|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) To get at least one black jury member.
(b) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(c) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(d) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
2. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) Seated in her mama's lap.
(b) She is afraid and is not present.
(c) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
(d) Seated in her daddy's lap.
3. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Jaguar.
(c) A Saab.
(d) A Rolls-Royce.
4. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
(a) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and bring in the NAACP.
(b) Bring in the NAACP.
(c) Initiate a fund and prayer vigil for the Hailey's.
(d) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and security for Hailey's home.
5. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
2. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
3. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
4. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
5. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)