|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do they conclude Joe Harman had given them reason to hope?
(a) that they might find other kind people
(b) that their one guard would leave them alone
(c) that they would not be punished for stealing
(d) that they will again see homes and husbands
2. When and how are Jean and Joe finally married?
(a) in August by a Methodist pastor
(b) in May be the local Shire Clerk
(c) in April by a traveling priest
(d) in July by a circuit judge
3. Who are the prisoners being held by the Japanese?
(a) two Australians
(b) two Americans
(c) two Britains
(d) two Canadians
4. Where are the new men now coming from?
(a) from the cities
(b) from thousands of miles away
(c) from Alice Springs
(d) from Tasmania
5. What does Eileen Holland declare is God's will?
(a) the death of her daughter, Jane
(b) the poor quality of their food
(c) the news that her husband has been shot
(d) the long miles of walking
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the reporter of the Sydney Monitor who offers Paget a lift to the Darwin Hotel?
2. Who is Lily?
3. Why is the Japanese sergeant disgraced?
4. How long does Jean say the women stayed in Kuala Telang?
5. How had the women been carrying Ben collard?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)