|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
2. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Listens to classical music.
(b) Drinks vodka.
(c) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(d) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
3. How much does the NAACP initially contribute toward the defense of Carl Lee?
4. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
(b) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(c) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
(d) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
5. According to Judge Noose, what is the largest media problem?
(a) Two attorneys squabbling publically.
(b) Lawyers refusing to be interviewed.
(c) Attorneys revealing too much information.
(d) Two attorneys fighting for the same spotlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
2. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
5. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)