Chapters One through Three
1. What term does Truong Nhu Tang use to describe his childhood?
(a) Protected isolation.
(b) Wealthy communists.
(c) Family cocoon.
(d) Family of eight.
2. What career did Tang's father decide Tang should pursue?
3. Who did Tang's father allow his sons to interact with outside of the home?
(b) Merchants in the town and people in school.
(c) Neighborhood boys and teachers.
(d) No one.
4. Where was Tang first subjected to racial prejudice?
(a) In Europe.
(b) During the war.
(c) In America.
(d) In school.
5. The moment Tang or any of his brothers displayed a weakness in any school subject, what did Tang's father do?
(a) Teach them himself.
(b) Employ a tutor.
(c) Punish them.
(d) Restrict their activities.
6. What did Tang's grandfather teach his clan each Sunday?
(a) The precepts of Confucian ethics.
(b) A proper Vietnamese diet.
(c) The elements of political regimes.
(d) How to achieve artistic development.
This section contains 6,280 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)