|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
(b) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(c) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
(d) Reflecting on how he got off.
2. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
(a) Says nothing, and slams the phone down.
(b) Considers it briefly, then declines.
(c) Refuses, accuses him of solicitation, and threatens to report or have him reviewed by grand jury.
3. Where is Carl Lee seated during the change of venue hearing?
(a) Next to Jake, as required by court procedures.
(b) Carl Lee chose to stay in jail.
(c) Next to Jake, by his own choice.
(d) Still being examined by doctors.
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
(a) His father's entire legal staff.
(b) His father's favorite secretary, Ethel Twitty.
(c) His father's favorite hunting rifles.
(d) A brank new Ford Mustang.
5. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(b) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(c) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
2. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
3. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
4. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
5. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)