|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-two through Twenty-four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Party ideologues decide the NLF troops should do for three months in Kratie?
(a) Make plans for future attacks on the ARVN.
(b) Study the fine points of Marxism-Leninism.
(c) Study the peace talks ongoing in Paris.
(d) Exhibit Buddhist and Confucian spirituality.
2. What were the watchwords of the danh va dam strategy used throughout the Paris talks?
(a) Fight and win.
(b) Unionize and gather.
(c) Separate and isolate.
(d) Contradict and stimulate.
3. When Tang met Ho Chi Minh, what was his first impression of the president?
(a) He was inappropriately dressed for the occasion.
(b) He blended in with the other dignitaries.
(c) He was dignified and strong.
(d) He was weak and sickly.
4. What were most of the Southern guerrillas pressing hard for in Chapter 18?
(a) A fundamental split in the revolution.
(b) Internal propaganda.
(c) A commitment to reconciliation.
(d) Le Duan's expertise in manipulation during Paris talks.
5. What break came to Tang and his wife via his wife's brother-in-law?
(a) An opportunity to showcase Tang's war efforts.
(b) The prospect of escape by boat.
(c) They were able to sell their cottage at a profit.
(d) A job prospect without being in the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Tang take at the Societe Sucriere?
2. Why did Tang and his compatriots refuse the radio being offered to them by the Americans readying them for a prisoner exchange?
3. How did Tang meet his second wife?
4. Why were both Nixon and Kissinger unable to formulate policies that would frustrate the strategies of the North?
5. What did Tang ask PRG President Phat concerning the directives established at the COSVN/PRG meeting in Chapter 22?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)