|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) Seated in her mama's lap.
(b) Seated in her daddy's lap.
(c) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
(d) She is afraid and is not present.
2. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(c) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
3. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(b) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(c) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(d) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
4. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) She would have to convict.
(b) It would be hard to convict.
(c) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(d) She could not convict.
5. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
(b) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(c) That they would carefully follow the trial.
(d) That they might entertain murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
2. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
4. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
5. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)