|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(b) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(c) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
2. Where is Carl Lee seated during the change of venue hearing?
(a) Next to Jake, by his own choice.
(b) Next to Jake, as required by court procedures.
(c) Still being examined by doctors.
(d) Carl Lee chose to stay in jail.
3. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
(a) Swing-set chain.
(b) Electrical cord.
(c) Nylon rope.
(d) Cotton rope.
4. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
(b) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(c) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(d) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
5. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
(a) An automatic M-1 carbine.
(b) An automatic AK-47.
(c) An automatic M-16.
(d) A .45 caliber semi-automatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
2. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
3. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
4. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
5. What does Jake Brigance drive?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)