|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 4, On the Sceptical and Other Systems of Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hume say is stronger than imagination?
2. What object does Hume say is sufficient enough to give him the idea of extension?
(a) The chair.
(b) The bath.
(c) The cabinet.
(d) The table.
3. Hume says complex ideas are divided into what?
(a) Relations, modes and substances.
(b) Solar, molar and code.
(c) Time, place and distance.
(d) Passions, prides and prejudices.
4. Which is the following is the best definition of the razor principle?
(a) If no term can be balanced into equal parts, it's worthless.
(b) If no term can be proven to come from another idea, it has no meaning.
(c) If no term can be imagined by the mind, it can never be fact.
(d) If no term can be sliced into many parts, it can't be understood by a human mind.
5. What does Book One cover regarding human nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an abstract concept?
2. Under what two general classes do relations come?
3. Which of the following was also a British empiricist?
4. What does Hume claim is a fictitious denomination?
5. How does Hume define intuition?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)