|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the husbands of meek wives portrayed?
(a) As guides.
(b) As wizards.
(c) As lions.
(d) As scarecrows.
2. What are women taught to develop from a very early age?
(a) Proper protocols.
(c) Artificial behavior.
(d) Social niceties.
3. What does Wollstonecraft say about modest men?
(a) They are presumptuous.
(b) They are timid.
(c) They are steady.
(d) They are passionate.
4. What is woman's only duty to fulfill?
5. What does Wollstonecraft see as a solution to the disadvantages of both private and public schools?
(a) Eliminate all systems and restart from scratch.
(b) Blend them.
(c) Root them in religion.
(d) Secularize them.
6. From where should women get advice about what to read, according to Chapter 13?
(a) Someone they admire.
(b) Their mothers or sisters.
(c) Their husbands or fathers.
(d) Their former schoolmasters.
7. To what would women progress if they were given the same fundamental rights and freedoms as men?
(c) Ideal motherhood.
8. What kind of mothers do meek wives make?
9. What can a woman's behavior and reputation undermine, according to Wollstonecraft?
(a) Her family's morality.
(b) Her husband's morality.
(c) Her rationality.
(d) Her morality.
10. What does Wollstonecraft say women want?
(a) To be married.
(b) To be equals.
(c) To be ladies.
(d) To be mothers.
11. What does Wollstonecraft address in Chapter 7?
12. From where does a lot of the misery of the world stem?
(b) Negligence of children.
(c) Parental negligence.
(d) Lack of reason.
13. How do women whose duties come from a sense of propriety often behave in their own marriages?
(a) As tyrants.
(b) As children.
(c) As servants.
(d) As companions.
14. What does Wollstonecraft discuss the effects of in Chapter 9?
(b) Rank and class.
(c) Gender stereotypes.
15. What can be harmful to the growth of parental affection, according to Chapter 10?
(a) Live-in servants.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) The use of a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wollstonecraft say would be one measure of success for her educational system?
2. What do meek wives desire, according to Wollstonecraft?
3. What can happen if a woman loves her children only out of a sense of duty or because they are her own children?
4. What does Wollstonecraft think of women being closed up in convents and boarding schools?
5. Who wrote Some Thoughts Concerning Education?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)