|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With her principle invested, how much will Jean receive annually?
(a) £900 after taxes
(b) £4000 after taxes
(c) £1,550 after taxes
(d) £100 after taxes
2. How many Japanese guards are assigned to the women and children?
(d) only one
3. Why does Sugamo order that Harman be removed from the tree and taken to a hospital?
(a) Sugamo wants the natives to see his kindness
(b) Sugamo has a change of heart and remorseful
(c) Sugamo fears he might be reprimanded for torturing a prisonerd
(d) Sugamo cannot fulfill his last wish and thus show Bushido
4. How does Jean Paget think about Harman had they met under other circumstances?
(a) that they would never have talked to one another
(b) that things might have been different between them
(c) that his memory would keep her from ever marrying
(d) that they probably would not like one another
5. What effect does Jean's letter have on Strachan?
(a) he decides she is too much trouble
(b) he gets into a dark mood
(c) he becomes alarmed for her safety
(d) he puts it aside and forgets it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings a doctor to examine the group?
2. How had the women been carrying Ben collard?
3. What is Mrs. Frith's suggestion for the group?
4. What does Strachan agree to allow Harman to do?
5. What does Strachan research about Jean's ancestors?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)