|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
(a) A step-up of American ground troops.
(b) A political maneuver to stop opposition to the war.
(c) An attempt to portray Vietnam as a civil conflict.
(d) A way to strike at a peace settlement for North and South.
2. What statement did Henry Kissinger make in a 1968 "Foreign Affairs" article?
(a) "Winning is only half the battle."
(b) "Guerrillas win if they don't lose."
(c) "Even though we run like hell, we'll still win."
(d) "A standard army wins if it does not lose."
3. Upon Tang's return to Hanoi in Chapter 20, what does he encounter in the city he has not visited for thirty years?
(a) Dreariness and poverty.
(b) A place of dignity.
(c) Ceaseless turmoil.
(d) A modern and beautified city.
4. Why were the various sites for the PRG ministries chosen to be deep within the "Iron Triangle" of sanctuaries and bases, near the Cambodian border?
(a) To be close to the Gulf of Thailand.
(b) To stifle communication with COSVN.
(c) It was what President Phat deeemed best.
(d) As good proection from B-52 and helicopter asssaults.
5. What did Nguyen Van Thieu do upon his foreign minister's signing of a peace accord?
(a) He went on the air over Radio Hanoi to announce the signing.
(b) He showed good will intentions toward the PRG.
(c) He broadcast no intention of abiding by it.
(d) He made it clear that he was ready for a coalition government.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did the Saigon forces utilize the PRG's relative passivity to their advantage in Chapter 18?
2. Why were the dates of June 6th through 8th chosen to organize the congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government?
3. What was the motto for Dung's opportune moment of a campaign on the assault of Saigon in April, 1974?
4. What American events attracted the attention of the nationalists in 1973?
5. Why did the PRG believe that having Tang's brothers working for the South Vietnamese government might help their cause?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)