|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
(a) Carl Lee states he does not trust Jake, but trusts the Shark less.
(b) Carl Lee admits he trusts Jake, and wants his services.
(c) Carl Lee states the Sheriff has convinced him Jake is a good choice.
(d) Carl Lee persists he is only following Lester's request.
2. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Percy Bullard.
(b) Rufus Buckley.
(c) Gwen Hailey.
(d) Ethel Twitty.
3. How old is Tonya?
4. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(b) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(c) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(d) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
5. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) No parole.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 13 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
2. At the city's largest black church, with NAACP officials and Gwen Hailey at his side, who announces the Carl Lee Hailey defense fund?
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
4. According to Judge Noose, what is the largest media problem?
5. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)