|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean ask Harman if he can get for them?
(a) some fresh water and fruit
(b) good rice and a place to sleep
(c) a ride on one of the Japanese trucks
(d) Glauber's salts, quinine, and something for skin rashes
2. Who brings a doctor to examine the group?
(a) Maj. Nemu
(b) Capt. Yoniata
(c) Gen. Hiromoto
(d) Col. Nagasaki
3. What does Jean assure Mat Amin bin Taib the women no longer need?
(a) soap and water
(b) rice and fish soup
(c) the luxuries of white mems
(d) the Japanese guard
4. How had the women been carrying Ben collard?
(a) on a litter
(b) on their backs
(c) on a travois
(d) in a small wagon
5. Seeing the suntanned Jean with a baby on her hip, what does Harman think she is?
(a) a Malay spy
(b) the wife of one of the Japanese
(c) a servant girl
(d) a Malay married woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Frith's suggestion for the group?
2. Who is Mat Amin bin Taib?
3. How does Jean carry baby Robin Holland?
4. How long does Jean say the women stayed in Kuala Telang?
5. What does Mrs. Frith say about Kuantan?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)