|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the motto for Dung's opportune moment of a campaign on the assault of Saigon in April, 1974?
(a) "Public Enthusiasm and Western Humiliation At All Costs."
(b) "Human Liberation for the People."
(c) "Fighting and Talking."
(d) "Marvelous Speed, Boldness, Surprise, and Certain Victory."
2. How did Nixon and Kissinger justify the Tet offensive bombings and invasion of Cambodia?
(a) It increased American unity.
(b) A propaganda war of words was won.
(c) It brought an end to the American anti-war protests.
(d) It gained an essential year of time.
3. How did Tran Back Dang get himself in trouble with the COSVN in Chapter 19?
(a) He lightly said the workers' movement was worse than bad.
(b) He was taking matters into his own hands too much.
(c) He made a speech vilifying the Party.
(d) He allowed his regional loyalties to interfere with his Party duties.
4. Where did the NLF establish a new headquarters after America's Cambodian attack?
(d) Komchai Meas.
5. What were all of the attendants aware of at the PRG meeting in January of 1972?
(a) They were losing the war.
(b) Cambodia would take over Vietnam.
(c) That the Soviets and China were pulling away.
(d) Their struggle was reaching a turning point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tang consider to be the "fourth front" for the NLF's cause?
2. Why did the PRG believe that having Tang's brothers working for the South Vietnamese government might help their cause?
3. What American events attracted the attention of the nationalists in 1973?
4. What directives emerged from a COSVN/PRG meeting held in Chapter 22?
5. In what way did the Saigon forces utilize the PRG's relative passivity to their advantage in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the organizing congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) held on June 6, 7 and 8, 1969?
2. What did the NLF fighters do when they were not fighting or sick?
3. How did the members of the PRG survive and live in their rough circumstances?
4. Why were Nixon and Kissinger unable to comprehend the issues in Vietnam that prevented an American success there?
5. At the celebration for the victory of the North in Saigon, Tang asked Van Tien Dung where his Vietcong divisions one, three, five, seven, and nine are. What was his answer?
6. In what ways did Thieu antagonize students and workers in 1970s Saigon?
7. Why does Tang come out of retirement and return to Saigon?
8. What became of Tang's two brothers, both of whom had stayed in Saigon throughout the war?
9. What did Nguyen Van Thieu make clear immediately upon Tran Van Lam's signing of the Paris accords?
10. When Tang visited Budapest in Chapter 20, what might be said to have been the motives of the Budapest government while they treated Tang to a visitor's tour and comforts?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)