|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
(a) Get McKittrick to comprehend the complexity of murder cases.
(b) Get McKittrick to comprehend the intricacies of this case.
(c) Get McKittrick to comprehend the reality of racism and other biases throughout the nation.
(d) Get McKittrick to comprehend the danger and threat of the KKK.
2. How much does the NAACP initially contribute toward the defense of Carl Lee?
3. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(b) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(c) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(d) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
4. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 120 days to prepare.
(b) 90 days to prepare.
(c) 60 days to prepare.
(d) 180 days to prepare.
5. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(b) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(c) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
(d) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
2. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
3. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
4. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
5. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)