|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the term "neutralize" mean within the context of the Phoenix Program?
(a) To kill.
(b) To leave alone.
(c) To save at all costs.
(d) To let sleep.
2. In the elections of 1976, what did the police do to anyone who did not vote?
(a) Deported them.
(b) Confiscated their ration card.
(c) Threatened their life.
(d) Brought them to the voting centers.
3. What announcement did Le Duan make at the joint meeting of the politburo and central military committee in 1975?
(a) President Thieu had been deposed.
(b) A province near Saigon, Phuoc Long, had fallen.
(c) The troops in Saigon were filled with depression.
(d) Saigon had fallen.
4. What was Ba Cap's personality like?
(a) Good-tempered and funny.
(b) Well-liked and personable.
(c) Abrasive and vociferous.
(d) Quiet and studious.
5. Where were Tang's brothers, Quynh and Bich, sent on June 16, 1975?
(a) To Hanoi.
(b) To their own reeducation points.
(c) To Saigon General Hospital.
(d) To a Soviet camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
2. What was the PRG opposed to?
3. What did Tang bring to the attention of DRV Prime Minister Dong in Chapter 22?
4. As long as American strength supported the Saigon government, how did the NLF feel about the idea of total victory?
5. What was the main goal of the Provisional Revolutionary Government, organized in 1969?
Short Essay Questions
1. Five years after the Communist Party's seminars given to the Alliance/NLF/PRG forces in Kratie, what did Tang come to realize about the cadre's assaults and the party leaders' consequent respect for the nationalist's views?
2. What did Nguyen Van Thieu make clear immediately upon Tran Van Lam's signing of the Paris accords?
3. How did the members of the PRG survive and live in their rough circumstances?
4. How did Tang come to the difficult conclusion that he had to leave Vietnam after all he had been through?
5. When Tang visited Budapest in Chapter 20, what might be said to have been the motives of the Budapest government while they treated Tang to a visitor's tour and comforts?
6. Why was Prince Sihanouk's removal as head of the Cambodian government a source of anxiety for the NLF?
7. When Tang arrived in Hanoi in 1974, after a thirty-year absence, what conditions did he encounter?
8. What was the theme of the seminars given to the Alliance/NLF/PRG leaders in Kratie?
9. What was the goal of Nixon's "Vietnamization," according to the NLF?
10. What did General Trung mean when he joked that "even though we ran like hell, still we'll win" in regard to the NLF's retreat from the southern Cambodian border?
This section contains 1,332 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)