|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
(a) Carl Lee states the Sheriff has convinced him Jake is a good choice.
(b) Carl Lee states he does not trust Jake, but trusts the Shark less.
(c) Carl Lee persists he is only following Lester's request.
(d) Carl Lee admits he trusts Jake, and wants his services.
2. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
(a) Get McKittrick to comprehend the complexity of murder cases.
(b) Get McKittrick to comprehend the intricacies of this case.
(c) Get McKittrick to comprehend the reality of racism and other biases throughout the nation.
(d) Get McKittrick to comprehend the danger and threat of the KKK.
3. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
4. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
5. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Rolls-Royce.
(c) A Saab.
(d) A Jaguar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
2. Where is Carl Lee seated during the change of venue hearing?
3. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
4. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
5. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)