|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
(a) Lester Hailey.
(b) Lucien Wilbanks.
(c) Carl Lee Hailey.
(d) Jake Brigance.
2. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Light a cigar.
(b) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(c) Have a cup of coffee.
(d) Play his harmonica.
3. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(b) Listens to classical music.
(c) Drinks vodka.
(d) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
4. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
5. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
(a) He had a bad breakfast there one morning and got sick.
(b) Since being fired, he regrets the TV footage, and wants to avoid locals.
(c) The manager asked him to because he represented Carl Lee and business was down.
(d) He got into an argument with his favorite waitress.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
2. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
3. How old is Tonya?
4. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
5. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)