|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Western delegates at the International Association of Democratic Jurists in Algeria do to surprise Tang in Chapter 20?
(a) They feted the Party and ignored the PRG.
(b) They showed a lack of manners when refusing to acknowledge the PRG.
(c) They showed fervid public enthusiasm at America's humiliation.
(d) They cheered on America's military greatness in his presence.
2. Where did the NLF establish a new headquarters after America's Cambodian attack?
(b) Komchai Meas.
3. What effect did America's invasion into Cambodia have on the NLF?
(a) They gained the support of Cambodians.
(b) It had no effect.
(c) Acute physical and emotional hardship.
(d) A renewed spirit to fight the enemy.
4. Why did Tang accept an appointment as director of the National Rubber Industry in Chapter 24?
(a) He needed to work for money.
(b) Because it made an excellent cover for him.
(c) He was bored and wanted prestige.
(d) His wife insisted he take the job.
5. What did Tang ultimately decide to do about the Communist takeover of his land?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Join the government.
(c) Continue to live in seclusion.
(d) Join an underground revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does elephant taste like according to Tang?
2. The taking of Saigon by Northern forces hinged upon the fall of which centrally located city?
3. What were "elephant's intestines?"
4. What did Tang and the nationalists feel the Paris agreement would give them an opportunity to do as described in Chapter 18?
5. Why did Tang undertake a long trip to Dresden, East Germany in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tang come to the difficult conclusion that he had to leave Vietnam after all he had been through?
2. What access to information did the leaders of the PRG have in the Maquis?
3. When Tang visited Budapest in Chapter 20, what might be said to have been the motives of the Budapest government while they treated Tang to a visitor's tour and comforts?
4. What caused Tran Back Dang to lose acceptance and blight his career with the COSVN?
5. Why were Nixon and Kissinger unable to comprehend the issues in Vietnam that prevented an American success there?
6. Why was the organizing congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) held on June 6, 7 and 8, 1969?
7. Why was Prince Sihanouk's removal as head of the Cambodian government a source of anxiety for the NLF?
8. What did the NLF fighters do when they were not fighting or sick?
9. What did Presidential Minister Tran Buu Kiem whisper to Tang during one the last general meetings involving the leadership of the NLF, PRG, the alliance, and the mass organizations?
10. How did the COSVN/PRG decide to deal with their recent enemies of the South at the end of the war?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)