|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What directives emerged from a COSVN/PRG meeting held in Chapter 22?
(a) All previous Saigon regime leaders must be executed.
(b) A new flag must be created.
(c) A new political song must be written.
(d) Everyone from the old regime must undergo a rigorous curriculum.
2. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
(a) An attempt to portray Vietnam as a civil conflict.
(b) A political maneuver to stop opposition to the war.
(c) A way to strike at a peace settlement for North and South.
(d) A step-up of American ground troops.
3. Why were the various sites for the PRG ministries chosen to be deep within the "Iron Triangle" of sanctuaries and bases, near the Cambodian border?
(a) As good proection from B-52 and helicopter asssaults.
(b) To be close to the Gulf of Thailand.
(c) It was what President Phat deeemed best.
(d) To stifle communication with COSVN.
4. Why did Tang and his wife move back to Saigon in Chapter 24?
(a) They were bored in the country.
(b) To plan an escape.
(c) The revoluionaries were in the city.
(d) They missed their family.
5. What was Ba Cap's personality like?
(a) Abrasive and vociferous.
(b) Quiet and studious.
(c) Well-liked and personable.
(d) Good-tempered and funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tang and his wife live after he decides to go into seclusion??
2. What was Tang's last official function in Algeria?
3. What did Thieu force university and high school students to do in 1970?
4. What statement did Henry Kissinger make in a 1968 "Foreign Affairs" article?
5. What did the Western delegates at the International Association of Democratic Jurists in Algeria do to surprise Tang in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the imminent signing of a negotiation agreement in Paris fill Tang and the nationalist forces with hope and excitement?
2. At the celebration for the victory of the North in Saigon, Tang asked Van Tien Dung where his Vietcong divisions one, three, five, seven, and nine are. What was his answer?
3. Why were Nixon and Kissinger unable to comprehend the issues in Vietnam that prevented an American success there?
4. What did Presidential Minister Tran Buu Kiem whisper to Tang during one the last general meetings involving the leadership of the NLF, PRG, the alliance, and the mass organizations?
5. When Tang arrived in Hanoi in 1974, after a thirty-year absence, what conditions did he encounter?
6. When Tang visited Budapest in Chapter 20, what might be said to have been the motives of the Budapest government while they treated Tang to a visitor's tour and comforts?
7. Why was Prince Sihanouk's removal as head of the Cambodian government a source of anxiety for the NLF?
8. What did Nguyen Van Thieu make clear immediately upon Tran Van Lam's signing of the Paris accords?
9. What did Article 9 out of the Paris Accord call for the creation of?
10. How did the NLF gain the support of the local population near Kratie, along the western banks of the Mekong?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)