. In what situation does Dr. Gregory tell women not to cultivate their minds?
3. What kind of men easily appeal to women?
4. What does Wollstonecraft say about love?
5. How does Wollstonecraft say God intended mankind to live after the Fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do “rakes” find it easy to appeal to women?
2. What are Rousseau's views on women, according to Chapter 5?
3. Explain what Wollstonecraft says about people of genius in Chapter 3.
4. How does Wollstonecraft compare women to the rich?
5. What is included in A Vindication of the Rights of Woman before the first chapter?
6. What kind of education do women have, according to the Introduction? What kind of women does this produce?
7. What does Wollstonecraft say about Rousseau's view of religion for women?
8. Explain Wollstonecraft's objection to the character of Sophia in Rousseau's Emilie.
9. What does Wollstonecraft say she is pessimistic about in the Introduction? What effect does she see as a result?
10. What does Wollstonecraft say about women's first impressions in Chapter 6?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)