Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tang and his colleagues find to be the necessary connection between Marxism and independence?
(a) The war against imperialism.
(b) The interdependence of class struggle.
(c) The role of the intelligentsia in the national revolution.
(d) There was no necessary connection.
2. What did Nguyen Van Thieu do upon his foreign minister's signing of a peace accord?
(a) He showed good will intentions toward the PRG.
(b) He went on the air over Radio Hanoi to announce the signing.
(c) He made it clear that he was ready for a coalition government.
(d) He broadcast no intention of abiding by it.
3. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
(a) A political maneuver to stop opposition to the war.
(b) A way to strike at a peace settlement for North and South.
(c) An attempt to portray Vietnam as a civil conflict.
(d) A step-up of American ground troops.
4. What did Tang's host want most to know from Tang during his visit to Budapest ?
(a) How much support Hungary could give the PRG.
(b) Why the Party was allying itself with the Soviets.
(c) Vietnam's position on the Sino-Soviet dispute.
(d) Whether he was happy to be gone from Russia.
5. What were "elephant's intestines?"
(a) The belts on the guerrillas' pajamas.
(b) Poisonous snakes.
(c) Long tubes of rolled cotton.
(d) Moneys cooked in a pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Madame Phat receive after she spoke of her debt of gratitude to the Party?
2. What did Tang do for his brother, Bich, in Chapter 22?
3. How did Tran Back Dang get himself in trouble with the COSVN in Chapter 19?
4. What does elephant taste like according to Tang?
5. Why were the dates of June 6th through 8th chosen to organize the congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)