|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four though Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tang's father send Tang's fiance and her father to Paris?
(a) To threaten him with violence.
(b) So Tang and she can marry.
(c) To persuade Tang to return home immediately.
(d) To give him grandchildren quickly.
2. Who was Ngo Dinh Nhu?
(a) Prime Minister of Vietnam.
(b) Leader of the National Revolutionary Movement.
(c) A teacher at Saigon University.
(d) Organizer of the National Liberation Front.
3. What did Tang's father decide to do when violence began to erupt in Saigon in 1945?
(a) Move the family to Thailand.
(b) Join the armed forces.
(c) Ship his sons off to Paris.
(d) Evacuate the family to the provinces.
4. How did Tang know Albert Pham Ngoc Thao?
(a) From Ben Tre Province.
(b) As a good friend at the lycee.
(c) From his days in Paris.
(d) From his meeting with Ho Chi Minh.
5. What did Albert Thao and Tang finally speak to each other about in Chapter 6?
(a) The Diem regime's power.
(b) Their involvement with the NLF.
(c) Tran Van Don's French ties.
(d) The American government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career did Tang's father decide Tang should pursue?
2. What did Tang do in regards to his pharmaceutical studies in Chapter 3?
3. What did some local Mytho guerillas do to Albert Thao?
4. What school subject did Tang enjoy more so than chemistry?
5. What were Agrovilles?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)