|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the NAACP initially contribute toward the defense of Carl Lee?
2. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(b) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(c) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
(d) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
3. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
4. What is the reaction to the press conference?
(a) It is a TV news hit, and the Hailey family photo appears on the front page.
(b) It is a short clip on the 10:00 p.m. broadcast, and a short column with no photo in the back pages.
(c) Primarily on TV news, and little in the newspapers.
(d) Nothing local, only in Jackson, Memphis, Atlanta and elsewhere.
5. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(b) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
(c) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(d) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
2. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
3. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
4. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
5. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)