|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Jean from receiving the inheritance immediately?
(a) they must have legal proof of her sanity
(b) they must have legal proof of her brother's death
(c) they must have legal proof of her birth
(d) they must have legal proof of her immigration status
2. What does jean remember Joe Harman telling her?
(a) about Alice Sprigs
(b) about Sydney
(c) about kangaroos
(d) about walkabouts
3. What happens to Ellen Forbes?
(a) she marries a Japanese soldier
(b) she gets pregnant
(c) she comes down with malaria
(d) she disappears
4. How does Strachan certify Donald's death?
(a) an affidavit from friends who knew him
(b) from the doctor at Camp 206 at the time of Donald's death
(c) newspaper clippings from the time
(d) records in the war office
5. Who does Jean describe as a fair-haired, powerfully built man speaking slowly with a drawl?
(a) Cpl. Ben Leggett
(b) Pvt. Jack Hammand
(c) Sgt. Marion York
(d) Sgt. Joe Harman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean assure Mat Amin bin Taib the women no longer need?
2. What does Jean know from her own experience in the Malay jungles?
3. What do the villagers at Temerloh give what is left of the group?
4. Who gives them homemade medicine for the dengue fever?
5. How does Jean classify her time during World War II?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)