|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mat Amin bin Taib?
(a) an escaped prisoner who has seen their husbands
(b) a Japanese interpreter
(c) the headman at Kuala Telang
(d) a Malay provencial governor
2. What does jean remember Joe Harman telling her?
(a) about Alice Sprigs
(b) about walkabouts
(c) about Sydney
(d) about kangaroos
3. When telling Jean about Donald, what does Strachan try to do?
(a) paint a clear picture
(b) refuse to give her the details
(c) spare her sensibilities
(d) make her shed tears
4. Who shows up at Strachan's office a week after Jean's letter arrives?
(a) a Chinese man, Bun Tai Lin
(b) a messenger from the Australian Embassy
(d) Joe Harman
5. How does Harman get the supplies Jean asks for?
(a) saying the supplies are for the Japanese
(b) stealing from a shop keeper
(c) trading his wristwatch
(d) trading some Japanese petrol from the trucks
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Japanese guards are assigned to the women and children?
2. What is the unusual situation of the women when the sergeant dies?
3. How are they told they must get to Singapore?
4. In the hospital, how had Joe referred to Jean Paget?
5. Who does Jean describe as a fair-haired, powerfully built man speaking slowly with a drawl?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)