|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four though Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Albert Thao capitalize on his role of investigating army officers for disloyalty to Diem?
(a) He was able to spy on anyone he pleased.
(b) He did not have to work very hard.
(c) He would plan a coup in this way.
(d) He developed relationships with prominent military figures.
2. What military position did Diem assign to Albert Thao?
3. What did Tang's grandfather teach his clan each Sunday?
(a) A proper Vietnamese diet.
(b) The precepts of Confucian ethics.
(c) The elements of political regimes.
(d) How to achieve artistic development.
4. What movement did Tang decide to join after his meeting with Ho Chi Minh?
(a) The Fourth Republic.
(b) The Tet Offensive.
(c) Vietnamese independence.
(d) The French Revolution.
5. In Chapter 3, what did Tang become more and more involved with in Paris?
(a) British culture.
(b) His fiance from Vietnam.
(c) Agitation against the war.
(d) His pharmacy studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tang do upon receiving his second draft notice?
2. What job did Tang take at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What did Tang's pregnant wife do when both fathers demanded the couple return home?
4. What career did Tang's father decide Tang should pursue?
5. What happened to Tang ten days before Albert Thao attempted a coup on Khan's regime?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)