|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ferris describe Donal Macfadden?
(a) as a trouble maker and difficult patient
(b) as a man who fought unsuccessfully to live
(c) as a delicate, popular, and multi-lingual lieutenant
(d) as burned almost beyond recognition
2. How does Strachan certify Donald's death?
(a) newspaper clippings from the time
(b) from the doctor at Camp 206 at the time of Donald's death
(c) records in the war office
(d) an affidavit from friends who knew him
3. Beyond the annual trust funds, what is Strachan authorized to do for Jean?
(a) he can help her get bank loans
(b) he can release some of her principle
(c) he can reinvest her basic funds
(d) he can adjust the amount for inflation
4. How does Harman get the supplies Jean asks for?
(a) stealing from a shop keeper
(b) saying the supplies are for the Japanese
(c) trading his wristwatch
(d) trading some Japanese petrol from the trucks
5. What does Jean Paget present to Strachan when she arrives in his office?
(a) a letter from her attorney
(b) fresh baked biscuits
(c) proof of her identity
(d) a basket of fruit
Short Answer Questions
1. Seeing the suntanned Jean with a baby on her hip, what does Harman think she is?
2. Who are the prisoners being held by the Japanese?
3. Why does Jean hardly remember her late uncle?
4. After landing her job in 1939, how long does Jean work?
5. How many Japanese guards are assigned to the women and children?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)