|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 4, On the Sceptical and Other Systems of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Hume say can't produce beliefs?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Imagination and mind.
(c) Sense and reason.
(d) Reaction and action.
2. Hume says impressions are divided into what?
(a) Pride and passions.
(b) Sensation and reflexion.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Ideas and words.
3. What does Hume say helps us produce belief?
(b) The internal world.
(d) The external world.
4. Which of the following is unreliable in terms of perceiving things?
5. What are the two ways in which Hume says one can exist?
(a) Independently of the mind and dependently of the world.
(b) Free of life and imprisoned by life.
(c) Parentally influenced and self-influenced.
(d) Internally and externally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hume claim should not be arrived at instinctively?
2. What does Book One cover regarding human nature?
3. What does Hume say is the chief exercise of the memory?
4. What is the name of the system used to prove the existence of God?
5. Which of the following is the best description of the microscope inquiry?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)