|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) An opportunity to earn money.
(b) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(c) As his ticket to the big time.
(d) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
2. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
(a) Initiate a fund and prayer vigil for the Hailey's.
(b) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and security for Hailey's home.
(c) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and bring in the NAACP.
(d) Bring in the NAACP.
3. Carla and Jake, raised as Baptist and Methodist respectively, have agreed to become what?
4. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
(d) New York.
5. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Percy Bullard.
(b) Ethel Twitty.
(c) Rufus Buckley.
(d) Gwen Hailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
2. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
3. What is the reaction to the press conference?
4. At the city's largest black church, with NAACP officials and Gwen Hailey at his side, who announces the Carl Lee Hailey defense fund?
5. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)