|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 2, Of Justice and Injustice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hume define respect?
(a) Feelings of deep envy towards another person.
(b) Listening to someone you don't like.
(c) Loving someone you want to be and perhaps could be.
(d) Feelings of love and humility towards another person.
2. For what does Hume think people mistake their perceptions?
3. Why does Hume think humans, unlike other animals, cannot satisfy their needs from nature alone?
(a) They have an active mind and need to discover new things.
(b) They can't live in a primitive state.
(c) They have to live in an isolated space.
(d) They have more desires than they have means to meet them.
4. What determines whether action is good or bad?
5. Why does Hume think it is impossible to believe in a God?
(a) Religion is too strict.
(b) There are too many different Gods.
(c) People have no direct impression of Him.
(d) Religion does not allow for natural thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do individuals develop after some social evolution?
2. What does Hume say happens to justice over time?
3. Which is the following is the best definition of the razor principle?
4. What is Hume's first tool of philosophical inquiry?
5. How does Hume define anger?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)