|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 4, On the Sceptical and Other Systems of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of soul does Hume believe does not exist?
(a) The material soul.
(b) The sincere soul.
(c) The immaterial soul.
(d) The frank soul.
2. What does Hume say is the only thing senses give us?
3. What does Hume say impression does not tell us?
(a) There isn't an external world.
(b) Nothing exists.
(c) There isn't an internal world.
(d) We are alive only in our minds.
4. Hume says every simple impression is attended with what?
(a) A correspondent idea.
(b) A correspondent word.
(c) A correspondent title.
(d) A correspondent sentence.
5. What kind of philosophers does Hume claim are confused themselves?
(a) Ones who don't look beyond themselves.
(b) Ones who live and work on their own.
(c) Ones who think but don't do.
(d) Ones who think they have impressions about themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hume's first tool of philosophical inquiry?
2. Hume says everyone can feel the difference between what?
3. What does Hume identify as the second philosophical relation?
4. By what does Hume say cousins are connected?
5. What fruit does Hume use as an example to show our inability to form a just idea without testing it first?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)