|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix, An Abstract of a Book Lately Published, Entitled A Treatise of Human Nature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hume identify as the second philosophical relation?
(d) Space and time.
2. How does Hume define productive passions?
(a) As those that produce pleasure and pain.
(b) As those that produce mental stimulants.
(c) As those that produce feelings of numbness.
(d) As those that produce images.
3. What virtue does Hume claim is needed to maintain the family unit?
4. What does Hume call romantic love?
(a) Uncontrollable libido.
(b) Amorous passion.
(c) Red hot passion.
(d) Fun and games.
5. What does Hume call a peculiar feeling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hume say societies need to defend themselves against attack?
2. What does Hume want to know about individuals in this section?
3. Which of the following is another term used for passions?
4. What kind of soul does Hume believe does not exist?
5. What is Hume's first tool of philosophical inquiry?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)