|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(b) They might not be able to come to a decision.
(c) They might not indict.
(d) They might find he was temporarily insane.
2. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Frances, 1.
(b) Iris, 1.
(c) Champagne, 1.
(d) Iris, 2.
3. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
4. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(b) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(c) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(d) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
5. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A Rolls-Royce.
(b) A Saab.
(c) A BMW.
(d) A Jaguar.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
2. Who is Rocky Childers?
3. Where is Carl Lee seated during the change of venue hearing?
4. According to Judge Noose, what is the largest media problem?
5. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)