Short Answer Key
Chapters One through Three
1. What term does Truong Nhu Tang use to describe his childhood?
2. What career did Tang's father decide Tang should pursue?
3. Who did Tang's father allow his sons to interact with outside of the home?
4. Where was Tang first subjected to racial prejudice?
5. The moment Tang or any of his brothers displayed a weakness in any school subject, what did Tang's father do?
Employ a tutor.
6. What did Tang's grandfather teach his clan each Sunday?
The precepts of Confucian ethics.
7. When a revolution in Saigon took place in 1945, which group did Tang join?
The Vanguard Youth.
8. What school subject did Tang enjoy more so than chemistry?
9. What did Tang's father decide to do when violence began to erupt in Saigon in 1945?
Evacuate the family to the provinces....
This section contains 3,371 words|
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)