|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of women delight in using whatever small power they have?
(a) The sophisticated.
(b) The uneducated.
(c) The rich.
(d) The poor.
2. What is the only pursuit women are taught to have?
(b) The arts.
(c) They are not taught any pursuit.
(d) The attainment of beauty.
3. How does Wollstonecraft try to address women, according to the Introduction?
(b) As rational beings.
(c) With metaphors.
(d) On an emotional level.
4. What does Wollstonecraft think of the idea of a coquette as natural?
(a) She thinks it will change.
(b) She feels the need to do more research before making a claim.
(c) She thinks it has its merits.
(d) She thinks it is absurd.
5. What kind of women does society speak out against?
(a) Masculine women.
(b) Women who choose not to marry.
(c) Feminine women.
(d) Women who work outside their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Wollstonecraft compare women's education?
2. Wollstonecraft hopes that _____________will forgive her.
3. What does Wollstonecraft call for to reform women's manners?
4. How do Rousseau and Dr. Gregory make women appear?
5. In what situation does Dr. Gregory tell women not to cultivate their minds?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)