|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Japanese near Kuala Lumpur?
(a) the women and children are hidden underground
(b) the British army increases its size
(c) the women and children are evacuated
(d) a peace delegation is sent to the Japanese
2. How does Strachan certify Donald's death?
(a) from the doctor at Camp 206 at the time of Donald's death
(b) records in the war office
(c) an affidavit from friends who knew him
(d) newspaper clippings from the time
3. In what does Strachan attempt educate Jean?
(b) the arts
4. What solution do the women come up with to allow them to stay in Kuala Telang?
(a) they will open a laundry for the Japanese
(b) they will work in the rice paddies with the Malay women
(c) they will marry village men
(d) they will hide whenever the Japanese come around
5. Why does Mrs. Horsefall cede leadership of the group to Jean?
(a) she cannot speak Malay
(b) she loses her mind
(c) she breaks her arm
(d) she comes down with malaria
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Strachan agree to allow Harman to do?
2. What meal are they served for breakfast the first morning?
3. Why does Jean hardly remember her late uncle?
4. What item do Jean and bill buy that proves to be very useful for the next few years?
5. Who shows up at Strachan's office a week after Jean's letter arrives?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)