|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What practice reinforces women's inferiority and goes against nature?
(a) Women in business.
(c) Women forced to remain at home.
(d) Remaining single.
2. What does Wollstonecraft want women to acquire?
3. What does woman's inferior strength keep them from attaining?
4. Over whom doesWollstonecraft want women to have power?
(d) Other women.
5. According to Chapter 6, what has a determinate effect on women's characters?
(b) Religious upbringing.
(c) Formal education.
(d) Early associations and ideas.
6. To what does Wollstonecraft compare women's education?
(a) The flight of a butterfly.
(b) The rich.
(c) A dance.
(d) Military men.
7. What is the only pursuit women are taught to have?
(b) They are not taught any pursuit.
(c) The attainment of beauty.
(d) The arts.
8. How does Wollstonecraft think boys and girls should play?
(d) Within specific age groups.
9. What type of women delight in using whatever small power they have?
(a) The rich.
(b) The uneducated.
(c) The sophisticated.
(d) The poor.
10. How are women like the rich?
(a) Both exploit others.
(b) Both are born with a set of privileges.
(c) Both are misunderstood.
(d) Both are kept from society.
11. What usually happens to any amount of power a woman gets?
(a) It is an illusion.
(b) It grows.
(c) It fades away.
(d) It is taken away.
12. Who argues that man is a solitary animal?
(a) Dr. Gregory.
13. Why do women's opinions waver?
(a) They listen to men's opinions.
(b) They seek to please others above all else.
(c) They waver with the acquisition of knowledge.
(d) They have contradictory emotions.
14. What makes men naturally superior to women?
(a) Their physical size.
(b) Their beauty.
(c) Their intellect.
(d) Their conversational skills.
15. Who has written instructional books that treat women as subordinate?
(c) Church authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do love and arbitrary passion reign?
2. What does Wollstonecraft think of the idea of a coquette as natural?
3. What causes error and evil?
4. Women are slaves to _______________.
5. In what situation does Dr. Gregory tell women not to cultivate their minds?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)