|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(c) Susie Lynn.
2. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Percy Bullard.
(b) Gwen Hailey.
(c) Ethel Twitty.
(d) Rufus Buckley.
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(b) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(c) An opportunity to earn money.
(d) As his ticket to the big time.
4. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
5. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He does some paperwork.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(d) He orders pizza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
2. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
3. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
4. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
5. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)