|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty-two through Twenty-four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the PRG believe that having Tang's brothers working for the South Vietnamese government might help their cause?
(a) Family ties in the government gave the public reassurance about Tang.
(b) One of the brothers could become a spy.
(c) Tang could be viewed as a double agent.
(d) A brother's family could be held hostage in the future.
2. What was the best-known Ho Chi Minh slogan?
(a) "Our country was doubly exploited."
(b) "The people have come together in a struggle for national liberation."
(c) "Nothing is more precious than independence and liberty."
(d) "Use your knowledge to build the future of our country."
3. What did Article 9 of the Paris Accords call for the creation of?
(a) A humanitarian ideal of a Socialist nature.
(b) A National Council of Reconciliation.
(c) A greater role of the Saigon government in negotiations.
(d) A Korean-style equilibrium vision.
4. According to Tang in Chapter 16, how did America regard the country of Vietnam?
(a) With a view toward economic progress.
(b) As a pawn of strategy.
(c) As a country of people to be saved.
(d) As an independent nation.
5. What did Tang do for his brother, Bich, in Chapter 22?
(a) He had him released from detention.
(b) He got him a position in the politburo.
(c) He tried to get him released from detention but failed.
(d) He wrote letters to him, giving him advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Montagnards' village populations forced by Diem's troops out of the mountains and into the valleys, separating them from their ancestral lands and graves?
2. What did Albert Thao believe about Diem's leadership in Vietnam?
3. Who was the only professional sailor on board the boat Tang and his wife escaped on?
4. What did Tang consider to be the "fourth front" for the NLF's cause?
5. Upon Tang's return to Hanoi in Chapter 20, what does he encounter in the city he has not visited for thirty years?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)