|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 1 day.
2. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
(a) Carl Lee persists he is only following Lester's request.
(b) Carl Lee states the Sheriff has convinced him Jake is a good choice.
(c) Carl Lee admits he trusts Jake, and wants his services.
(d) Carl Lee states he does not trust Jake, but trusts the Shark less.
3. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(b) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(c) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
4. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) The local AA director.
(b) The local ministers.
(c) Parents of young children.
(d) The schoolboard members.
5. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on how he got off.
(b) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(c) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
(d) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the NAACP initially contribute toward the defense of Carl Lee?
2. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
3. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
4. Who is Rocky Childers?
5. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)