|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hai Thuan, a Southern cadre of the Vietminh in its war against the French, do in Chapter 22?
(a) He is the minister of justice.
(b) He refuses to petition the politburo about his son.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He leaves his wife and children to go to France.
2. What was the NLF's response to Nixon's "Vietnamization"?
(a) Retreat and lay low for a number of years.
(b) Move the entire NLF organization to Hanoi.
(c) Set up a formal NLF governmental structure in Saigon.
(d) Step up the use of arms.
3. The taking of Saigon by Northern forces hinged upon the fall of which centrally located city?
(a) Da Nang.
(b) Ban Me Thuot.
(c) Phuoc Long.
4. What did Tang consider to be the "fourth front" for the NLF's cause?
(a) The Paris peace talks.
(b) Public opinion in the United States.
(c) Thieu's government.
(d) The drug wars in Cambodia.
5. What did Tang do for his brother, Bich, in Chapter 22?
(a) He had him released from detention.
(b) He tried to get him released from detention but failed.
(c) He got him a position in the politburo.
(d) He wrote letters to him, giving him advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tang's escape by boat from Vietnam end up taking him to freedom?
2. How could the importance of Tang's and his colleague's roles be measured in Chapter 16?
3. How did Tran Back Dang get himself in trouble with the COSVN in Chapter 19?
4. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
5. What American events attracted the attention of the nationalists in 1973?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)