|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position in the Provisional Revolutionary Government did Tang receive?
(a) Minister of the Interior.
(b) Minister of Justice.
(c) Foreign Minister.
(d) Cabinet Secretary.
2. Where did the Northern escape routes directly lead to?
(b) Cambodia's Pre Veng Province.
(d) The Ho Chi Minh Trail.
3. When Tang revisited Hanoi in 1974, what did he note about the Ho Chi Minh Trail?
(a) The original paths had grown dense with jungle foilage.
(b) The route had become a system of two-lane roads.
(c) The dirt paths were unchanged from years past.
(d) Transportation was non-existant.
4. How did Tang respond when he is asked to join the new government in Vietnam?
(a) He declines, saying he is ill.
(b) He accepts and hopes to change the government from within.
(c) He accepts but never shows up to duty.
(d) He refuses, voicing his objections to the government's stances.
5. What happened when the city of Hue was taken by the NLF and Northern troops in January, 1968?
(a) Citizens ran away and the city was nearly empty.
(b) The city was taken peacefully.
(c) The NLF gave the directive to carry out massacres there.
(d) Many people were murdered due to inadequate discipline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were most of the Southern guerrillas pressing hard for in Chapter 18?
2. What was the American Senate's Hatfield amendment?
3. Who was the only professional sailor on board the boat Tang and his wife escaped on?
4. How could the significance of the Alliance and the PRG be substantially reenhanced?
5. Where did the NLF establish a new headquarters after America's Cambodian attack?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)