|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Article 9 of the Paris Accords call for the creation of?
(a) A humanitarian ideal of a Socialist nature.
(b) A National Council of Reconciliation.
(c) A Korean-style equilibrium vision.
(d) A greater role of the Saigon government in negotiations.
2. Where did Tang's escape by boat from Vietnam end up taking him to freedom?
(a) An oil rig station.
(b) Poulo Condore.
(c) Galang Island.
3. When Tang revisited Hanoi in 1974, what did he note about the Ho Chi Minh Trail?
(a) The dirt paths were unchanged from years past.
(b) The original paths had grown dense with jungle foilage.
(c) Transportation was non-existant.
(d) The route had become a system of two-lane roads.
4. How did Nixon and Kissinger justify the Tet offensive bombings and invasion of Cambodia?
(a) A propaganda war of words was won.
(b) It increased American unity.
(c) It brought an end to the American anti-war protests.
(d) It gained an essential year of time.
5. What was the prime enemy of the guerrillas considered to be in the jungle?
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Saigon troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which unit member was very popular for what he could provide the guerrillas with?
2. What were "elephant's intestines?"
3. What was Ba Cap's personality like?
4. What was the American Senate's Hatfield amendment?
5. What statement did Henry Kissinger make in a 1968 "Foreign Affairs" article?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had escaping Vietnam by boat become a great topic of conversation in the first days following northern liberation?
2. Why does Tang come out of retirement and return to Saigon?
3. When Tang arrived in Hanoi in 1974, after a thirty-year absence, what conditions did he encounter?
4. What did the NLF fighters do when they were not fighting or sick?
5. What was the new attitude seen first from the North toward the alliance as exhibited in Chapter 16?
6. Why was the organizing congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) held on June 6, 7 and 8, 1969?
7. How did Tang come to the difficult conclusion that he had to leave Vietnam after all he had been through?
8. When Tang's boat during his escape was attacked by pirates, why wasn't the situation as horrible as some others had been?
9. When Tang visited Budapest in Chapter 20, what might be said to have been the motives of the Budapest government while they treated Tang to a visitor's tour and comforts?
10. How did the members of the PRG survive and live in their rough circumstances?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)