|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(b) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(c) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(d) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
2. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(b) As his ticket to the big time.
(c) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(d) An opportunity to earn money.
3. According to Judge Noose, what is the largest media problem?
(a) Lawyers refusing to be interviewed.
(b) Two attorneys fighting for the same spotlight.
(c) Two attorneys squabbling publically.
(d) Attorneys revealing too much information.
4. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
(a) A moderate, but borderline dishonest lifestyle.
(b) A most affluent, honest lifestyle.
(c) A moderate, but totally honest lifestyle.
(d) A most affluent, dishonest lifestyle.
5. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) She is afraid and is not present.
(b) Seated in her daddy's lap.
(c) Seated in her mama's lap.
(d) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
2. At the city's largest black church, with NAACP officials and Gwen Hailey at his side, who announces the Carl Lee Hailey defense fund?
3. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
4. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
5. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)