|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-two through Twenty-four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Northern Vietnamese government fearful of American involvement in the fighting in Vietnam in the early 1960s?
(a) The Chinese would then become involved.
(b) A nuclear bomb attack was anticipated.
(c) They had no firearms for a counterattack.
(d) Chances for a peaceful, negotiated settlement would vanish.
2. When Tang met Ho Chi Minh, what was his first impression of the president?
(a) He was dignified and strong.
(b) He blended in with the other dignitaries.
(c) He was inappropriately dressed for the occasion.
(d) He was weak and sickly.
3. What was Ba Cap's personality like?
(a) Abrasive and vociferous.
(b) Quiet and studious.
(c) Well-liked and personable.
(d) Good-tempered and funny.
4. What was Diem preoccupied with throughout his regime?
(a) The farmers and villages.
(b) Internal disloyalty.
(d) His brother's welfare.
5. Who was Thuy Ba?
(a) A Communist Party leader.
(b) The woman who would become Tang's third wife.
(c) Ho Chi Minh's wife.
(d) The doctor who oversaw Tang's care after he was exchanged as a prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the NLF Committee meet in 1961 during Tet?
2. What did Tang bring to the attention of DRV Prime Minister Dong in Chapter 22?
3. Where did the leadership of the North place its focus in the 1966 resolution?
4. What punishment did the tribunal bestow upon Tang, besides prison, that may have interfered deeply with Tang's credibility within Vietnamese society?
5. Why was the main goal of the Northern forces in 1972 to get the U.S. out of Vietnam?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)