|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 2, Of Justice and Injustice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hume think a proper understanding of the will help us to understand?
(b) The passions.
(c) Free will.
2. What was required to regulate society once it had evolved into a certain order?
3. Why does Hume say that neither ideas nor impressions are infinitely divisible?
(a) They are a solid fact.
(b) It takes away from the fact that they are complex.
(c) We would eventually arrive at a number too difficult to perceive.
(d) They can only be divided into four.
4. Which of the following is a disposition involved with the passions?
(a) Deep emotion.
(b) Unattendant emotion.
(c) Attendant emotion.
(d) Sick emotion.
5. What do individuals develop after some social evolution?
(a) Family values.
(b) A sense of justice.
(d) Moral sentiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the following is the best definition of the razor principle?
2. How does Hume define anger?
3. According to Hume, which of the following is a motive built into human nature?
4. Why does Hume say we admire the rich and the powerful?
5. What does Hume say we can direct onto others?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)