|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ba Cap's personality like?
(a) Quiet and studious.
(b) Good-tempered and funny.
(c) Abrasive and vociferous.
(d) Well-liked and personable.
2. What did Nguyen Van Thieu do upon his foreign minister's signing of a peace accord?
(a) He made it clear that he was ready for a coalition government.
(b) He went on the air over Radio Hanoi to announce the signing.
(c) He broadcast no intention of abiding by it.
(d) He showed good will intentions toward the PRG.
3. Why were the dates of June 6th through 8th chosen to organize the congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government?
(a) To upstage a Nixon-Thieu meeting being held on Midway Island.
(b) The dates are anniversaries of grandparents' deaths.
(c) To commemmorate the founding of the NLF.
(d) To honor Ho Chi Minh's birthday.
4. What effect did America's invasion into Cambodia have on the NLF?
(a) It had no effect.
(b) A renewed spirit to fight the enemy.
(c) Acute physical and emotional hardship.
(d) They gained the support of Cambodians.
5. What did the Western delegates at the International Association of Democratic Jurists in Algeria do to surprise Tang in Chapter 20?
(a) They showed a lack of manners when refusing to acknowledge the PRG.
(b) They cheered on America's military greatness in his presence.
(c) They feted the Party and ignored the PRG.
(d) They showed fervid public enthusiasm at America's humiliation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tang's last official function in Algeria?
2. Why was an advisory Council of Elders formed during the Provisional Revolutionary Government's (PRG) congress?
3. What did Tang do for his brother, Bich, in Chapter 22?
4. What did Thieu force university and high school students to do in 1970?
5. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the organizing congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) held on June 6, 7 and 8, 1969?
2. How had the Ho Chi Minh Trail changed from when it was first created in 1959 until Tang returned to travel it in 1974?
3. What access to information did the leaders of the PRG have in the Maquis?
4. What became of Tang's two brothers, both of whom had stayed in Saigon throughout the war?
5. At the celebration for the victory of the North in Saigon, Tang asked Van Tien Dung where his Vietcong divisions one, three, five, seven, and nine are. What was his answer?
6. Five years after the Communist Party's seminars given to the Alliance/NLF/PRG forces in Kratie, what did Tang come to realize about the cadre's assaults and the party leaders' consequent respect for the nationalist's views?
7. What was the new attitude seen first from the North toward the alliance as exhibited in Chapter 16?
8. Why had escaping Vietnam by boat become a great topic of conversation in the first days following northern liberation?
9. When Tang visited Budapest in Chapter 20, what might be said to have been the motives of the Budapest government while they treated Tang to a visitor's tour and comforts?
10. What did Presidential Minister Tran Buu Kiem whisper to Tang during one the last general meetings involving the leadership of the NLF, PRG, the alliance, and the mass organizations?
This section contains 1,317 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)