|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 4, On the Sceptical and Other Systems of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does a human's substantive knowledge come?
(a) Human senses.
(b) Human passion.
2. What kind of image does Hume say will be presented if one wheels around a burning coal with rapidity?
(a) A reddish orange blur.
(b) Whatever your imagination allows.
(c) A burning pole.
(d) A circle of fire.
3. Hume says impressions are divided into what?
(a) Ideas and words.
(b) Sensation and reflexion.
(c) Pride and passions.
(d) Love and hate.
4. What does Book Two cover regarding human nature?
5. What does Hume say would happen if you denied the existence of the 19th man of a group of twenty?
(a) None of the men in the group would exist.
(b) There would be much immoral behavior.
(c) The twentieth man would not exist.
(d) People would fall in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hume say is the only thing senses give us?
2. What does Hume say takes precedence over ideas?
3. With what does the first truth in Hume's fork principle deal?
4. From where does Hume say sensation arises?
5. Into what does Hume divide knowledge?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)