|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which women in society have the most virtue, according to Wollstonecraft?
(a) Poor women.
(b) Educated women.
(d) Rich women.
2. In what situation does Dr. Gregory tell women not to cultivate their minds?
(a) If they must work outside the home.
(b) If they are nobility.
(c) If they have children.
(d) If they intend to marry.
3. What kind of mothers do meek wives make?
4. What does Wollstonecraft say about humble men?
(a) They are steady.
(b) They are timid.
(c) They are presumptuous.
(d) They are passionate.
5. What does Wollstonecraft think of women being closed up in convents and boarding schools?
(a) She objects.
(b) Policies need to be reformed.
(c) She supports it.
(d) She sees the benefits, but it is risky.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the husbands of meek wives portrayed?
2. Who is the first author Wollstonecraft addresses in Chapter 5?
3. What does Wollstonecraft conclude would happen if women were given more freedom?
4. What does parental affection lead to?
5. Where does Wollstonecraft say there is little true heroism found anymore?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)