|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
(d) New York.
2. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(d) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
3. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
(a) A most affluent, dishonest lifestyle.
(b) A moderate, but borderline dishonest lifestyle.
(c) A most affluent, honest lifestyle.
(d) A moderate, but totally honest lifestyle.
4. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He does some paperwork.
(b) He orders pizza.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
5. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(b) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(c) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(d) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
2. What does Jake Brigance drive?
3. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
5. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)