|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the various sites for the PRG ministries chosen to be deep within the "Iron Triangle" of sanctuaries and bases, near the Cambodian border?
(a) To stifle communication with COSVN.
(b) As good proection from B-52 and helicopter asssaults.
(c) It was what President Phat deeemed best.
(d) To be close to the Gulf of Thailand.
2. What did Hai Thuan, a Southern cadre of the Vietminh in its war against the French, do in Chapter 22?
(a) He is the minister of justice.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He refuses to petition the politburo about his son.
(d) He leaves his wife and children to go to France.
3. As long as American strength supported the Saigon government, how did the NLF feel about the idea of total victory?
(a) A soon-to-be-accomplished goal.
(b) Determined to win.
(c) Wistful and vague.
4. What was the PRG opposed to?
(a) Being linked to Hanoi.
(b) Troop withdrawals by Nixon.
(c) Revolutionary justice as performed in Hue.
(d) Including people from Central Vietnam in their group.
5. What did Tang hope to obtain upon his trip as part of the PRG's delegation at Algiers' independence celebration?
(a) Material aid for a propaganda campaign.
(b) Help with Mme. Binh's world tour.
(c) Support for the Khmer resistance.
(d) Juridicial reforms in Algeria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the motto for Dung's opportune moment of a campaign on the assault of Saigon in April, 1974?
2. What happened when the city of Hue was taken by the NLF and Northern troops in January, 1968?
3. How did Nixon and Kissinger justify the Tet offensive bombings and invasion of Cambodia?
4. What did Tang do at the International Association of Democratic Jurists in Algeria to insult the Soviets?
5. Why were both Nixon and Kissinger unable to formulate policies that would frustrate the strategies of the North?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nguyen Van Thieu make clear immediately upon Tran Van Lam's signing of the Paris accords?
2. Why had escaping Vietnam by boat become a great topic of conversation in the first days following northern liberation?
3. What was the theme of the seminars given to the Alliance/NLF/PRG leaders in Kratie?
4. Why does Tang come out of retirement and return to Saigon?
5. What access to information did the leaders of the PRG have in the Maquis?
6. Why did the imminent signing of a negotiation agreement in Paris fill Tang and the nationalist forces with hope and excitement?
7. What became of Tang's two brothers, both of whom had stayed in Saigon throughout the war?
8. Five years after the Communist Party's seminars given to the Alliance/NLF/PRG forces in Kratie, what did Tang come to realize about the cadre's assaults and the party leaders' consequent respect for the nationalist's views?
9. What did the NLF fighters do when they were not fighting or sick?
10. When Tang's boat during his escape was attacked by pirates, why wasn't the situation as horrible as some others had been?
This section contains 1,384 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)