|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wollstonecraft say women should wash and dress, regardless of rank?
(a) In pairs.
(b) In groups.
2. What makes Rousseau think women should be weaker and more passive than men?
(a) Evidence from the Bible.
(b) Their physical inferiority.
(d) Their lack of motivation.
3. Why are the women whom Wollstonecraft knows miserable?
(a) Their marriages were arranged.
(b) They are forced to work outside their homes.
(c) Their husbands are all away at war.
(d) Their educations have been neglected.
4. What do women shy away from when it comes to men?
(b) Physical appearance.
(d) Their parents' advice.
5. What kind of women does society speak out against?
(a) Masculine women.
(b) Women who work outside their homes.
(c) Women who choose not to marry.
(d) Feminine women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wollstonecraft say “warps the understanding” and thwarts civilization's progress?
2. According to Chapter 6, what has a determinate effect on women's characters?
3. What are women taught to develop from a very early age?
4. What makes men naturally superior to women?
5. Who argues that man is a solitary animal?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)