|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
(a) A most affluent, dishonest lifestyle.
(b) A most affluent, honest lifestyle.
(c) A moderate, but borderline dishonest lifestyle.
(d) A moderate, but totally honest lifestyle.
2. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) As his ticket to the big time.
(b) An opportunity to earn money.
(c) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(d) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
3. How old is Tonya?
4. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
(b) She is afraid and is not present.
(c) Seated in her daddy's lap.
(d) Seated in her mama's lap.
5. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
2. What are the six capital defense attorneys of the NAACP known as?
3. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
4. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
5. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)