|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the PRG opposed to?
(a) Being linked to Hanoi.
(b) Revolutionary justice as performed in Hue.
(c) Troop withdrawals by Nixon.
(d) Including people from Central Vietnam in their group.
2. Where does Tang and his wife live after he decides to go into seclusion??
(a) On the Ho Chi Minh Trail.
(c) Upstate New York.
(d) Go Vap.
3. What did Tang and the nationalists feel the Paris agreement would give them an opportunity to do as described in Chapter 18?
(a) Increase the fears of partnership with the PRG.
(b) Get an agreement on paper.
(c) Proselytize to the Saigon regime.
(d) Fight externally for a settlement.
4. What did the term "neutralize" mean within the context of the Phoenix Program?
(a) To leave alone.
(b) To kill.
(c) To let sleep.
(d) To save at all costs.
5. Why was the main goal of the Northern forces in 1972 to get the U.S. out of Vietnam?
(a) To stimulate Vietnam's economy.
(b) To isolate the Thieu regime, bringing domestic opposition to them.
(c) To show the world that America was oppressive.
(d) To stop the heavy hits of the B-52 bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did America's invasion into Cambodia have on the NLF?
2. What was Ba Cap's personality like?
3. Where were Tang's brothers, Quynh and Bich, sent on June 16, 1975?
4. What did the Party ideologues decide the NLF troops should do for three months in Kratie?
5. How did Tran Back Dang get himself in trouble with the COSVN in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nguyen Van Thieu make clear immediately upon Tran Van Lam's signing of the Paris accords?
2. Why were Nixon and Kissinger unable to comprehend the issues in Vietnam that prevented an American success there?
3. How did the NLF gain the support of the local population near Kratie, along the western banks of the Mekong?
4. What was the new attitude seen first from the North toward the alliance as exhibited in Chapter 16?
5. What was the goal of Nixon's "Vietnamization," according to the NLF?
6. How did the members of the PRG survive and live in their rough circumstances?
7. When Tang's boat during his escape was attacked by pirates, why wasn't the situation as horrible as some others had been?
8. At the celebration for the victory of the North in Saigon, Tang asked Van Tien Dung where his Vietcong divisions one, three, five, seven, and nine are. What was his answer?
9. How did the COSVN/PRG decide to deal with their recent enemies of the South at the end of the war?
10. When Tang arrived in Hanoi in 1974, after a thirty-year absence, what conditions did he encounter?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)