|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
(a) Electrical cord.
(b) Swing-set chain.
(c) Nylon rope.
(d) Cotton rope.
2. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
3. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(b) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(c) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(d) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
4. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He orders pizza.
(b) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He does some paperwork.
5. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(a) State Attorney.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) District Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
2. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
3. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
4. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
5. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)