|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thieu force university and high school students to do in 1970?
(a) Attend military and training exercises.
(b) Stay in school at all costs.
(c) Take jobs within the military.
(d) Refuse visits with family and friends.
2. What was Sihanouk's title in Cambodia in early 1970?
3. On the day of celebration at Independence Palace Square to celebrate the Vietnamese victory at last, which military units were the last to appear in the parade?
(a) The Democratic Republic of North Vietnam.
(b) The Vietcong units.
(c) The Soviet Army.
(d) The North Vietnamese Army.
4. Where did the NLF establish a new headquarters after America's Cambodian attack?
(c) Komchai Meas.
5. In what way did the Saigon forces utilize the PRG's relative passivity to their advantage in Chapter 18?
(a) They fought to gain land and population in PRG areas of control.
(b) The PRG's passivity was ignored completely.
(c) The Saigon forces had no way to gain advantages due to the PRG's passiveness.
(d) They publicly agreed with the PRG's stance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the American Senate's Hatfield amendment?
2. Who was the American Ambassador trying to arrange the appearance of a real election in Saigon in Chapter 17?
3. Why were the dates of June 6th through 8th chosen to organize the congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government?
4. As long as American strength supported the Saigon government, how did the NLF feel about the idea of total victory?
5. How did Tang respond when he is asked to join the new government in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Article 9 out of the Paris Accord call for the creation of?
2. What access to information did the leaders of the PRG have in the Maquis?
3. How did Tang come to the difficult conclusion that he had to leave Vietnam after all he had been through?
4. At the celebration for the victory of the North in Saigon, Tang asked Van Tien Dung where his Vietcong divisions one, three, five, seven, and nine are. What was his answer?
5. Why were Nixon and Kissinger unable to comprehend the issues in Vietnam that prevented an American success there?
6. How did the members of the PRG survive and live in their rough circumstances?
7. Why was Prince Sihanouk's removal as head of the Cambodian government a source of anxiety for the NLF?
8. Why was the organizing congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) held on June 6, 7 and 8, 1969?
9. In what ways did Thieu antagonize students and workers in 1970s Saigon?
10. What was the new attitude seen first from the North toward the alliance as exhibited in Chapter 16?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)